Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 04, 2007, 12:20 AM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
no experience necessary, its just a modification to make things easier. your right though it does allow you to add more pitch, but more importantly, it allows you to add it evenly.
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2007, 12:29 AM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
Post to all,

maybe Scott can post this on his site...

Along with going over the entire Heli and puting threadlock on every metal to metal conection, the pins in the Center hub need to be removed (they thread into the center hub) and use either high strength threadlock or JB weld to secure the pins in place and assure they don't come loose. the pins after about 30 or 40 flights came loose and began to wiggle, then sheared off on my heli.

Before the trolls get to this:

This is an ARF Heli and with all ARF Helis, every thing needs to be double checked.

Geneween
geneween is offline Find More Posts by geneween
Old May 04, 2007, 01:01 AM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Gene. We will probably end up putting it in the reference manual.

Scott-
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Old May 04, 2007, 12:40 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
gene, how do you remove those pins, they are thin and im afraid if i clamp onto it with something, i will break it, create a notch in it to make it unsmooth or bend it.
Old May 04, 2007, 12:49 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
I just grabbed one out of stock and for the life of me cannot get them out. My technical guy here says he noted to the factory to add some threadlock after Gene mentioned this to me at the last fun fly and I talked about it in a final production meeting. So, pending final confirmation on this sacrificial part, don't concern yourself with it. Just give yours a visual inspection when it arrives. I would also re-check everything every 5-10 flights with the way you fly it!

Scott-
Old May 04, 2007, 12:53 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
yeah, no worries. as long as the heli has your's and genes approval, which it has, i have no problem getting it going.

thanks scott!!!!!!
Old May 04, 2007, 01:25 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,317 Posts
"no experience necessary, its just a modification to make things easier. your right though it does allow you to add more pitch, but more importantly, it allows you to add it evenly."

That, I believe, was the biggest issue with the original head-inability to obtain fully symmetrical pitch. The original head flies extremely well, once this issue is resolved.

If anyone had the older style head with the hoops, it is very easy to modify things to get increase the pitch throw and get it even. The machine Tim is flying can reach -12 to +12 degrees of pitch, and still have the mixing levers and washout arms horizontal at 50% collective.

I believe that the G head can go from -14 to +14 degrees (even more), although I have not seen one yet.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old May 04, 2007, 01:36 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
richard your right. scott, that was why i had pitch variation at the april 1st funfly event. i could have sworn i built it right, but yeah, richard told me about this, as he had the same problem, but its A-okay now.

really on the diablo though, you dont need more than 12 degrees both ways, but this is coming from me who likes to max it out at 14!

richard, i think ill steel a flight in from tim's skyshark. he told me he loves it, and well, if he loves it, then....
Old May 04, 2007, 01:42 PM
Joined Mar 2005
3,317 Posts
Jason,

I am very interested in your impression of it. I wish I could be at the fun fly to see you both wring it out.
Old May 04, 2007, 01:46 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
hahaha, okay richard, ill have video of it for ya.
Old May 04, 2007, 02:12 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
The video's posted around of my diablo being flown by Jason only had +/-11 on the blade pitch. What the "G-head" does give you is more Cyclic (flybar paddle) pitch. I was finding that with +/-12 on the main blades I couldn't get the Cyclic throws I wanted without hitting the main blade grips with the hoops. Now with the hoops gone you can give it all the pitch you want and all the cyclic movment you want without hitting or binding on anything. The original head IMO was fine but I like my Helis to flip on a dime when told too. So I wanted more....and figured out a way to do it.

Geneween
geneween is offline Find More Posts by geneween
Old May 04, 2007, 04:25 PM
Joined Mar 2005
3,317 Posts
Gene,

See if Tim will let you fly the one I worked on. Even at extreme throws, I experienced no binding after modifying things a bit (now I am wondering if our definitions of extreme throws are the same-I had the pleasure of watching you fly at the last fun fly).

Anyway, I am interested in your impressions of it too.

Thank you
Old May 04, 2007, 06:53 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Here are some pics of the Sky-Shark, which is my personal favorite. Clean and classy yet agressive looking.

Scott-

EDIT: PICTURES REMOVED
Well, apparently I am not allowed to give my personal opinion and post pictures of the Sky-Shark here. Very interesting someone doesn't want me simply sharing pictures. If you anyone wants to see them, PM me and I will provide them to you.
Last edited by Scott_RC-TEK; May 05, 2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old May 04, 2007, 08:00 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2003
565 Posts
Hey Geneween, best of luck on your new marriage.
HeliNY is offline Find More Posts by HeliNY
Last edited by HeliNY; May 05, 2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old May 04, 2007, 08:10 PM
Joined Mar 2007
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliNY
This is too funny, you just can't help but advertise, if you have hundreds sold as you stated, why are you beating the bushes so much here???
What is the problem? We are all here to learn more about our hobby. I personally think it adds a lot to the quality of this board to have real live contact with manufacturers or their representatives; and first hand real time knowlege of what is on the horizon. If you support another brand of Helicopter, I wish you would do the same. JMO
outtamyway is offline Find More Posts by outtamyway