SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 04, 2007, 08:52 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliNY
Listen, I know you are a good guy geneween, so I'll bow out.
Thanks... Like I said if he did things like Heli-Direct, MicroHeli and Helihobby I would 100% understand...But IMO he has done nothing even close to that. He may not hold his tounge when he should, but in the end he produces quality product and that's what counts.

GW
geneween is offline Find More Posts by geneween
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2007, 08:53 PM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
388 Posts
Scott, I say keep the pictures coming. I love them. HeliNY just does not get it. Scott is here to help us as much as show us a product that he is PROUD of. It's like showing off your new baby or dog. Yes, he is going to sell this but it is his baby. He has customized it to our, the consumers', liking and he wants to show it off. I am all for it. If it flys as great as the others are saying, we have a real winner here. A great bird, a supportive manufacturer who listens etc. I still have my Dragonus and emailed RCer awhile back about an issue. You think I got a response? Nuff said!
ucsdgemini is offline Find More Posts by ucsdgemini
Old May 04, 2007, 09:04 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
I encourage everyone that can make it to Brea, Ca this Sunday to make the trip. If we don't crash the Helis doing some wringouts, your going to see some awsome flying, and not by just the Diablo and SS, we'll have a bunch of diff. Helis out there...I know I'm bringing my TrexSE, Trex600 and swift to play with.

The more people the more fun...

GW
Old May 04, 2007, 09:06 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
So Geneween, you got that 23 tooth pinion ready to rip the head off at 6000 rpm?
CatchmyCorsair is offline Find More Posts by CatchmyCorsair
Old May 04, 2007, 09:20 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
it's got an 11t that'll get it up to 3300, the last flight on it, before Drift has to leave will be with a 12t... That should put it in the 3600rpm range...

I have to say though it does not need 3300 or 3600 for that matter to do 3D I just like to see how far I can push it...

I think it would be perfectly fine with a 10t on 4S and about 3K on the head for all out 3D..

Since I can't fit an 1107H 1.5Y to get a nice small pinion on 3S I had to use a standard 1107 2Y which has a KV of 3400. To get it up to speed (3100) I had to load in a 14t pinion on 3S... The heli worked fine but IMO using a large pinion like that really slowed down the response time (bogged just a hair) If I find the need to go back to 3S I'll find a motor in the 3900KV range so I can use a 11 or 12t pinion.

Just like in a car it's better to run a small pinion so the motor does not have to work so hard to get back up to speed (less bogging)

But after all is said and done I think I'll stick with the 4S Setup and maybe run a 10t for everyday flying that will give me 3K flat on the head.

GW
Old May 04, 2007, 09:21 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsdgemini
Scott, I say keep the pictures coming. I love them. HeliNY just does not get it. Scott is here to help us as much as show us a product that he is PROUD of. It's like showing off your new baby or dog. Yes, he is going to sell this but it is his baby. He has customized it to our, the consumers', liking and he wants to show it off. I am all for it. If it flys as great as the others are saying, we have a real winner here. A great bird, a supportive manufacturer who listens etc. I still have my Dragonus and emailed RCer awhile back about an issue. You think I got a response? Nuff said!
Thanks for the support.

Here is a closer look at the G-HEAD and also the standard underslung head, which will be on a display Diablo this weekend at the event to compare the differences.

===================
Edit:
Sorry, tired of getting reported for every picture I post. Please go to our forums at rc-tek.com if you wish to see the pictures. Thanks.
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Last edited by Scott_RC-TEK; May 05, 2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old May 04, 2007, 09:42 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,918 Posts
I think it's a very respectful move on HeliNY's part to bow out of the thread to honor Gene's wishes. Thanks for that.

For those of you who may not know.. The evolution of this helicopter has been heavily influenced by this forum and the people who make it up. I guess you could call it the "People's Copter" ;D

Over the course of I'd say about four months now, this helicopter has been slowly picked at and modified. It's almost nothing like the original version! I'd say the guy who's contributed the most to this heli has to be Gene, with his "G-Head" solution which increased the collective range from +/- 12 to +/- 14, and a couple other convenience mods.
I could list all of the modifications done to this helicopter, but lets say that if it were not for you guys here on the forum and several really cool hobbyists, it really wouldn't be as great as it is now. As it stands, it's an extremely tight helicopter with a wicked amount of ability. Driftinsequence will demonstrate that at the SOCAHC funfly this weekend.. Personally I'm really excited to see the videos ;]
Like I said, I've only flown the completely beta unmodified version and I'm pleased with that . I can only imagine that it's better with all of those sweet sweet 'grades Scott's gone to the trouble of spicing it up with.

