Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 01, 2008, 06:46 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenator
Hi Rob... So long as your working from your qualified BluBaby plan, you entry will qualify even if it has been kitted many times. The idea is to build it around a Blubaby. If it were simply a plan using monobloc contruction, it wouldn't qualify. If you have any other questions let me know. I look forward to seeing your entry.

Here are a couple of pics of my finished 42" BB Tri-Pacer. I haven't flown it yet due to a week of high winds.
Looks like the project I was talking about would fall well outside of those rules. Not to worry though, I have another in mind that has a very similar profile to the BB. I will have a look at that.

Rob...
mxspode is offline Find More Posts by mxspode
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2008, 06:58 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,375 Posts
woot well got out and was able to get some stick time, my FB mord brought out his supercub with his wifi video cam, some interferance some times but you will see my BB 24 with its over powered ness of a tower pro 2809-12 and my maiden of my bbap 53 still have to get some more stick time with ailerons but oooh yeah my little bb 24 is a bottle rocket!!! enjoy the video wifi video from supercub and bluebaby 24 and bluebaby AP (10 min 7 sec)

WOOTNESS 501 pages !!! congarats tony !!! and it looks like you had a blast!!
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Last edited by laserman; Sep 01, 2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2008, 07:46 PM
Joined Jul 2008
72 Posts
I have failed =[ The wind was too strong today, but I decided to give it a try anyways. Luckily, my BB survived with nothing worse than a slightly bend prop.

By the way, how much is my Elevator/Rudder supposed to bend? Mine doesnt move very much =[

~Ed

**Edit**
I'll post up the video after youtube finishes processing it :[
Snipir is offline Find More Posts by Snipir
Old Sep 01, 2008, 08:47 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,393 Posts
BB's Galore!

Wow!

With all the new planes posted it's hard to keep track of all of them. So if I miss anyone please forgive, but congrats to Jackerbes, Jhtitan, Maduc, and Easyrydr courtesy of Wmcneal. All great looking aircraft.

Laserman,

I will get to see yours tomorrow when I am back to acessing high speed internet.

Foamenator,

I love that BB TriPacer. The TriPacer is one of my all time faves, and yours is spot on.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Sep 01, 2008, 10:35 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipir
I have failed =[ The wind was too strong today, but I decided to give it a try anyways. Luckily, my BB survived with nothing worse than a slightly bend prop.

By the way, how much is my Elevator/Rudder supposed to bend? Mine doesnt move very much =[

~Ed

**Edit**

The wind got the best of my BB24.......snapped the nose right off!
That will teach me for using pink foam monoblock instead of my regular "super foam" that I get from work.
I am on my third BB33 with the same "superfoam" monoblock.
Xanadu is offline Find More Posts by Xanadu
Old Sep 01, 2008, 10:54 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Wow! Lots of new BBs getting their wings this weekend. Congratulations to everybody. Great vid Jim, and Snipir, don't worry about it and get her back in the air. It happens to all of us. Xanadu, glue it back on and fly it. You know the drill!

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:26 AM
Joined Oct 2004
789 Posts
Quote:
Yay! I finished building my Blue-Baby today! Except it's more of a Black Baby than a blue one. I ran into some trouble ( elevator not moving, paint eating into foam, ect) , but me and my dad managed to make what we believe is a RC plane capable of flight I'm going to maiden my BB tomorrow. I hope it wont be the final flight

~Ed

~~Edit~~

MadDuc, that is an awesome looking BB you have there
Thanks, nice looking Black Stealth Baby you have got there as well!

Looking at those pictures I would however suggest to add some fluorescent stripes to one side of the wing. I love black, but when I flew my Batflyer (see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710907) I found out that it is very hard to determine which side is up. The Batflyer was black on top and blue on the bottom, the contrast between those colors was not enough and it caused me to almost crash it a couple of times. I was only able to pull out of those situations because I have a lot of time on the sticks..... on one of the first flights I could not save it however and crashed it, with repairable damage ;-) Have a look at this picture, this is the bottom of the plane, which is actually blue, hard to see.....

For a trainer you want colors that ensure you know exactly which side is up, so you don't have to worry about it.

