HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:16 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgmc View Post
Nice jig Ken! I just stumbled upon this baking process; very intriguing. I have a question though. How do you decide where to place wing panels with different chord lengths? I could not see that the airfoil shape was "adjustable".

Thanks - Brian
Brian
For smaller cord wings I set them further forward in the jig to bake to bake them.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:26 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,377 Posts
Check your Pennysaver magazines or Craigslist ads. A lot of times you can find folks who'd rather replace an appliance than fix it, and you might see an oven with a broken heating element that you can get for dirt cheap (or even free) and fix yourself.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
The earth sucks! Thankfully.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2003
422 Posts
Hi folks:

I am trying to find the BB 42 in. FULL 1 PAGE non-KFm plans. That is, I wish to build the wing version with the 'under-cambered' wing.

I have found the tiled version, which are referred to in several places as the full, one page plans. I am aware of jackerbes post which lists all of the pertinent posts.

Because they man no longer be in this thread I also ask for someone who has a copy of the BB 42 in. FULL plans to email them to me.

Please help me out.

Thanks,
- Jim
JimHSoars is offline Find More Posts by JimHSoars
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:53 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,128 Posts
Jim why not sneak over to the Oshkosh special and build the 40 " version

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=oshkosh
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:11 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHSoars View Post
Hi folks:

I am trying to find the BB 42 in. FULL 1 PAGE non-KFm plans. That is, I wish to build the wing version with the 'under-cambered' wing.

I have found the tiled version, which are referred to in several places as the full, one page plans. I am aware of jackerbes post which lists all of the pertinent posts.

Because they man no longer be in this thread I also ask for someone who has a copy of the BB 42 in. FULL plans to email them to me.

Please help me out.

Thanks,
- Jim
As far as I know there never was any such thing as a full one page BB 42 UC wing plan. If there was, I am unaware of it. If you find itlet me know where it is and I'll add it to that list of plans.

So if you cannot get what you need from that tiled BB 42 plan that tuppertn posted there I can't help you.

The outline of the UC wing was the same as is the KFm3 wing. If you are just trying to cut a piece of foam to the size and shape of the UC wing the plan view of the KFm3 wing will give you that.

As you probably read, the 42" UC wing was considered too weak. Springer's post on turning it into a KFC wing has worked for some for making a stronger 42" UC wing:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8031

Good luck with it, if you can find the plan send me a link to it.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:09 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,402 Posts
Jim

Here is an enlargement I made from the 33" drawings, for use with a 2" monoblock. It should print to A0 size.

If posting the enlarged drawing is a no-no, I apologise in advance. Tony or somebody else please just say so and I'll remove it.

Odd
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:47 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of odd View Post
Jim

Here is an enlargement I made from the 33" drawings, for use with a 2" monoblock. It should print to A0 size.

If posting the enlarged drawing is a no-no, I apologise in advance. Tony or somebody else please just say so and I'll remove it.

Odd

I personally know tony and he would not mind if it helps everyone. The poor guy has been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest with the Canadian gov't doing some lobbying
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:03 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of odd View Post
Jim

Odd
Thanks for posting that, it has been added to the list of BB plans in post #2 here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997484

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:31 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,406 Posts
Quote:
Nice jig Ken! I just stumbled upon this baking process; very intriguing. I have a question though. How do you decide where to place wing panels with different chord lengths? I could not see that the airfoil shape was "adjustable".

Thanks - Brian
Brian,
I also added reference lines inside the jig for repeatable placement.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:03 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,288 Posts
Heading out with my niece in a bit to try and maiden her Blu-Baby with newly reinforced and hopefully totally non-foldable wings. Wish us luck.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:40 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,544 Posts
Quote:

Thanks - Brian
Brian,
The jig is ridged so it's shape is not adjustable. But with wings that have a chord less than that of the jig you can adjust the curvature by moving the wing forward (more curve) or rearward where the curvearture is less. You can also bake in some washout by placing the wing tip more rearward in the jig. That gives you more chamber in the center of the wing and less at the tip. It's a marvelous jig, and you will quickly learn to place the foam in just the right place to get the desired results. 'cause if you don't you will have some undesireable charactistics in your wings! One thing we have all learned the hard way is you need to take care to make one right and one left wing section. When you don't you feel pretty silly.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
When you don't you feel pretty silly.
I disagree . you've just started another plane
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,288 Posts
Well, it flies! Everything went fine until somebody dumb-thumbed it into a car. No damage, though.

Re-maiden: Katie's 33" Blu-Baby Trainer (5 min 24 sec)
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:46 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
Well, it flies! Everything went fine until somebody dumb-thumbed it into a car. No damage, though.
Nice video! I like the close in flying back and forth, it really shows the plane off nicely. Congratulations on the successful remaiden.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:55 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
I like the close in flying back and forth
Of course, that's where it all went terribly, terribly wrong.