HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2002, 09:13 PM
Hebron, KY
Joined Oct 2001
357 Posts
Bad.. Bad... Bad... Hair Day

I lost a bird today... I was using my old trusty Wingo (250 plus flights) to try out a new, I mean brand new mini-digital camera. I rigged up an HS 50 to the rudder to operate the shutter, and the camera mounted perfectly on top of the wing towards the leading edge. The wind was blowing around 10 knots from the northeast.

First flight I fought for control and trim as the old bird headed skyward. I managed to get a few shots and tried to land but hit a tree on the approach. I chopped the juice and she sank!

Forty five minutes later I had my Wingo repaired, battery fast charged and ready to go again. This time I had an excellent flight and took plenty of pics.

Four minutes into the flight some went wrong, I lost power and with the prop stopped and the camera on front she fell into a tree and then the earth, oh well at least I got some great pics... WRONG, the batteries came out of the camera and lost it's memory.

The remains of the Wingo will go out in the garbage tomorrow...

Oh well at least it's not raining!

Nrthwing
nrthwing is offline Find More Posts by nrthwing
to remove ads between posts