-Kyle
arclite5 is offline Find More Posts by arclite5
Old May 04, 2007, 10:30 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
kyle, its awesome heli, we gotta bring you out to cali!
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Old May 04, 2007, 10:31 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
oh and heliny, my respect goes to you for doing what you did.
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Old May 04, 2007, 10:57 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinsequence
kyle, its awesome heli, we gotta bring you out to cali!
I second that...

Beginning the first of June I'll be taking a little break from the hobby and be poking in from time to time, but I'll have to put any funflys and testing off until I return in the middle of July...

I'll be getting married in Fiji and spending almost three weeks there....14 hours on a planes with two kids and the Grandparents...sounds fun...

BUt when I get back I'll be ready to start fresh and tackle my next project...The Ultimate "500" Heli...That is if I don't decide to retire and move the entire family to Fiji

It's crunch time around the house gathering the last minute things and making sure were not forggeting the sun block...

Maybe we'll take a side trip and go Visit OzAce in the land down under...Tiffany spent a few years there as a Child and I know she wants to go back...

In any event that leaves me this last Funfly and maybe the one in June to play with helis...In all it was fun testing the limits of the Diablo and helping get it to where it is today.

I've had to have broken every single part of this heli Scott almost demanded I get a new frame since I had cracked it in 12 diff places over 25 crashes and he didn't want my crash test Heli with CF splints CA'ed to the frame, the darn thing still flew finemaybe even better ...To say the least I pushed and pushed and found every single weak point of this Heli and IMO there all gone...Except for one...I can't shoehorn in a 50mm dia motor ...I'm totally just kidding...40mm would be fine J/K again....

When this Heli is released and you guys get it in your hands I want to hear your opinions, maybe you'll find something Kyle, Jason, Shell, Ken, Tim, Richard and myself missed. In any event I can't wait until it's out in the world.

GW
Old May 04, 2007, 11:33 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Congrats Gene and thanks again for all your input and help. I was just going over the notes and there were 37 "non-company" people in four countries (The USA, UK, Germany, and Hong Kong) over the past 10+ months working hard on this RCT-450 project; not counting the all the worker bees at the two factories in Taiwan running back and forth with our constant changes (and often not too happy with us). With most of the "hard" work and changes happening these past 3 months, it is nice to finally see things coming to a head. I hope people enjoy the final product and it finds a stable place in the crowded 450 market. Needless to say, we learned a lot and will do our best to apply these concepts to the RCT-500.

OK, now FYI time:
The primary home for the RCT-450 Diablo/Sky-Shark (also known as the "Crow" in Germany/EU) will be at www.rct450.com and handled by our mother company SGB Enterprises LLC. It was decided this was the best way to handle the upcoming distribution network and provide a neutral location to learn more about the product.

Have fun entering this new chapter of your life and see as much as the world as possible! I had the pleasure of taking my new bride on an 18 month business tour around the world (23 countries) and it was nice. I can't call it a honeymoon, but we took every chance available to explore and have fun. YOU DO THE SAME!

Regards,
Scott
Old May 05, 2007, 12:30 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,870 Posts
it's great to see some close up pics to compare the mechanics of the trex underslung head to this overslung head. Happy to be corrected.. but the geometry is the same, merely the links are longer to move the flybar & cage above the rotors? The standard T piece has been inverted and bored to accept the mainshaft?

How is it possible to get more pitch with the components swinging arms at the same length? Is it through more swash travel?

Just curious, it looks nice, it is a unique and laterally thought out reuse of the existing components.

dave.

PS having bent a few links in my time .. are those longer links going to be a weakpoint in a crash?
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Old May 05, 2007, 12:01 PM View Post
Steve_C
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old May 05, 2007, 12:14 PM
Miami, Florida
Joined May 2004
728 Posts
Hey guys, you better listen to Geneween, did you know that he's the "G" on "G-head" on this heli, respect dudes...

Keep it up, the heli's looking good!
GoRgOyL is offline Find More Posts by GoRgOyL
Old May 05, 2007, 01:27 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Steve,
Please simply respect the wishes of Gene and many others... and just go away. You have lost face regardless of how good you feel about yourself as a member of the self appointed RCG vendor police who report every post I make for no legitimate reason. I am sure you will be welcomed in all the other threads where every other vendor can talk freely without getting bashed. There is nothing excessive going on here. The only ones causing issues here are you and a few of your friends. Read all the other posts in this thread that are not authored by you or "them" and everyone is fine.

To you and the other same three people reporting me for every post I make on RCG regardless of content, it's not going to stop me from answering people's questions so please go find a real hobby. This one doesn't suit you.

Scott-

PS: Thanks for the bump