HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 14, 2008, 06:33 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
tuppertn's Avatar
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Yep. It just plugs in between the ESC and battery with standard Deans Ultra plugs. Installing and removing is as simple as connecting your battery.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2008, 06:59 PM
AMA 14680
Foamenator's Avatar
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn
Yep. It just plugs in between the ESC and battery with standard Deans Ultra plugs. Installing and removing is as simple as connecting your battery.

kendall
Kendall... Which setup do you have? Is it the complete dashboard unit? Thanks... Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:26 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
laserman's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,377 Posts
i bow to the master who made the Plans

this was the easiest one i have had to layout and tape up thanks for wonderfull job and will be starting to have the foam fly on my weekend which starts on sunday night, one question would a brushless outrunner bell shaped looks like a tower pro the specs on it are a 2409-12 with a 30 amp esc, if any one has any input on my choice of power plant please let me know
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:02 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
tuppertn's Avatar
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenator
Kendall... Which setup do you have? Is it the complete dashboard unit? Thanks... Bob
No. I can't say I've ever really had the urge to get the LCD screen part of it. My PC is handy enough for bench testing.



laserman,
Which size did you build? The 2409-12 is heavy overkill for the 33", overpowered but workable on the 42" and still strong on the 52" camera plane. The 33" flies super on 35-50W, but if that's all you have then you can make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserman
i bow to the master who made the Plans...
That is, in fact, required to be a card carrying member of the Blu-Baby fan club. Twice a day you must face Oshawa and prostrate yourself to the Maker, the Bringer of All Good Things in blue foam. Then you must build and build and never stop building until you have Blu-Babies in great abundance. Then you must give them to the poor and the needy and those less RC fortunate. This pleases The Maker most of all.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Last edited by tuppertn; Feb 14, 2008 at 08:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:26 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
laserman's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,377 Posts
i also have

a axi 2212/34 710 kv motor and just found a nice ips geared in my parts box with a 3-4 amp esc
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:31 PM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,853 Posts
Twice a day???? I'm supposed to bow to Oshawa TWICE a day?

Oh, man, I'm in trouble don't let Tony know, my bb's will quit flying!

actually had two really good days flying on snow yesterday and today. Yesterday was ap day, took 91 pix over my place in morning, then in pm went to daughter's and took 41 more. The snow is about a foot, but it seems to hold the plane better now. Took the green and orange pink foam bluebaby out for photo plane. Winds about 10 mph yesterday, she's about 26+ oz, and handled them well. Today, I thought winds were dropping below their 15mph mid day so took her out again. I was wrong. winds actually picked up. was interesting to see her climb almost straight up after a 2' taxi. Got myself confused a couple of times returning from a 30 mph (?) downwind run and almost did a nose dive ( Sorry to hear about your nose, brandon aren't you glad it's foam?) but made correct stick movement at last moment. Was great fun, if a little white knuckles. I love this plane! Thanks again Tony!
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:42 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
tuppertn's Avatar
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserman
a axi 2212/34 710 kv motor and just found a nice ips geared in my parts box with a 3-4 amp esc
Either of those would be perfect.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
me presumptious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn
No. I can't say I've ever really had the urge to get the LCD screen part of it. My PC is handy enough for bench testing.

...................kendall
Aha, it WAS you who posted the graphs right? Well, I think I got presumptious on this............. ha, I thought it was "printing" graphs on paper..., so are you going to say that those nice charts were first downloaded to your computer, and THEN posted from THAT?

Just wanna be sure.

thx again,

LarryR : )
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 09:24 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Tony65x55's Avatar
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn
That is, in fact, required to be a card carrying member of the Blu-Baby fan club. Twice a day you must face Oshawa and prostrate yourself to the Maker, the Bringer of All Good Things in blue foam. Then you must build and build and never stop building until you have Blu-Babies in great abundance. Then you must give them to the poor and the needy and those less RC fortunate. This pleases The Maker most of all.

kendall
Oh gag, I'm feeling ill. Laserman, I'm glad you like the plane. Kendall gave you good advice on the motor.

