HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2008, 12:42 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Here is the info you requested, but I HASTEN TO POINT OUT that the Adobe Reader 7.0 was/is NOT the problem, it was my "settings" WITHIN that program.

I've always admired Adobe Reader, and find that problems are most generally the USER; ME in this case.

Sounds like you represent Adobe?

OK, in a nutshell:

1 Adobe Reader 7.0 is the version I have
2 Printer is Lexmark X2580

Good Luck to you all.

PS, when I used the word "nuisance", I was referring to the phrase "shrink to fit". I'm aware THIS is what trips up a lot of users, so I WAS CAUTIOUS to NOT make that same mistake, but alas, MY Adobe did not use that phrase, so I "overlooked" the "other" phrases that it DID have.

Thanks again,

LarryR : )
That is ususally the case with most everything that is operated by us humans, the end user is the one causing things to not operate properly.

Li-Po fires are a glaring example of this problem. The charger or the pack is not the cause, but an improperly set up charger (by the end user) in a vast majority of the conflagrations.
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2008, 01:46 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
qban makes a great point here. How many laptop, cell phone, digital camera batteries do you hear of burning up for "no reason"?

The only difference I see, is that we have more opportunities to do something wrong with the batteries we use for our planes.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Jan 03, 2008, 05:41 AM
White Mountains in NH
In the White Mountains of NH
Joined Dec 2006
296 Posts
Bbap

On the BBAP, are the "bamboo skewer chanels" for wires or for structural purposes? Does it matter if they are centered or along the fuse side?

I got half of the 60" Kfm3 wing glued last night. The 1"FFF tabs and scrap wood for weight did the trick. Hopefully the second half will go as well tonight.

Thanks,
David
dlabrie is offline Find More Posts by dlabrie
Old Jan 03, 2008, 08:40 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Good stuff David, I thought that would help. The bamboo skewer channels are on each side and are for the placement of bamboo skewers. These stiffen the monobloc and prevent stress cracks on those less than prefect landings with a heavy payload. hey add squat in terms of weight and really toughen up the structure. The 2" pink foam the BBAP1 monobloc was designed around is very stiff and has a high compression strength but tends to be brittle. The skewers effectively minimize any cracking.

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Jan 03, 2008, 09:30 AM
White Mountains in NH
Joined Dec 2006
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Good stuff David, I thought that would help. The bamboo skewer channels are on each side and are for the placement of bamboo skewers. These stiffen the monobloc and prevent stress cracks on those less than prefect landings with a heavy payload. hey add squat in terms of weight and really toughen up the structure. The 2" pink foam the BBAP1 monobloc was designed around is very stiff and has a high compression strength but tends to be brittle. The skewers effectively minimize any cracking.

Tony
Woops! I am glad I asked! I had burned holes there for wires
I think I can still put in the skewers. If not, I've pleanty more foam
So do I just force the skewers through the monoblock, or should I have made chanels on the outside before I glued the fusalage on?

Thanks,
David
Old Jan 03, 2008, 09:58 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Well, you should have done it before you glued on the sides. As you are built already, take a skewer and make a hole in the center of the monobloc fore and aft. from the bottom of the camera bay to the motor mount as best you can, cover the skewer with PU and shove it in. It isn't there for structural strength as much as it is to prevent the monobloc from cracking.

Put the landng gear in first.

Tony

Tony
Old Jan 03, 2008, 10:04 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlabrie
This covered bridge is off of the beaten track. It is located at Bump's Intervale off of Perch Pond Rd. in Campton, NH. The nearest gas station is a Mobile at exit 28. there is another Covered bridge at exit 27 as well.
Happy New year!
David

Ok, I know I have been to the one right at the highway. I do not think I have been to the Bump's Interval one. I looked it up, and don't recognize it.

I have been down Perch Pond before though. So it's possible.
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:00 AM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Helpfull hint # 0.01.
If you coat yer skewer with Gorilla Glue & wet hole before inserting it foams up and holds till the cows come home. I drill with long bit and GG . Leave hole loose and Gorilla
glue will fill it up nicely.

No flying today ++ 5 below

Ken
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:03 AM
White Mountains in NH
Joined Dec 2006
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Well, you should have done it before you glued on the sides. As you are built already, take a skewer and make a hole in the center of the monobloc fore and aft. from the bottom of the camera bay to the motor mount as best you can, cover the skewer with PU and shove it in. It isn't there for structural strength as much as it is to prevent the monobloc from cracking.

Put the landng gear in first.

Tony

Tony
I will do that tonight.
Thanks,
David
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:07 AM
White Mountains in NH
Joined Dec 2006
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubee 1
Helpfull hint # 0.01.
If you coat yer skewer with Gorilla Glue & wet hole before inserting it foams up and holds till the cows come home. I drill with long bit and GG . Leave hole loose and Gorilla
glue will fill it up nicely.

No flying today ++ 5 below

Ken
I will try that. Thanks.
It was -6F (-21C) here This morning and the wind is blowing.
David
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:14 AM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Nice day for building. Huh ?
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:40 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
it's cold here in FL too...

32*

It even got down to 21* last night.

But they're predicting 72* by Sunday, and holding that on through the 5 day forecast.
Old Jan 03, 2008, 12:33 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Rub it in. 32 is shirtsleeve weather.

I got a question ? ? I have had an order from Hobby Lobby for 1/4" sq. spruce for the longest time and about to give up. I found at another hobby shop some 1/4" X 3/8"
and wonder if it would be to tall the good way on my KF3 wings or should I lay it down ? The only 1/4 X 1/4" I have found is Basswood and I don't know if its any good to use. There is some 1/4 X 1/8" that I could put 2 together and be super strong. So which way should I go ? Is 3/8 to high " and 2 1/8" glued together would be killer.

Lost in NY

Ken
Old Jan 03, 2008, 12:42 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,609 Posts
It's a beautiful day to fly!

Well, ok, it was around 18F, but was clear and sunny! Flew a pack in the 48"BB, then decided to try some ap with her. zip tied the 1.3mpxl walmart special to the side of fuse and shot 49pix, only 3 good ones. Motor vibration puts zones of distortion in pix - have to glide motor off to get good shots.

Question to the bbap fliers. Do you guys isolate the camera from the plane's vibration? If so, How?

Mike
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2008, 12:47 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubee 1
Rub it in. 32 is shirtsleeve weather.

I got a question ? ? I have had an order from Hobby Lobby for 1/4" sq. spruce for the longest time and about to give up. I found at another hobby shop some 1/4" X 3/8"
and wonder if it would be to tall the good way on my KF3 wings or should I lay it down ? The only 1/4 X 1/4" I have found is Basswood and I don't know if its any good to use. There is some 1/4 X 1/8" that I could put 2 together and be super strong. So which way should I go ? Is 3/8 to high " and 2 1/8" glued together would be killer.

Lost in NY

Ken
Ken, laminate the 1/8" x 1/4". Best bet.

Tony