HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2007, 07:03 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstShirt
I think I have figured out how the inverted landing happened. My theory is that Tony included some steathy secret elements in the Blu-Baby design that are undetectable to us mortals without a Blu-Baby secret decoder ring. Until now I thought that Tony was giving away his design, but I bet after this and other unexplainable events occur with other Blu-Babies, he'll start selling the secret decoder rings for big bucks. Just you wait and see.

Pat
Rats, the secret is out. Well, I might as well tell the rest. The Blu-Baby design contains some hidden elements pirated from a crashed alien spacecraft in 1947. These elements, only ever seen in certain ancient Egyptian scolls, were zealously guarded by the Illuminati and the Freemasons until such a time as a easy to build, inexpensive airplane (made of foam) was available. At the time ordained by the New World Order, all BBs will convert themselves into full aerobatic spy aircraft, capable of reporting the movements of all human beings on the planet and staying aloft for indefinate periods. Of course, they are activated by the decoder rings.

Until such time, they remain simple primary trainers. But you have been warned!

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2007, 07:07 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
kdahlhaus, Your 42" BB looks exactly like "the Kids" airplane. His uses a GWS 350 too and it flies VERY well. Nice build

Do you have spars under the wings? We used wing struts on his as the FF has to be braced at this size.

Tony
Old Jun 07, 2007, 07:12 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Pat, I love your story, That's too funny. You should make your next BB with LG top and bottom. HAHA!

Praymond, you can get high capacity lipos for your transmitter. Check out HiModel.com and cheapbatterypacks.com. These last folks also have MANY different types of NiMh and NiCd batteries and if you don't want to use lipos, you could probably make your own pack pretty cheaply.

Tony

Tony
Old Jun 07, 2007, 08:43 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
kdahlhaus, Your 42" BB looks exactly like "the Kids" airplane. His uses a GWS 350 too and it flies VERY well. Nice build

Do you have spars under the wings? We used wing struts on his as the FF has to be braced at this size.

Tony

Yes - spars but no struts. I have a bamboo skewer embedded into each wing at the CG line and connected with a brass tube in the middle.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Jun 07, 2007, 08:53 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Cool, that should work. She has big wings!

Tony
Old Jun 07, 2007, 09:22 AM
You deserve my opinion
Collierville, TN
Joined Apr 2005
1,497 Posts
Whew!!! Tony, I'm glad I'm not the only one who wears a tin foil hat to pick up alien transmissions from the great beyond!

Paul, Thanks for the servo tip. Great deal.
FirstShirt is offline Find More Posts by FirstShirt
Old Jun 07, 2007, 08:37 PM
Dismembered Member...
Niagara Falls/Toronto area
Joined Dec 2003
4,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus

The mono-bloc is a great design. This is the first full-fuse I've built. After the BB the profile planes have just lost some of their appeal.
I'll agree with that statement.

I've been doing a bit of searching. I think this design: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=agwagon
needs to be revisited/revised a bit too. It'd do good for an advanced trainer with the monoblock.

Tony: You left out the Knights Templar

Brad
arx_n_sparx is offline Find More Posts by arx_n_sparx
Old Jun 07, 2007, 10:20 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Brad, are you like that girl I used to date, Clair Voyent? Here's a little teaser of the Piper Pawnee Brave I've been working on, by request, for Nubee1. Plans are nearly done. 50" span, Monobloc construction, KFm airfoil, BP-21 for cheap power. 4 or 5-channel. Big, slow and somewhat aerobatic. Sound like fun?

Tony

PS: The Knights Templar had nothing to do with it. That was just a rumour...
Last edited by Tony65x55; Jun 08, 2007 at 06:28 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2007, 11:11 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Is the 5th ch. for retracts or flaps? Of course we are interested in your work, Tony!

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jun 08, 2007, 06:26 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Oh Chewy, I wish it was my work instead of my hobby. Then I could spend a little more time doing it. So many great airplanes, so little tme.

The 5th channel is for flaperons. The Pawnee is a fixed gear aircraft.

Tony
Old Jun 08, 2007, 07:46 AM
You deserve my opinion
Collierville, TN
Joined Apr 2005
1,497 Posts
Tony, that Piper Pawnee looks great! Just in time for me to dust my front yard this summer! Pat
Old Jun 08, 2007, 07:56 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Thanks Pat, it should be sweet. I hope to have the plans finished in the next week or so but as you know, doing decent plans takes time.

Tony
Old Jun 08, 2007, 08:34 PM
Dismembered Member...
Niagara Falls/Toronto area
Joined Dec 2003
4,536 Posts
***drool***

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one, Tony! I wiped out that Agwagon a while ago doing slow stall turns/wingovers. There's just something about the AG planes that give me the shivers....goosesbumples even.....

Brad
arx_n_sparx is offline Find More Posts by arx_n_sparx
Old Jun 08, 2007, 09:36 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Coming soon... to an airport near you.

Tony
Old Jun 08, 2007, 11:50 PM
You deserve my opinion
Collierville, TN
Joined Apr 2005
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Thanks Pat, it should be sweet. I hope to have the plans finished in the next week or so but as you know, doing decent plans takes time.

Tony
No problem. It takes time to be perfect. In the mean time, I have plenty of planes on my build list.

My friend (the one who pulled off the inverted landing) got his Tx, lipos, charger, etc. in today. We got things tweaked and he was soloing his BB with confidence. He's leaving for a week vacation tomorrow and is taking everything with him so he can get in some flying. Can't think of a better plane to send him off with.

Thanks again, Tony. Have a great weekend.

Pat