SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:17 AM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
Bob
The ready for center section explained to me what had me wondering. I have 2 KF3 wings cut out . Blue Baby and Pawnee So had questions. I must have been looking wrong also. Now the flat spot on the 1/8" joiner makes sence ? for the Pawnee. I do drill out the holes for the wing rods and Gorilla Glue them in. I guess I haven't crashed hard enough YET.

Ken
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2007, 06:47 AM
White Mountains in NH
In the White Mountains of NH
Joined Dec 2006
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
David,

I am not an expert on Brushless motors, but my understanding to this point is that the number of poles in the motor dictates what the timing should be set at. You may have some documentation with your ESC. I would definitely increase and get the power. At the very least test the different settings. One of them should provide the smoothest power.

Ken
I reset the timing from 0 to 7 and now she flies great!

Thanks for the help,
david
dlabrie is offline Find More Posts by dlabrie
Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:24 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,694 Posts
Yee Hah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlabrie
I reset the timing from 0 to 7 and now she flies great!

Thanks for the help,
david
That is great news. Now go eat up some sky!

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Dec 30, 2007, 01:07 PM
blundering through
welshpool
Joined Feb 2007
103 Posts
argh!!! got cutting out templates this morning, glued up the monoblock, cut out sides, made wings (after first making two port wing panels!) glued fues together, and when dry took down to see about intallsing some gear, and the pu had not stuck!!! just peeled off in sheets!!! So I have now sanded the surface of the foam as there was no film layer to remove, and it is currently setting up! we shall see, just neeed some lipos now..... anyone got a contact for sensibly priced lipos in the UK? seems daft getting them from the states or hong kong.

Cheers Brandon
Brandon Crash is offline Find More Posts by Brandon Crash
Old Dec 30, 2007, 01:38 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
For batteries in the UK not in any particular order, I have used all of them.

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/index....a902ba40125b12

http://www.brchobbies.com/?page=shop&category=2

http://www.rcmdirect.co.uk/store/ind...x&cPath=101_78

http://www.overlander.co.uk/categori...ault.asp?cid=2

Depends what you want, number of cells, capacity.
Not forgetting if you need lightweight cells or can get away with the heavier cheaper options.

And this one i just found, http://www.giantcod.co.uk/lipo-batte...302672eed1db07

not much stock at moment but awaiting delivery held in customs. Good prices and service from what i have read.

Del
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Dec 30, 2007, 02:10 PM
blundering through
welshpool
Joined Feb 2007
103 Posts
thanks for that del, giant cod are competeing with what I can get them for abroard, and the same packs, the others seem way off still. Thanks for the links.

Well I have checked on my fuse glueing up, and all is very well indeed, and is as strong as I thought it would be last time. :P

So I will repeat as I did earlier, and then tomorrow i'll be where I was hoping to be today....

My wing looks fine though, as do the tail feathers, but I managed to singe myself on the hot glue... a new one on me.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 06:35 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Brandon, Glad you got your glue issue sorted out. We're looking forward to seeing your build and maiden flight!

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:14 AM
White Mountains in NH
Joined Dec 2006
296 Posts
Time for the BBAP

Now that I have my 33 and 42"BB going I want to try the APBB. I have always had trouble printing out the plans for planes. Here is my current problem.

I set the printer scale on ‘none’ and print. I just cut the wing parts from the Blu_Baby_AP1_60_inch_KFm3 file. I then printed the plans for from the Blu_Baby_AP_Parts_52_inch file. If I line up the print in Tony’s name that bisects 2 pages of the fuse, the tile marks don’t line up. Then if I try to superimpose the monoblock pattern over the fuse, the fuse and mono block don’t match.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, I read that there was an issue with the wing incidence. Do I need to accommodate for that?

Thanks,
David
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:18 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Now that I have my 33 and 42"BB going I want to try the APBB. I have always had trouble printing out the plans for planes. Here is my current problem.

I set the printer scale on ‘none’ and print. I just cut the wing parts from the Blu_Baby_AP1_60_inch_KFm3 file. I then printed the plans for from the Blu_Baby_AP_Parts_52_inch file. If I line up the print in Tony’s name that bisects 2 pages of the fuse, the tile marks don’t line up. Then if I try to superimpose the monoblock pattern over the fuse, the fuse and mono block don’t match.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, I read that there was an issue with the wing incidence. Do I need to accommodate for that?

Thanks,
David
David you probably have the "fit to page" checkbox clicked on your Adobe Acrobat program. Check that first.

There is an incidence issue on the BBAP1/KFm3 combo. Here is a PDF template for the fuse and monobloc for the KFm3 Wing.

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:45 AM
miamisburg oh
Joined Jun 2007
10 Posts
Today I tried out the 42" on a brisk 20degree day low wind I did pretty good for someone who hasn't been able to stay in the sky for more than a few minutes. The only problem I had was the nose wants to go up and stall into the wind. Should I add weight to the front end? or should I just use my elev to control it and not worry about it. I'm thinking it was just the wind causing it. With no leaves on the trees it hard to judge the speed of the wind. Anyhow I stayed up for the whole charge this time just took my time and did some gliding to extend my battery and no crashes unlike the last 3 birds I killed. No video yet got to get the kids or wife to brave the cold.
macriz is offline Find More Posts by macriz
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:58 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Now that I have my 33 and 42"BB going I want to try the APBB.
Thanks,
David
I used to love hiking in the Whites. I will be looking forward to any AP you do from that area.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:51 AM
blundering through
welshpool
Joined Feb 2007
103 Posts
what size wheels are you guys using on your 33" BB's?I cookie cuttered some 1 3/4" foam wheels and glued hem up yesterday, but I fear they may need some hard wearing centre to take the axle, maybe i'll make another pair with 1/32 ply middles...? any thoughts welcome. I went to what is the nearest thing we have to a LHS today, and he only had heavy wheels in, mind, he does mostly sell fishing gear, and is into heavy gas planes!

will try to get some build shots up for you, once I find the camera
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:03 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
You can use telephone prepaid cards or old credit cards. I used to make my own with the foam slipper soles and these plastic cards for centres before I discovered UH. Now I don't bother anymore. UH has them so cheap and nice, that I just ordered a mixed bath of about a dozen pairs of various sizes from 45mm on up. If you plan on flying from grass, don't go below 1-3/4" diam.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:04 PM
White Mountains in NH
Joined Dec 2006
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
David you probably have the "fit to page" checkbox clicked on your Adobe Acrobat program. Check that first.

There is an incidence issue on the BBAP1/KFm3 combo. Here is a PDF template for the fuse and monobloc for the KFm3 Wing.

Tony
Thanks Tony. I just printed the attachment. I put Adobe to 'Actual size'and my print scale setting to 'None'. Each page printed with the rectangular box around the edge, but the circle/cross didn't print. Do I just line up the rectangles on top of each other?
Thanks.
David
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:27 PM
miamisburg oh
Joined Jun 2007
10 Posts
I have been using the cap from the milk and juice cartons they are domed and have a nice even edge to glue to the foam
macriz is offline Find More Posts by macriz