HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2007, 07:26 PM
Oroville Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
126 Posts
Thanks GW. I still would'nt mind having the lengths since I've allready started to mess with them. I may have to put them back to arival length.Ya got a note going to Vinnie so as to be able to let people know about the fit problem.
As to me getting one , I have been following Scott's and your imput on getting this bird to market probley since the start. Mostly silent but allways keeping my eye on the way everybody put into making this something special. I'm sure that we all owe you for your time and effort. So thanks in advance of me getting to fly the Diablo. Just something about the way the motor and the servo's sit , made me want to try this one. Not to say anything about the color that I find really sets this bird off. Still needs a couple of stickers of the RC-Tech and Diablo logos. And yes I've gotten some messages for taking Scott's side on this bird. But as allways I will makeup my own mind thank-you. If I don't like it you will all hear. But also vice versa if I can fly this as well or close to me SE v1.5 then I'll be happy.
I've said it before and I'll state it again , I have nothing to do with Scott or RC-Tech . I just like the look and the price of there offerings.
Now I won't be much of a test pilot , as I'm still just getting into FF. But I can compair the TREX 450SE to the Diablo as a rather new flyer. I wont be doing loops and rolls for a while yet. So I may be the beginers view on this new heli. Can it take what I'll probley put it through. Well we shall see. Hope that Scott gets parts in stock soon as I'm sure I will be needing them.
So far I like the new tail, yet to try but nice! Silkey smooth. Did my resizing on the links and all seems nice and free. I still have to take it apart and loctite everything, but wanted to make sure everthing fit before doing so.
I'll keep you updated as things progress.

Don
NorCalrc is offline Find More Posts by NorCalrc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2007, 07:40 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,784 Posts
Sky Shark is airborne!

Hey there guys! Its 5 pm in HOTT sunny Cali! I just got everything done and put the first flight on the Sky Shark. Unfortunately, I used a motor that was no good and had to resort to pulling one of my 430XL's from my Trex. Remounted the 430XL did some programming and it was game on. All I can tell you guys is this... I am IN LOVE! I put 2 flights on her. 1 with the stock Sky Shark Paddles and 1 with the Align 450 SE paddles. I can tell you this much... the Stock Sky Shark Paddles are more sensitive!! I mean WOW! I was hovering for 2 seconds, checked the tail responsiveness, then it was Idle Up and GAME ON! Keep in mind I am in front of my house!! First think I noticed right from the get go is the instant response the Sky Shark reacts to my inputs. It is not squirrley, but the reaction of the bird is exactly what I tell it to do! 20 seconds into my flight I was doing stationary rolls and flips. It rolls MUCH tighter and flips much tighter than any of my Trex SE's. The 430XL still lacks power and bogs a bit but I was at least able to fly the heli. I am extremely impressed at how stable she is. Yet when the trigger is pulled, man it was night and day difference! What do I like better you may ask? As of right now, I like quick reactions and responsiveness.. So I like the Sky Shark better than my SE's. Here's my example: My ATV's on my DX& are a solid 100% all around. My 450 SEV2, the ATV's are at 135%. Even at 135% it still does not roll as fast or as crisp as the the Sky Shark! Stability in a stationary roll is awesome. It seems to be better CG displaced than the Rex's. Anyways, I'm going to put another couple of batteries thru her and see how she feels. I need another outrunner to replace the 430XL for sure! I love this heli! Here are a couple of pics!

Also her is my set up:

~DX7 TX

~AR6000 RX

~Hitec HS65MG's for the cyclic

~401/9650 Tail

~TPX 2070 3S

~325mm V Blades

~Align Carbon Tail Blades

volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old May 08, 2007, 08:08 PM
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
8,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k
Hey there guys! Its 5 pm in HOTT sunny Cali! I just got everything done and put the first flight on the Sky Shark. Unfortunately, I used a motor that was no good and had to resort to pulling one of my 430XL's from my Trex. Remounted the 430XL did some programming and it was game on. All I can tell you guys is this... I am IN LOVE! I put 2 flights on her. 1 with the stock Sky Shark Paddles and 1 with the Align 450 SE paddles. I can tell you this much... the Stock Sky Shark Paddles are more sensitive!! I mean WOW! I was hovering for 2 seconds, checked the tail responsiveness, then it was Idle Up and GAME ON! Keep in mind I am in front of my house!! First think I noticed right from the get go is the instant response the Sky Shark reacts to my inputs. It is not squirrley, but the reaction of the bird is exactly what I tell it to do! 20 seconds into my flight I was doing stationary rolls and flips. It rolls MUCH tighter and flips much tighter than any of my Trex SE's. The 430XL still lacks power and bogs a bit but I was at least able to fly the heli. I am extremely impressed at how stable she is. Yet when the trigger is pulled, man it was night and day difference! What do I like better you may ask? As of right now, I like quick reactions and responsiveness.. So I like the Sky Shark better than my SE's. Here's my example: My ATV's on my DX& are a solid 100% all around. My 450 SEV2, the ATV's are at 135%. Even at 135% it still does not roll as fast or as crisp as the the Sky Shark! Stability in a stationary roll is awesome. It seems to be better CG displaced than the Rex's. Anyways, I'm going to put another couple of batteries thru her and see how she feels. I need another outrunner to replace the 430XL for sure! I love this heli! Here are a couple of pics!

