HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2009, 07:19 PM
Nothin says hate like a .308
Anaheim, CA
Joined Mar 2009
276 Posts
Are these heli's still around? Ive been looking into getting my first CP heli and was looking into this or a trex. Is this thing stable and ok for a beginner or should I be looking into another heli?
proraptor is offline Find More Posts by proraptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2009, 07:48 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor
Are these heli's still around? Ive been looking into getting my first CP heli and was looking into this or a trex. Is this thing stable and ok for a beginner or should I be looking into another heli?
Yes, they are still around but I would contact us directly and ask about specials and what is available instead of just looking at the web site. Often, we offer very good deals on kits we build to display at an event or even better deals on kits that may have a cosmetic flaw or we consider "B-stock". I will step aside and let others provide input on if it is a good beginers 450, but we have received some great feedback since it was released 2 years ago.

Regards,
Scott
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:56 PM
Joined May 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor
hello proraptor. i got a diablo a year or two ago, and it has worked out well for me. Before that I had used an art tech falcon 400, which is a very inexpensive heli and I didn't like it. I found that as I was learning I was crashing a fair amount and I didn't like dealing with plastic parts.

I think there are many well built 450 size helis around, obviously trex are popular, and many others. I didn't want a trex because they just seemed really common, and I also wanted personalized service, which rc tek has been very good about providing. In some ways the customer support might be more important than the particular heli, provided it is up to a certain level of quality.

anyhow, that's my two cents. Selecting a heli is a very personalized decision and in the end you should go with what you want, not what other people tell you.

Also, you are probably aware, but the bigger the heli the easier it is to learn, so if you can afford it and have the space to fly it, you might want to consider a bigger size.

good luck!
-Ben

PS I am selling my entire heli kit, which is a complete RTF Diablo, a DX7 radio, several new outrage lipos, massive spare parts, tools, everything under the sun you would need to fly. I love the heli, but I find that I am just having less and less time to fly, so going to take a break from this hobby for now. I will post a link when I get everything together to sell.
bgrisso is offline Find More Posts by bgrisso
Old Apr 17, 2009, 03:06 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Spring Cleaning

Items sold... case still available. Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Scott
RC-TEK
Last edited by Scott_RC-TEK; Apr 17, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:08 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_RC-TEK
Yes, they are still around but I would contact us directly and ask about specials and what is available instead of just looking at the web site. Often, we offer very good deals on kits we build to display at an event or even better deals on kits that may have a cosmetic flaw or we consider "B-stock". I will step aside and let others provide input on if it is a good beginers 450, but we have received some great feedback since it was released 2 years ago.

Regards,
Scott
Nice...

I haven't posted in a while in the '3D' section as I am finally going scale but I will put it in simple words: I learnt to fly helicopters using an RCT-450 Skyshark (well, I still use it to fly...) Easy to maintain, stable, fully compatible with TREX450 V2, probably you can get the new TREX450 PRO torquetube for it when its not sold out everywhere... you can't go wrong with it.

Great choice for your 1st heli for sure, but I would even venture to say that should be considered a keeper, and for me the Skyshark is a keeper. Other helis have come and gone in my fleet but helicopter numeral MB-3 in my fleet is still operational, just like the day I got to do my 1st tail-in hover with it.

MB.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:52 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Thanks for the support, MB. It is good to see you still enjoying the SS.
Regards,
Scott
Old Apr 17, 2009, 08:44 PM
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,210 Posts
I have been enjoying mine. I have around 30 plus flights on mine and I did my first back flip last weekend. I knwo I have been just to scared to crash so I just hover and look at it setting there being all pretty and shiny.

I have been flying 2 other helicopters. I just wanted to see my Diablo in the air upside down. Just had to deal with the pucker factor. These are good helicopters. I have a Cypher, MX450SX, Diablo, HBKII, AXE V2, Raptor 30 nitor, Nexus 30 Nitro. It is hard to put a lot of time on any one of them. I can say I have not planted my DIablo yet. I want to stay that way for a while.

Dru.
blvdbuzzard is offline Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,478 Posts
Just about to put my ss Head and tail in a show April 25Th & 26Th Metro North Mall.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:24 PM
North Idaho
Joined Jul 2007
162 Posts
I'm still running my Sky Shark. In fact, I just crashed it yesterday and managed to destroy the rotor head hub. Scott, I'll be needing one of those if you have them handy. I emailed you about it, I hope you have some. Yesterday was the first crash I have had with the Sky Shark in almost a year. I did it doing inverted, went down right on the rotor, upside down. I have also jumped into the realm of 50 size nitro, very cool. I still enjoy the Sky Shark however.
JasonJ1969 is offline Find More Posts by JasonJ1969
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:06 PM
Joined May 2007
186 Posts
deleted...
bgrisso is offline Find More Posts by bgrisso
Last edited by bgrisso; Feb 01, 2010 at 09:55 PM.