SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 03, 2007, 10:05 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Ah Clem's Avatar
Joined Mar 2005
3,340 Posts
Gene,

I had the opportunity to work on a pre-production one, set it up and fly it (the one Tim mentioned above).

It still has the older head with the hoops and it flies EXTREMELY well. I was very, very impressed. I can only imagine how it will fly with the "G"head.


Tim,

I was wondering if you had tried it yet. Thank you for the compliment. I enjoyed working on it and flying it.

I am also interested in Jason's comments, if he gets to fly it.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2007, 10:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
nice gene, ill try and upload some vids in here, both from your machine and mine.

4s baby!
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 10:11 PM
TEAM SCHC
Joined Jul 2006
1,595 Posts
The new SE V2 costs 529. This kit costs 299. Thats what i meant...
timphan84 is offline Find More Posts by timphan84
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 10:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
where did the other rc-tek post go that was posted by scott?

why are people hating him, stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! if you dont like osmething, dont post it, and if its negative pm it to scott personally, dont call anyone out on the forums. i leave for dinner then come back and its gone, whats going on here.
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 10:17 PM
Model Bender
OzDragonFlyer's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,870 Posts
still can't find any pricing for these helis on the website...? gimme gimme..
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 10:39 PM
TEAM SCHC
Joined Jul 2006
1,595 Posts
OZDRAGON please email SALES@RC-TEK.COM for more details or just PM scott RC-TEK to reserve your heli. Or you can just come to our funfly and purchase on there.
timphan84 is offline Find More Posts by timphan84
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 10:59 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
volcomsnows2k's Avatar
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinsequence
where did the other rc-tek post go that was posted by scott?

why are people hating him, stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! if you dont like osmething, dont post it, and if its negative pm it to scott personally, dont call anyone out on the forums. i leave for dinner then come back and its gone, whats going on here.
I agree.
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:01 PM
Registered User
Scott_RC-TEK's Avatar
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
...unreal
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Last edited by Scott_RC-TEK; May 03, 2007 at 11:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:03 PM
Registered User
ktmrider's Avatar
San Jose/Sacramento, CA
Joined Sep 2005
655 Posts
This is going to be a stupid question.....

Where's the "G"?

By the way, the "Red Head" I recently purchased from RC-TEK has the flybar below the blades. What did I purchased? Just curious.
ktmrider is offline Find More Posts by ktmrider
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
hey, silly question scott, is the ghead already built for me in the care package??? just wondering can't wait
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:15 PM
Registered User
Scott_RC-TEK's Avatar
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider
This is going to be a stupid question.....

Where's the "G"?

By the way, the "Red Head" I recently purchased from RC-TEK has the flybar below the blades. What did I purchased? Just curious.
The "G" comes from Gene who presented a very simple modification to us that got rid of the balde grip hoops and increased the effective pitch rate in our standard RCT-450 head. In recognition of his contribution, we named the new head the "G-HEAD".

Some in the office call it the "AG-Head" for anti-gravity head~ To each their own...

Anyway, you purchased the underslung flybar design we offer by special order. It is very similar to existing 450 heads on the market (just better quality we hope!).

Regards,
Scott
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:16 PM
Registered User
Scott_RC-TEK's Avatar
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinsequence
hey, silly question scott, is the ghead already built for me in the care package??? just wondering can't wait
Yes, the helicopter is 100% built (but go over it with locktite!)

Scott-
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:28 PM
Suspended Account
brovic777's Avatar
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_RC-TEK
Yes, the helicopter is 100% built (but go over it with locktite!)

Scott-
Are all the new kits pre-built Scott?
brovic777 is offline Find More Posts by brovic777
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:33 PM
Registered User
Scott_RC-TEK's Avatar
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brovic777
Are all the new kits pre-built Scott?
Until further notice, yes.

Scott-
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2007, 11:47 PM
Registered User
ktmrider's Avatar
San Jose/Sacramento, CA
Joined Sep 2005
655 Posts
I get it. The G-Head is for the experienced pilots who need more pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_RC-TEK
The "G" comes from Gene who presented a very simple modification to us that got rid of the balde grip hoops and increased the effective pitch rate in our standard RCT-450 head. In recognition of his contribution, we named the new head the "G-HEAD".

Some in the office call it the "AG-Head" for anti-gravity head~ To each their own...

Anyway, you purchased the underslung flybar design we offer by special order. It is very similar to existing 450 heads on the market (just better quality we hope!).

Regards,
Scott
ktmrider is offline Find More Posts by ktmrider
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log RC-Tek Phantom 450 XL Build Thread Sonex128 Mini Helis 57 Dec 28, 2007 03:39 AM
For Sale RC-TEK Sky-Shark parts New rcboosted Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Sep 03, 2007 02:44 PM
Discussion RC-Tek's Diablo and Heli Warehouse's Phoenix moshen Mini Helis 169 Jul 22, 2007 04:23 PM
Discussion Diablo/Sky-Shark and New Phantom Updates Scott_RC-TEK Mini Helis 213 Apr 25, 2007 01:52 AM
New Product New Heli! RC-TEK RCT-500 SS (Sky-Shark) Scott_RC-TEK Mini Helis 45 Dec 13, 2006 07:20 PM