HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2008, 01:44 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmayhem
I'm partway through the build of my 33bb. I'm learning that I'm not so great at cutting. You guys are talking about cuts with angles accurate to a degree, I think this is beyond my skills. Do you use some sort of mechanical assistance to achieve such accuracy?
use a sharp blade and take your time cutting, soon as you get some tearing either sharpen the blade or replace the blade, one other thing is use a GOOD straight edge for guideing your blade on long cuts
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
Sheeeeeeeit
Detroit, Michigan
Joined Mar 2008
4 Posts
I believe my issue is with blade angle... I am following the lines well, and no tearing.
digitalmayhem is offline Find More Posts by digitalmayhem
Old May 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,924 Posts
As long as the angle isn't VERY bad, don't worry about it. You can usually sand it off round ie. round the edges.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old May 15, 2008, 02:28 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
I cut & sharpen blade Keep it sharp is # 1 with foam. The angle for elevator is easy two ways. SHARP blade, Straight edge and hold angle or put on an edge and sand angle needed. And I use strait edges & clamps on long cuts for speed. Also use a wheel & cut both sides of fuselage at once. You build a few and you'll learn all kinds of tricks. # 1 is just have fun doing it.

Ken
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
Old May 15, 2008, 04:38 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,935 Posts
Flew my BB33UC around in the cul-de-sac in front of my house last evening and had fun exercising one of our corgis with it . He'd tentatively follow it around as I taxiied it around, then take off running after it as it took off....and as soon as it was about three feet up he'd stop running (he may like to chase it, but he ain't stupid).

One thing I learned doing this is that that "4-40" wing with that moderate taper on the outboard panels (so natural washout) is EXTREMELY forgiving. I could just about stand the airplane on a wingtip and pull and it wouldn't even threaten to stall/snap out. Just what the doctor ordered for tight spaces (so it lives up to that design objective for sure). Also, there's plenty of control authority there (mine has the "classic profile" vertical tail and I didn't extend the rudder forward over the fin but just made the hinge line go all the way to the top). I'm going to have to tone throws down for pure primary training.

This may have been asked before in this thread, but does anyone have a reasonably good FMS model of the BB UC? I finally just got FMS and will eventually figure out how to tweak models myself to make one, but if there's a ready-made I'll take it . It will be very useful for my students.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Last edited by BEC; May 16, 2008 at 01:09 AM. Reason: punctuation fixes
Old May 15, 2008, 06:05 PM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Thanks Newb, Chewy and HF for your battery advice. I'll get both batteries. I was hoping to build 2 33" BBs - One to teach a few friends how to fly (2 cell will be perfect), and one for myself. I'll keep the 3 cell for mine as I have a programable radio and can dial it down a bit if needed.

Thanks again guys.
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
Old May 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Flew my BB33UC around in the cul-de-sac in front of my house l
snip
This may have been asked before in this thread, but does anyone have a reasonably good FMS model of the BB UC? I finally just got FMS and will eventually figure out how to tweak models myself to make one, but if there's a ready-made I'll take it . It will be very useful for my students.

there is one in the works for fms and for real flight 3.5
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Old May 15, 2008, 08:08 PM
Joined Jan 2008
441 Posts
thanks everyone sure nice to know i can depend on so many of you for the help i'm sure i'm gping to need.

thanka gramps
gramps45 is offline Find More Posts by gramps45
Old May 15, 2008, 08:50 PM
Fighter of Gravity
Joined Aug 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Rob, wings are a hoot. I'll post the plans up for you for the KFm3 Flying Wing. I'll be building another one soon so I'll take some pics too. Super easy build.

Tony
I've got to chime in on this. My very first scratch build was this 34" bluecor wing. It handles slow flying very well but I've also dopplered it at 70mph. It's a very simple design and easy to build also. I seldom go flying without taking it with me to the field. I think everyone needs a wing (or 4)
woolebugr is offline Find More Posts by woolebugr
Old May 15, 2008, 09:38 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blxpy
Thanks Newb, Chewy and HF for your battery advice. I'll get both batteries. I was hoping to build 2 33" BBs - One to teach a few friends how to fly (2 cell will be perfect), and one for myself. I'll keep the 3 cell for mine as I have a programable radio and can dial it down a bit if needed.