Also her is my set up:

~DX7 TX

~AR6000 RX

~Hitec HS65MG's for the cyclic

~401/9650 Tail

~TPX 2070 3S

~325mm V Blades

~Align Carbon Tail Blades

She's a tight little bird isnt she
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Dji fpv hub
Old May 08, 2007, 08:15 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
dude, peter, ill have mine up by this weekend, yours is already up. tims should be finished also. lets do some flying this weekend with these things, push them alittle bit.
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Old May 08, 2007, 08:32 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinsequence
dude, peter, ill have mine up by this weekend, yours is already up. tims should be finished also. lets do some flying this weekend with these things, push them alittle bit.

Dude, I just put another TPX thru her and WOW! I LIKEY!! What motor should I run it it Jason? The 430XL is okay, but I need more power!! Lets fly this weekend!! Eddie wants to fly as well!!
Old May 08, 2007, 09:32 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,784 Posts
Alright guys... I just put another half a pack on the SkyShark. Yes.. It is officially my favorite heli. Man the roll rate and flip rate is awesome!! I can't wait to get it to the field!! Been tuning the curves, and I'm pretty close now. This is a awesome heli!!
Old May 08, 2007, 09:39 PM
Suspended Account
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k
Alright guys... I just put another half a pack on the SkyShark. Yes.. It is officially my favorite heli. Man the roll rate and flip rate is awesome!! I can't wait to get it to the field!! Been tuning the curves, and I'm pretty close now. This is a awesome heli!!
Me wanna try it.... You get that Neu motor ordered yet with the 4s monster setup?
brovic777 is offline Find More Posts by brovic777
Old May 08, 2007, 10:04 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
well pete here is the thing, last weekend at the sunland field, i feld some weird sticking issues. i didn't like that at all, other wise i would have flown the diablo again with 4s. i dont remember it sticking before, but it stick in some places, very bad. might have been the insane wind and hopefully it is that, but i gotta see if maybe the 4s is doing something. but for sure though, that is the motor you want to have and on 4s. you will crap in your pants with that setup. picture honda civic versus F1 car, that the difference in power.

i flew the skyshark on a 430Xl and its not bad. add more pitch peter, just gotta pay attention to when the head loads up, when it does, bring the stick back to center if possible. but get like 14/14 out of it if you can, and im sure you could. and then try it.
also, 13t pinion and vblades. also use a CC45 if you can, high timing, high throttle response...etc. 100-100-100 throttle curve, and then try it.
Old May 08, 2007, 10:04 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,784 Posts
First test flight Video

na
Last edited by volcomsnows2k; May 18, 2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old May 08, 2007, 10:05 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
btw pete, try mine with the 4s setup when i fly with you all.
Old May 08, 2007, 10:07 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,784 Posts
Quote:
well pete here is the thing, last weekend at the sunland field, i feld some weird sticking issues. i didn't like that at all, other wise i would have flown the diablo again with 4s. i dont remember it sticking before, but it stick in some places, very bad. might have been the insane wind and hopefully it is that, but i gotta see if maybe the 4s is doing something. but for sure though, that is the motor you want to have and on 4s. you will crap in your pants with that setup. picture honda civic versus F1 car, that the difference in power.

i flew the skyshark on a 430Xl and its not bad. add more pitch peter, just gotta pay attention to when the head loads up, when it does, bring the stick back to center if possible. but get like 14/14 out of it if you can, and im sure you could. and then try it.
also, 13t pinion and vblades. also use a CC45 if you can, high timing, high throttle response...etc. 100-100-100 throttle curve, and then try it.
Holy crap J!! You want me to go +14 -14 on a 430XL, 3S !!?? I'm on a 12T pinion right now. I will go to 13 and give it a try. It's getting dark so the next test will have to be Thursday afternoon. Thanks for the tips J. I will try all that u said. You the man!!
Old May 08, 2007, 10:08 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
okay pete, i see what you mean about power.

do the following:

on CC45 esc, set it to high timing, but manually set it to 9 instead of 8. do the same for throttle response.

13 pinion.

for sure that 430XL sounds slow. i can see why now, way more potential avaiable out of it.
Old May 08, 2007, 10:08 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,784 Posts
Quote:
btw pete, try mine with the 4s setup when i fly with you all.
I'm scared to fly the "masters" heli~! Pete no good!!
Old May 08, 2007, 10:09 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
your the man pete, you surprise me everyday. didn't you just get into helis? now u build your own, set it up, and flipping it. dude, prodigy.

dont be afraid peter, just fly it, i can care less if you dump it. if tim dumps it then that is a different story, hahaha. we dont want to talk about hovig now.
Old May 08, 2007, 10:12 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,784 Posts
Quote:
okay pete, i see what you mean about power.

do the following:

on CC45 esc, set it to high timing, but manually set it to 9 instead of 8. do the same for throttle response.

13 pinion.

for sure that 430XL sounds slow. i can see why now, way more potential avaiable out of it.
Going to a 13T pinion now. J, I'm using the Align 35X ESC tho! I'm not about to tear apart the Rex u sold me!! That think is a BEAST! I love it!! I took the 35X from my SA! LMAO!!