Ray
roadsplat is offline Find More Posts by roadsplat
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2007, 07:55 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsplat
Any chance of getting a single page KFm3 wing plan. I couldn't find it posted anywhere.

Thanks

RC
The tiled plan is on page 1. The attached untiled plan was prepared with iText and ScaleAndTile3.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
segraves is offline Find More Posts by segraves
Old Dec 21, 2007, 08:28 PM
Out the Window
United States, FL, Alachua
Joined Jul 2004
1,276 Posts
Thanks Qban for the link to the tip plate. Also thanks for the compliment.

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by qban_flyer
That's a mighty fine looking 42" KFm3 BB HF!

Link to tip plate below.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1508165
High Flyin' is offline Find More Posts by High Flyin'
Old Dec 21, 2007, 09:39 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segraves
The tiled plan is on page 1. The attached untiled plan was prepared with iText and ScaleAndTile3.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
Thanks Bill, that was kind of you.

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:05 PM
Central Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
191 Posts
Thanks for the untiled KFM3 wing plans. Greatly appreciate it.

Have a great holiday.

Ray
roadsplat is offline Find More Posts by roadsplat
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Thanks Bill, that was kind of you.

Tony
You're very welcome, Tony. I know that untiling a tiled PDF is not that easy to do. With iText, OTOH, it's not as hard as unscrambling an egg. ;-)

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
segraves is offline Find More Posts by segraves
Old Dec 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined May 2002
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
I have used them a few times, and di not find them to be particularly strong. What props wer you using and how many cells? Could you be over-propping them? Do you have a wattmeter? If so, you can check how many amps you are drawing thru them. I think they can take about 100Watts max.

chewy
Nope, don't have a wattmeter (although I just made a shunt for my multimeter from the instructions in another thread here, and it seems to work fine). I can't use that now with these motors to check on them, because they're both dead!

I used Webocalc to check on the amps I would be drawing before I flew them...with the 1500KV version, I was using an 8x4 prop on a 2S 1700mah pack. Should have been around 10amps. Each one flew the plane fine, but the first one died after 3 flights, and the second died after two.

But as many people have said, the quality of these motors is inconsistent, and I'm willing to consider that I just got two very bad ones.

rict
rict is offline Find More Posts by rict
Old Dec 22, 2007, 02:55 PM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,115 Posts
Well, I did a dumb thing, I think: The leading edges of my tail feathers were getting a bit ruffled so I decided to trim them down a little - thinking that I'd reduce drag and fly alittle faster too... I made the stabs and control surfaces all about an inch shorter, plus trimmed a little of the depth off give me clean new edges. Now it feels like I just don't make very nice turns anymore. Either I need to beef up the motor for more speed, or make new tail feathers to give me back the low-speed control.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Dec 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead_71
Well, I did a dumb thing, I think: The leading edges of my tail feathers were getting a bit ruffled so I decided to trim them down a little - thinking that I'd reduce drag and fly alittle faster too... I made the stabs and control surfaces all about an inch shorter, plus trimmed a little of the depth off give me clean new edges. Now it feels like I just don't make very nice turns anymore. Either I need to beef up the motor for more speed, or make new tail feathers to give me back the low-speed control.
IMHO... you need to go back to the original size tailfeathers. Thinning them down wouldn't have any impact, but cutting down the surface area is a bigee. More power wouldn't help you much either since BB's don't need it. Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:30 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature.

Seriously Warhead, the BB has pretty big tailfeathers for extreme stability (it IS a trainer, right?). Cutting down an inch on the stabs shouldn't make a huge difference, but it will make a difference. Your problem is probably in the fin/rudder. It has to counter considerable side area forward of the CG and a small difference could have a larger effect on it's turning quality. Pretty simple to fix though.

Tony
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:46 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,384 Posts
Blu-Baby Bash Bonanza or BBBB?

Just wanted to float an idea that I PM'd Tony about. Here is a JPEG output from TurboCad of a 3D model of a Blu-Baby inspired Bonanza. Is it worth the effort?

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:49 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Just wanted to float an idea that I PM'd Tony about. Here is a JPEG output from TurboCad of a 3D model of a Blu-Baby inspired Bonanza. Is it worth the effort?

Ken
Very pretty.
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:11 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:

Ken
Ken... Go for it. Tony will help you if you need. There are a world of various types lurking in those BB plans... Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:17 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstShirt
Yep, I really like the Blu-Baby!
Does that stubby little cub sitting on top of the TV fly?

If so.. Does it do it well?

If so.. Is it a plan or a kit?

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:24 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:

Ken
Ken, I like it! Very cute. Go for it. If you need a hand, just ask.

Tony