Thanks again guys.
Please be careful if you are thinking of using you End-points on your computer radio to tone down or limit your throttle. It may not work as a lot of esc are auto-ranging. In some cases, when you turn on your rx with the tx throttle stick in the max position and then pull it back to the min position, the esc will read the upper and lower pulse widths and use them to set the high and low throttle limit.

Just control your thumb. It's the easiest and cheapest solution, no computer radio required.

chewy
Old May 15, 2008, 09:45 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
Try checking your motor thrust line. You probably have up-thrust resulting from the crash. If that's the case, you have to insert washers, if it's a fire-wall mount to bring the motor thrust line back down 2-3 deg downward. If it's a stick mount, then it's gonna be more of a problem.

chewy
Yup, it was the thrust angle...........I put it back down to about 2* and it flus great once again!

Thanks
Xanadu is offline Find More Posts by Xanadu
Old May 15, 2008, 10:09 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,924 Posts
Xanadu... happy to be of help

chewy
Old May 16, 2008, 01:02 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,935 Posts
Blu Baby and corgi

Here's my BB33UC (2 inch grey foam monoblock) and Willoby, our corgi who got some exercise chasing the BB around in the cul-de-sac Wednesday evening as I mentioned a few posts back.....
Old May 16, 2008, 01:11 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
impressed with small space capability

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Here's my BB33UC (2 inch grey foam monoblock) and Willoby, our corgi who got some exercise chasing the BB around in the cul-de-sac Wednesday evening as I mentioned a few posts back.....
I hear it every once in a while; flying from a cul-de-sac............ and I'm impressed, and still amazed that this can be done. OK, I see you said 33 inch, I think I see UC............ regular dihedral? 3ch? I'm going searching to see if you already gave us the setup, otherwise I'll be asking.

Got a son working on a 36 in model.

LarryR : )
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old May 16, 2008, 01:26 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Your post 4675

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I think you summed it all up on post 4675. Is that right? and all that performance [by MY stds, at least] with that motor?

Thanks for posting your data and comments.

Old May 16, 2008, 01:32 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,935 Posts
Yup Larry, that's the post. I'm going to put an 8x4 on it (motor will still be loafing) for a little more "margin" in tight spaces (don't want to put it in the neighbors' cherry tree, for instance..... )
Old May 16, 2008, 01:33 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Tight turns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Yup Larry, that's the post. I'm going to put an 8x4 on it (motor will still be loafing) for a little more "margin" in tight spaces (don't want to put it in the neighbors' cherry tree, for instance..... )
Did you put more or less dihedral on it for the "tight turns"?

Old May 16, 2008, 02:40 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
FINALLY got my order into Hobbycity today.

Just waiting for 'Woodsy' (Aussies will know who I'm talking about) get his CellFoam 88 in stock and I'll be good to go.

Thanks everyone for your help over the last few weeks. Can't wait to join the BB family!
Until then I have to be content with my B-less Slow stick.

First build for me is a 33" UC BB for lazy street flying and to help teach my brother in law to fly. Next either a 32 or 42 with a Kfm3 wing.

After that I've got a little something new in mind to add to the BB family - Hopefully it works out!
Old May 16, 2008, 11:11 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,184 Posts
Flew the 24" bb yesterday, two flights. First was so fun and controlled,(little wind) that I figured I should do some noggincam vid. Of course, by second flight wind was up a little, but more exciting. Still editing out the "flying right out of the frame" portions. managed to avoid the trees, but hit power lines instead

Already re'gg'ed and ready for a calmer day.

This is the straight reduction, not Tony's new and improved version, that's cut but not glued yet. Great plane at all sizes, Tony!

mike
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2008, 11:47 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Did you put more or less dihedral on it for the "tight turns"?

I made no aerodynamic changes to Tony's design (unless you count the fat fuselage). Dihedral is as called out and while it seemed - before flying the airplane - a little low for a three channel plane to have adequate control response, it now seems to be just about right.
Old May 16, 2008, 12:18 PM
John 3:16
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Were there ever plans for a 60" Blubaby AP or is the largest plan set for the 52"?
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old May 16, 2008, 01:15 PM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy-O
Were there ever plans for a 60" Blubaby AP or is the largest plan set for the 52"?
Daddy-O
Hi

Plans for the 60" Kfm3 wing are on page 8 and the full plans for the BBAP2 are on Page 75, post 1120.