Good luck with flying, it's an addictive hobby.
MadDuc is offline Find More Posts by MadDuc
Last edited by MadDuc; Sep 02, 2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:26 AM
Joined Oct 2004
789 Posts
Quote:

~Ed

**Edit**
Ed,

How much experience do you have with flying? If you don't have a lot of experience I would wait until there is little or no wind. It is exciting and difficult enough to get used to flying that you don't want a plane being blown all over the place. It will make it a lot more relaxed if there is little to no wind

Good luck with flying, have fun!
Last edited by MadDuc; Sep 02, 2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:39 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Feb 2008
537 Posts
Oh I love the banner. I was just talking with my friends about pulling a banner. What did you make it out of and was it hard to get it to not wave and stay upright? I know nothing about actual banners on full scale aircraft.
TacoChuck is offline Find More Posts by TacoChuck
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:42 AM
Joined Jul 2008
72 Posts
xD I guess I'll have to wait for a while then. California weather is really annoying I suppose I could use the time and do as MadDuc suggested - time to paint my wings!

Thanks guys!!

~Ed
Old Sep 02, 2008, 02:26 AM
Joined Oct 2004
789 Posts
Simulator

If you want to keep practising while there is a lot of wind, you could buy a simulator. Practising a lot on the computer will help you a lot when you go back to the field. I believe those simulators can be purchased for around $20,- + shipping.

This way you can crash as many times as you want without having to rebuild all the time. It sure helped me a lot with orientation and stick control when I got started.

Have fun
Old Sep 02, 2008, 02:34 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,934 Posts
Heading for 300K views

Friends, Tony's BluBaby is approaching 300K views. Let's move it move over quickly.

Best regards,
Bill Segraves
segraves is offline Find More Posts by segraves
Old Sep 02, 2008, 02:36 AM
Joined Jul 2008
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDuc
If you want to keep practising while there is a lot of wind, you could buy a simulator. Practising a lot on the computer will help you a lot when you go back to the field. I believe those simulators can be purchased for around $20,- + shipping.

This way you can crash as many times as you want without having to rebuild all the time. It sure helped me a lot with orientation and stick control when I got started.

Have fun

Haha =] Thanks, but I'll be quite busy once school starts on Thursday. I guess I'll shelve my BB until the weekends.

~Ed
Old Sep 02, 2008, 02:40 AM
Joined Oct 2004
789 Posts
Quote:
Haha =] Thanks, but I'll be quite busy once school starts on Thursday. I guess I'll shelve my BB until the weekends.

~Ed
That's exactly why you should get yourself a simulator!!!!! You won't have time for rebuilding, but you must be able to find 5-10 minutes a day for practising on the computer...... weather independent!!!

Good luck!
Old Sep 02, 2008, 05:39 AM
Onward through the fog.
Bohol Philippines
Joined Aug 2008
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDuc
That's exactly why you should get yourself a simulator!!!!! You won't have time for rebuilding, but you must be able to find 5-10 minutes a day for practising on the computer...... weather independent!!!

Good luck!
I agree 100%. I use FMS constantly and my landings still suck but they don't suck anywhere near as bad as they did when I started. I'm using a Lite24 high wing trainer I found on the web and it seems to fly about like the BB's I've seen in the vids that some of you have uploaded. I switch between 3 and 4 channel use so I get a bit of practice with ailerons and without. I think it's a good idea for a newbie and those of us who have been out of the hobby for a while.

Now I've been delayed again. My order from HK came in and I was putting new connectors on various items when I inadvertantly let all the smoke out of my one and only 1050 Lipo. Totally my fault. Just had a brain fart in the middle of everything. I wasn't watching while I had the insulation off the old connectors and "Whoosh". No fire thank the powers that be. The batt tests one cell bad. Anyone know how to get the smoke back in and seal it up?????

I have 3 2s 1300s on the way with some other stuff. The BB isn't going anywhere for at least 2 weeks. I'm thinking of throwing together pod and boom HLG. I have a 4 battery case for AAA's and a micro switch and harnes I can get the reciever and servos working but no motor for a while.

I know it's OT but how do you think a KFm3 would work in a higher aspect ratio wing on a HLG/DLG?

Steve.
Cybernaught is offline Find More Posts by Cybernaught
Last edited by Cybernaught; Sep 02, 2008 at 05:46 AM.