Old May 21, 2007, 08:06 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstShirt
Bob,

Yep, I was blown away by the story of Wilbanks' courage. I'm still thinking about it.

I'll get some pix of my Bird Dog up soon. Still have to finish a couple of graphics details. Thanks so much for the graphics info. That was a huge help.

Keep those planes in the air--and keep up your great sense of humor! We can't let Tony's thread get too serious!

Pat
Are you going with an Air Force type? Don't tell me, I'll wait for the pics.

I flew Baby BB for the first time after the harrowing maiden flights. Now she behaves more like her big brother, but seems to fly faster (probably partly an illusion due to her size). I needed to tighten up the control surfaces, linkages and reinforced the elevator. It seems the smaller you make them the more accurate you have to be.
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Last edited by Foamenator; May 21, 2007 at 09:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2007, 08:49 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Thats a good ol Georgia boy for ya.
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
Old May 21, 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Mayday, that was a truly wonderful thing for you, Logical Psycho, Bugsplatter and TOG to do. Your thoughtfullness is overwhelming and your friend seem to radiate happiness in the picture. THANK YOU for using my design in your act of kindness. I'm sure the Blu-Baby has never had a better flight.

Thanks again,

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old May 21, 2007, 10:25 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenator
It seems the smaller you make them the more accurate you have to be.
Absolutely true!

Tony
Old May 21, 2007, 10:32 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
I guess my next one will be a Big Baby.

Ken
Old May 21, 2007, 10:36 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
We were out flying the Kid's BB Park tonight with the 350 (D) in it and it it shares all the same characteristics, just bigger. Until it's destruction, my BB AP (52") was one of my very favorites to fly. Full aerobatic, just big and slow. I used to play games with myself landing it on a dime with full flaperons down. Mucho fun.

Tony
Old May 21, 2007, 10:52 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
What does the 350 D weigh ? And I do have a new 6 channel Corona for " Something ? " 52 inch huh ? I guess theres plans in here somewhere. 3 weeks and I'll be back building. Yall have fun and I'm going to try to send a picture of Suitcase Baby.

Ken
Old May 22, 2007, 12:19 AM
You deserve my opinion
Collierville, TN
Joined Apr 2005
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubee 1
Thats a good ol Georgia boy for ya.
Absolutely! Go Dawgs!

UGA Class of '74 (ooooh, that's been a long time!)
FirstShirt is offline Find More Posts by FirstShirt
Old May 22, 2007, 07:10 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
What does the 350 D weigh ? And I do have a new 6 channel Corona for " Something ? " 52 inch huh ? I guess theres plans in here somewhere. 3 weeks and I'll be back building. Yall have fun and I'm going to try to send a picture of Suitcase Baby.

Ken
Ken, it weighs 2.2 oz (63 grams). Enjoy your trip and send us pics!

Tony

BTW, I went down to my sister's place in Port Charlotte, Fla last year. Guess which aiplane I took?
Old May 22, 2007, 07:42 AM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Port Charlotte ? Thats not far from where my sister is. She has a ranch in Arcadia, The redneck capitol of the world. Shops in P.C.
I will have wide open spaces to fly. No plane eating trees. Beautifull morning here 54 and dead calm and me not driving.
You guys take care.

BTW How about a real slow flying low wing like a Piper Pawnee or an Ag Wagon ? There . Thats my sugestion for your next build. A low wing with strip ailerons and flaps. A 4 servo plane. I have a set of plans for an Ace Bingo. Something like that.

Ken Here for 3 1/2 more hours
Old May 22, 2007, 08:19 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Port Charlotte ? Thats not far from where my sister is. She has a ranch in Arcadia, The redneck capitol of the world. Shops in P.C.
I will have wide open spaces to fly. No plane eating trees. Beautifull morning here 54 and dead calm and me not driving.
You guys take care.

BTW How about a real slow flying low wing like a Piper Pawnee or an Ag Wagon ? There . Thats my sugestion for your next build. A low wing with strip ailerons and flaps. A 4 servo plane. I have a set of plans for an Ace Bingo. Something like that.

Ken Here for 3 1/2 more hours
Awww Man, I hate a challenge!

Tony
Old May 22, 2007, 09:05 AM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
FOR YOU ! ? ? I don't think so. I have all the faith in Tenn. that youall could build a low wing trike. (had to add that cause I think it could be done with the monoblock)
BTW Mounting the battery in the BB I smeared epoxy wider than the velcro strap thinking it would be stronger.

Ken
Old May 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,543 Posts
Another plane to build! Thought I'd do a quick build of a Blu-Baby - my wife wants to learn to fly rc. Sorry - had to rub that in! It bumped 2 other projects aside temporarily.

Anyway, I opted for the 42" Blu-Baby. Just finished gluing the wing with 4" of dihedral total ( 2" each side ). This should be about the same angle of Tony's prototype.

I was attracted to the Blu-Baby by the long cabin area. The mono-block is unique too. It sure feels strong.

Any suggestions on running the wiring - channel on top of the mono-block vs. drilling holes in it?
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old May 23, 2007, 08:27 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
That's how I did mine. I cut a channel in the foam, ran the wiring and then covered it with a piece of black duct tape. It even looks good and lets you get at the wiring anytime you want.

When's the "maiden's" maiden?

Tony
Old May 23, 2007, 10:22 AM
The Dude Abides
Brockport
Joined Sep 2005
315 Posts
Hey fellas,
I got a GWS EPS 100 B size motor with a 9047 and 9070 props to try with a 2s 750 mah lipo battery. Does that sound like it will do the job?
Beemus is offline Find More Posts by Beemus