Cheers Frank
frank48 is online now Find More Posts by frank48
Old May 16, 2008, 01:23 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,015 Posts
Daddy-O,

I believe that the 60" version is the 52"er with a 60" Kfm3 wing. Here it is in post #107
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=107

Ken

Edit: I am mistaken. I did not remember there was an AP2. Thanks
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; May 16, 2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old May 16, 2008, 01:27 PM
BB repair shop
Mobile, Alabama
Joined Apr 2008
38 Posts
Can anyone help out a little with the electronics configuration...You guys are powering you rx from the lipo right? How is that connection made? I am looking at all the photo attachments trying to figure it out. Thanks!
mobdan is offline Find More Posts by mobdan
Old May 16, 2008, 01:43 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,015 Posts
RX Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobdan
Can anyone help out a little with the electronics configuration...You guys are powering you rx from the lipo right? How is that connection made? I am looking at all the photo attachments trying to figure it out. Thanks!
The ESC is plugged into the RX, and the battery is plugged into the ESC. The RX is then powered through the ESC.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old May 16, 2008, 01:51 PM
BB repair shop
Mobile, Alabama
Joined Apr 2008
38 Posts
Thanks Ken
Old May 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
AKA Don
Troy, MI USA
Joined Dec 2002
7,455 Posts
Most ESC's have a Battery Elimination Circuit (BEC). That circuit takes the battery voltage and regulates it down to the 5V or so supplied to the electronics. If the ESC does not have a BEC then you can use a seperate BEC device or use a seperate lower voltage battery.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old May 16, 2008, 02:03 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,924 Posts
mobdan,

The esc for these 2s-3s power systems usually have built-in becs. These are usually 2A-3A and supply current to the system (rx, servos) through its control-signal wires that plugs into the rx. You don't need to do anything special to make use of the bec power, just plug the signal wire into the throttle channel.

It's when you want to use multiple esc for multiple motors that you have to make some provision to disable one of the becs. If you want to use all the bec supply from the all the esc's then, to be safe you make a Y-cable with built-in low-voltage-drop Schottky diodes in each of the red wires going to the esc. This will prevent the becs in each esc from interfering with each other. Don't mess with the original wires on the esc, but do the mods on the Y-cable instead. Some esc do not need the diodes but can share the power somewhat. I think the Castle esc can coexist. But this is a case where 2+2 = 3. You don't get the full amperage from each of the 2A becs, more like somewhere between 2A and 4A, like 3A.

I have used dual external 8A (each) UBECS with my 43cc petrol Katana S90. I tried it without the diodes, but one of the UBECS just gives a warning of being in a low-voltage condition. Ones the diodes were installed, both UBECS works just fine, and I betcha the total current available is close to 16A. My system does not need 16A, it's just there for redundancy.

Hope I didn't muddy up the waters too much...

chewy
Old May 16, 2008, 03:01 PM
BB repair shop
Mobile, Alabama
Joined Apr 2008
38 Posts
Thanks all for the comments. I now see the BEC rating on the esc I bought.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...?idProduct=659
Just didnt know what it meant. It is only 1.5 amp BEC. I guess this will work with the Futaba I plan to buy.
Old May 16, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Daddy-O,

I believe that the 60" version is the 52"er with a 60" Kfm3 wing. Here it is in post #107
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=107

Ken

Edit: I am mistaken. I did not remember there was an AP2. Thanks
There is a BBAP1 and BBAP2. The AP1 is the workhorse utility bird. The AP2 was designed for traveling. It is smaller in length and the stab comes off. The 60" wing comes apart and the whole thing, radio, batteries, tools, everything, stores in a hard plastic Walmart tote box.

However, unless you need these features, I recommend the BBAP1, page eight, post 107.

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old May 16, 2008, 05:22 PM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Flew the 24" bb yesterday, two flights. First was so fun and controlled,(little wind) that I figured I should do some noggincam vid. Of course, by second flight wind was up a little, but more exciting. Still editing out the "flying right out of the frame" portions. managed to avoid the trees, but hit power lines instead

Already re'gg'ed and ready for a calmer day.

