SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 17, 2007, 08:04 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Bob, thank you so much for sharing your techniques for your graphics. It's great information. You guys are the best.

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2007, 08:05 AM
Highland Village, TX
Joined Feb 2005
139 Posts
Thanks for the prop tip, Tony. Will try her again today - less wind is forecast.

Mike
Will M is offline Find More Posts by Will M
Old May 17, 2007, 08:27 AM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Good luck Mike. I think you'll find a big difference with that prop. I know GWS recommends the 1047 and it does have lots of torque but the pitch speed is lousy. The 9070 will give almost as much bite for climb outs but a greatly increased pitch speed. On a plane like the BB, which really, really "flies on it's wing", the small increase in speed gives a big increase in performance.

Tony
Old May 17, 2007, 10:12 AM
KZ RIDER
Confederate States of America
Joined Nov 2001
1,037 Posts
I'm not home to take a picture right now, so for all you fellows wanting to see what it looks like so you can go by the hardware store on your way home from work this afternoon I drew up a diagram of it in Paint.
Its simple enough. And I honestly thought I got the idea from somebody at RCG but I did a search and couldn't find a thing about it.
Oh well, I can't take the credit for it.
But it does work really easy.
Most of the time you only need to roll it just part of the way from the leadedge.
And if you get too much curve just lay it down on something flat and push some of it back out.
Hope this helps.
Ray
P.S. got a flight in with my BB this am, little touchy on the controls.
Gotta reduce them some, plus make sure the lipo is fully charged next time
raythomas is offline Find More Posts by raythomas
Last edited by raythomas; May 17, 2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old May 17, 2007, 11:23 AM
Joined May 2006
54 Posts
The wing rolling jig is very similar to Carl Vogt's jig on his Foto Time picture album.Carl has designed a neat little foamy trainer and has done a build guide also.you might do a google search for Carl . Neat stuff. Wind Blown-----
Wind Blown is offline Find More Posts by Wind Blown
Old May 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythomas
I'm not home to take a picture right now, so for all you fellows wanting to see what it looks like so you can go by the hardware store on your way home from work this afternoon I drew up a diagram of it in Paint.
Its simple enough. And I honestly thought I got the idea from somebody at RCG but I did a search and couldn't find a thing about it.
Oh well, I can't take the credit for it.
But it does work really easy.
Most of the time you only need to roll it just part of the way from the leadedge.
And if you get too much curve just lay it down on something flat and push some of it back out.
Hope this helps.
Ray
P.S. got a flight in with my BB this am, little touchy on the controls.
Gotta reduce them some, plus make sure the lipo is fully charged next time
Ray thanks for the info. I look forward to the pics. I need to master this rolling technique... Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Old May 17, 2007, 11:38 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Bob, thank you so much for sharing your techniques for your graphics. It's great information. You guys are the best.

Tony
No problem Tony. The forum has been a great source of enjoyment for me, so I'm glad to be able to contribute a little something. If I were the grantor of screenames I'd knight you "Lord Monobloc" . Bob
Old May 17, 2007, 11:40 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Wish that paint pic was a little larger, it is stuck at an avatar size and difficult to make out.

Del
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old May 17, 2007, 11:47 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
That's a nice write-up on creating your own letterings. Thanks!

The Amarillo Font (http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=amarillo_usaf) is a good one for US planes.

Here's one for German planes ( for anyone making a Storch?)

I learned about these from the very large thread containing decals in the scale forum.

I don't have the link handy, but searching for 'TOG' or ThatOvalGuy's Bird Dog will yield detailed prints for a Bird Dog like Foamenator's that can used for decals too. This color scheme makes a beautiful plane - that was my first foamie.

Kadhlhaus... Thanks for the info. Bob
Old May 17, 2007, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
I think I have broken the record for heavy weight Blu-Baby.

Porky is no longer. Suitcase # 1 gained lots of weight when painted. 13.2 oz. But thats with a 68 gram battery. I hope an 8 X 3.8 or an 8 X 4 will pull it with the Blu-Wonder. I have two 9 X 4.7
SF APC I might carry with me. Next one will be light. Unless this one flys in the wing good. And if underpowered i'll put an EMax CF 2822 830 kv 39 gram motor on it. 13.2 oz. WOW ! I didn't think paint would add that much. But I slopped it on.

Ken
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
Old May 17, 2007, 04:34 PM
KZ RIDER
Confederate States of America
Joined Nov 2001
1,037 Posts
I'll take some digital pics of the bender when I get home tonight.
I had no idea the drawing in paint would be so small.
sorry
Ray
raythomas is offline Find More Posts by raythomas
Old May 17, 2007, 04:41 PM
You deserve my opinion
Collierville, TN
Joined Apr 2005
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythomas
I'll take some digital pics of the bender when I get home tonight.
I had no idea the drawing in paint would be so small.
sorry
Ray
Whew!!! Now I feel better. Thot maybe I was going blind!

Thanks, Ray!
FirstShirt is offline Find More Posts by FirstShirt
Old May 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
I built one of GPW's Bendfoam and love it. It sure helps to be able to bend a 4' wing in one shot. Using a heat gun when you bend makes a stiffer wing.

Ken
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
Old May 17, 2007, 05:55 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenator
No problem Tony. The forum has been a great source of enjoyment for me, so I'm glad to be able to contribute a little something. If I were the grantor of screenames I'd knight you "Lord Monobloc" . Bob
Wife calls me that all the time. Unfortunately, she's talking about my head.

Tony
Old May 17, 2007, 06:01 PM
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubee 1
I think I have broken the record for heavy weight Blu-Baby.

Porky is no longer. Suitcase # 1 gained lots of weight when painted. 13.2 oz. But thats with a 68 gram battery. I hope an 8 X 3.8 or an 8 X 4 will pull it with the Blu-Wonder. I have two 9 X 4.7
SF APC I might carry with me. Next one will be light. Unless this one flys in the wing good. And if underpowered i'll put an EMax CF 2822 830 kv 39 gram motor on it. 13.2 oz. WOW ! I didn't think paint would add that much. But I slopped it on.

Ken
Don't sweat the weight. Your Porta-Baby will lift it easily with a Blue Wonder pulling it. Man, that little motor can produce 14 1/2 oz thrust with a 9047, it should go straight up. Airplane Ed's BB is tubby too and he flies his on a J250 (C) drive with a 9070. It easily loops from level flight. Yours will too and it handle a bit more wing too. Have faith!

Tony