Tony

(Kendall, no one knows where Oshawa is!)
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 09:25 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Tony65x55's Avatar
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Twice a day???? I'm supposed to bow to Oshawa TWICE a day?

Oh, man, I'm in trouble don't let Tony know, my bb's will quit flying!

actually had two really good days flying on snow yesterday and today. Yesterday was ap day, took 91 pix over my place in morning, then in pm went to daughter's and took 41 more. The snow is about a foot, but it seems to hold the plane better now. Took the green and orange pink foam bluebaby out for photo plane. Winds about 10 mph yesterday, she's about 26+ oz, and handled them well. Today, I thought winds were dropping below their 15mph mid day so took her out again. I was wrong. winds actually picked up. was interesting to see her climb almost straight up after a 2' taxi. Got myself confused a couple of times returning from a 30 mph (?) downwind run and almost did a nose dive ( Sorry to hear about your nose, brandon aren't you glad it's foam?) but made correct stick movement at last moment. Was great fun, if a little white knuckles. I love this plane! Thanks again Tony!
Pics, we need pics!

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 09:54 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
laserman's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,377 Posts
i do know where oshawa is as i am about 5 hrs east of there in ottawa and bowed about 5 times today to the west
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:03 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
tuppertn's Avatar
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Aha, it WAS you who posted the graphs right? Well, I think I got presumptious on this............. ha, I thought it was "printing" graphs on paper..., so are you going to say that those nice charts were first downloaded to your computer, and THEN posted from THAT?

Just wanna be sure.

thx again,

LarryR : )
Not necessarily downloaded. When using the the Eagle Tree system as a watt meter it connects to the PC via USB and actually displays its output in real time, what they call "live mode", on the computer screen. The graphs are generated by just a couple of mouse clicks and saved as a .jpg file. The entire bench session is saved in a propietary file format that can be played back at any time for review. Any data recorded during an actual flight session must be downloaded first then all the graphing and playback is likewise available to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
(Kendall, no one knows where Oshawa is!)
North of anywhere I want to be this time of year!

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Last edited by tuppertn; Feb 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:29 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
laserman's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,377 Posts
oh tony

if you are ever out and up in the ottawa area let me know so we can hookup for some flying as you are not that far away oh yeah do you ever catch the show rctv on outdoor life network sat mornings at 830 am and repeat at 11am
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Bench Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn
Not necessarily downloaded. When using the the Eagle Tree system as a watt meter it connects to the PC via USB and actually displays its output in real time, what they call "live mode", on the computer screen. The graphs are generated by just a couple of mouse clicks and saved as a .jpg file. The entire bench session is saved in a propietary file format that can be played back at any time for review. Any data recorded during an actual flight session must be downloaded first then all the graphing and playback is likewise available to play with................kendall
OK, we're getting there............

so if doing a bench test, you've gotta be NEAR your computer? else you can't see what's "happening"....

or, if "trusting", just run it on the bench REMOTE from your computer, THEN take it over to the computer to download, OR, THEN,

if one does not like ANY of these options, buy the "dashboard"? [as somebody called it]?


I like bench test documents, of course, but I REALLY like what you get when you're in the AIR gathering data, too.

Thanks,

LarryR : )
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
tuppertn's Avatar
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
OK, we're getting there............

so if doing a bench test, you've gotta be NEAR your computer? else you can't see what's "happening"....

or, if "trusting", just run it on the bench REMOTE from your computer, THEN take it over to the computer to download, OR, THEN,

if one does not like ANY of these options, buy the "dashboard"? [as somebody called it]?
Exactly.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Blu-Baby Primary Trainer Tony65x55 Electric Plane Talk 0 May 05, 2007 07:05 AM
Chosing Trainer...Kit?Plans?RTF? Seared Ice Fuel Plane Talk 49 Aug 16, 2004 12:50 PM
Which SPAD Trainer to build?? Plans? VBSuperMaxx SPAD - Simple Plastic Airplane Designs 12 May 05, 2004 10:19 PM
Sold FS: Fireball 550 Trainer "PLANS" Rudderman98 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Dec 05, 2002 08:38 PM