This is the straight reduction, not Tony's new and improved version, that's cut but not glued yet. Great plane at all sizes, Tony!

mike
Glad to hear you have her flying.
I have my reduction 24" ready to fly with the 10g motor and lighter battery.
It glides extremely well now.
Have to finish a BB-33 for a friend before I start the new improved Tony-24.
Go away wind!
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Old May 16, 2008, 06:23 PM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
I must have missed the post with Tony's plans for the 24" version - what post # was it?
Old May 16, 2008, 06:31 PM
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
I wanted to thank Frank, Ken and Tony for help with the plans. If I understand it right, to make my BBAP, I want the BBAP1 fuse parts and the BBAP1 60 inch KFm3 wing pdfs, right? I think that is right. It looks right anyway. This is for the not so portable (doesn't fit in a Walmart box) AP 60" Blu-Baby, right? I think I am going to put my Slow Stick back into a light, easy flying mode and use the better BBAP 60" as my AP ship. Thanks Tony for such a great plane!
Daddy-O
Old May 16, 2008, 06:38 PM
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blxpy
I must have missed the post with Tony's plans for the 24" version - what post # was it?
I do know where these are. They are on page one - post one.
Daddy-O
Old May 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Im wondering just how many sizes of BB's have been built ? ? ?

Ken Still packing but took drivers test today so "IM READY " almost
Old May 16, 2008, 09:21 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubee 1
Im wondering just how many sizes of BB's have been built ? ? ?

Ken Still packing but took drivers test today so "IM READY " almost
From what I see, 24" 32", 42", 54", and 60"...........
Old May 16, 2008, 09:24 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,554 Posts
Got my 42" flying just fantastic now.

Switch out my 9047 prop for a 1040, and what a differance.

Almost, and I mean almost, hovers............so close, yet so far........
Kinda neat to watch it start to hover, then slip back and over to one side, and down she comes just roaring!

Going to build the sport wing next, with aerilons.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:00 PM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu
......I have a 16" prototype in the making. SHHH!!
It's top secret.
Don't tell Tony!
Mike
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Old May 16, 2008, 10:11 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
add my 36" UC, 38" KF3 V-Tail, 40" Clark-Y, 48"with UC & KF3 aileron wings.

Only 9 differant so far ?

Ken
Old May 16, 2008, 10:19 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,554 Posts
Here is couple of videos took this evening, sorry for the poor quality, but its all I got for now.
Will get some better ones once wind is calm during daylight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIIMmKl_hmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKY2_DdicKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmXAeDQvdA0
Old May 16, 2008, 10:34 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
I wanted to thank Frank, Ken and Tony for help with the plans. If I understand it right, to make my BBAP, I want the BBAP1 fuse parts and the BBAP1 60 inch KFm3 wing pdfs, right? I think that is right. It looks right anyway. This is for the not so portable (doesn't fit in a Walmart box) AP 60" Blu-Baby, right? I think I am going to put my Slow Stick back into a light, easy flying mode and use the better BBAP 60" as my AP ship. Thanks Tony for such a great plane!
Daddy-O
That's right Daddy-O. BBAP1 fuse with the BBAP1 wing, 60" or 52", depending on the kind of flying you wish to do. Better yet, build both wings and swap 'em out when you want to take pics or just fool around.

You'll like, it's a quantum leap away from a Slow Stick.

Tony
Old May 17, 2008, 12:10 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,924 Posts
Quote:
Here is couple of videos took this evening, sorry for the poor quality, but its all I got for now.

Xanadu, I think you should try not to pull on the elevator so much. The baby keeps stalling on you.

chewy
Old May 17, 2008, 03:39 AM
Joined Jan 2008
441 Posts
tony i was looking at the earlier threads, on pg10 post140 you have the the plans for the 33 kfm sport wing. i downed loaded it but cant figure out how it goes together. can you help explain it ? got thru cutting out the bb33 with the uc wing will start putting it together soon. i'm using elmers foam board. ordered the blu wonder motor,esc,batt from hc. planning ahead for a bb with the kfm sport wing. i was able to get my easy star up and land by myself twice today getting there slowly. cant wait to get my bb33 done thanks

thanks
gramps
Old May 17, 2008, 03:57 AM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps45
tony i was looking at the earlier threads, on pg10 post140 you have the the plans for the 33 kfm sport wing. i downed loaded it but cant figure out how it goes together. can you help explain it ? got thru cutting out the bb33 with the uc wing will start putting it together soon. i'm using elmers foam board. ordered the blu wonder motor,esc,batt from hc. planning ahead for a bb with the kfm sport wing. i was able to get my easy star up and land by myself twice today getting there slowly. cant wait to get my bb33 done thanks

thanks
gramps
gramps .... can you give me a link to the blu wonder motor, esc and batt you intend to use .....

cheers .....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old May 17, 2008, 05:28 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Daddy-O
Hi DaddyO

If you go that route I think you need to cut the wing seat at 0 degrees so its at the same angle as the tailplane (or stab in the US ) to stop it ballooning in flight. The BB1AP wasn't originally made for the Kfm wing.

Perhaps Tony could come in to confirm this??

Good luck

Frank
frank48 is online now Find More Posts by frank48
Old May 17, 2008, 07:26 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48
Hi DaddyO

If you go that route I think you need to cut the wing seat at 0 degrees so its at the same angle as the tailplane (or stab in the US ) to stop it ballooning in flight. The BB1AP wasn't originally made for the Kfm wing.

Perhaps Tony could come in to confirm this??

Good luck

Frank
Frank and Daddy-O, the BBAP1 plans have been changed to reflect the change in airfoil sections. If you have downloaded the plans since April 15/08 there is no need to do anything. The incidence is correctly set for the KFm3 foil. The BB42 has had this change too.

Tony
Old May 17, 2008, 07:32 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
Xanadu, I think you should try not to pull on the elevator so much. The baby keeps stalling on you.

chewy
Agree. Xanadu, a wing flies on its airspeed and the elevator, not the throttle, controls the airspeed. Give her a couple of clicks nose down trim, be gentle on the elevator and you;ll be rewarded with a much smoother flyer.

Congrats on your success though, you're keeping it in the air!

Tony
Old May 17, 2008, 07:49 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps45

thanks
gramps
The 33" KFm2 Sport Wing is simplicity itself. Cut out the plan templates. On the plan, the leading edges are the ones with the angle. On the inside of the wing panel and the KFm panel, cuy a 45 degree angle. You can use sandpaper of a sharp knife.

Turn the panels over so the 45 degree cut is under the panel and butt the wing panel leading edge and the KFm panel leading edge together. Run a strip of 2" wide clear packing tape along the joint spanwise. Depending on how sticky your tape is you may have to run an overlap strip of the tape on both panels from the LE back.

Turn the panels back over so the 45 degree cuts are facing up. On a flat surface, slowly bend the KFm strip over until it is flat on top of the wing panel. Run a bead of your favorite foam glue along the joint between the panels and weight the KFm panel down until the glue is completely dry

Cut and hinge your ailerons. Sand the correct dihedral angle in (3/4") at each tip, tape your center section joint, add your bamboo skewers and you're done.

It takes less time to do it than it does to write it. Enjoy!

Tony
Old May 17, 2008, 09:30 AM
Joined Jan 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14
gramps .... can you give me a link to the blu wonder motor, esc and batt you intend to use .....

cheers .....

hobie14 its the set up tony recomended on pg 300 # 4500. that batt is on back order so i ordered the zippy 800 mah 2s 15-20c $6.25. sorry dont know how to post the link.

thanks
gramps
Old May 17, 2008, 09:36 AM
Seattle ,WA
Joined Dec 2006
38 Posts
This plane really intrigues me. I am planning on building the 33"er. I do have a couple questions though. I used to fly slope gliders years ago and dropped out of it (moved and no slope nearby). I recently decided to get back into ploanes but with motors. I am trying to get my brother interested and needed a nice inexpensive scratch built like this to have him try. My question is around the power plant for this. I would like it to be able to fly docile (low speeds) for my brother (possible with the non-aileron wing but be able to do some airobatics like in Kaos' video earlier in this thread with the aileron wing. So I was thinking the bm2409-12t from Headsuprc. Is this to much motor? If so what do you recommend?

I've seen alot of motors mentioned earlier in the thread but some of them don't clearly mention wether they are for the larger or smaller Blu.

Now I just need to track down the best source for foam. I understand that Home Depot or Lowes will be a good source for this. Is this also true.

Thanks and thanks for tolerating the questions. It can be kind of daunting to gleen the right information out of a thread that is this long.

Retnug
retnug is offline Find More Posts by retnug