SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 23, 2002, 12:23 PM
Thats NOT indestructible
London UK
Joined Apr 2002
1,448 Posts
Z-Tron Twin Stearing Shorts Skyvan

OK

I have not got any Z-Tron stuff yet, but i do have wall foam, and LOTS of it, so i have been doing some building.

So far i have made a 30cm WS Garden Cub and two Thistle's.

I should have my Jiglet (Aeronutz) plan tomorow, so i am going to make some of them too.

Anyway, I have been thinking of a cool and original plane that i can make for the Twin Steering Z-Tron RX, and I think i am going to make a Shorts Skyvan, because, i LOVE the uglyness of it, and it should be REALLY easy to make, with all if its straight lines, and lack of curves.

I may also make some canberra's, as FF, as my mate will want them (he has TWO, YES TWO full size canberra cockpits, including the one that made the record time transatlantic flight, or somthing like that, in his garden, he and his dad are in the process of rebuilding them, and mabie adding a flight sim to one!!!)

Josh
j8m8l is offline Find More Posts by j8m8l
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2002, 02:00 PM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,876 Posts
Hi Josh

The Skyvan is a nice plane but the wing has a very narrow chord if you build it to scale. No one will notice if you increase the chord a bit and it will help keep the wing loading low.

Hmmmm... where did I put that plan I had for the "flying mobile home".

Michael
epilot is offline Find More Posts by epilot
Old Nov 09, 2005, 11:44 AM
Daytona Beach, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
15 Posts
Does anyone have profile plan of the Skyvan or any plan set ? Or where can I go to find them ?

Thanks, Wally
wtjonessss is offline Find More Posts by wtjonessss
Old Nov 10, 2005, 02:19 AM
Birmingham / England
Joined Feb 2003
483 Posts
Here is the shorts skyvan 3 view. also the 330 and the 360

hope this helps
The other Graham
Graham Smith is offline Find More Posts by Graham Smith
Last edited by Graham Smith; Nov 10, 2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 02:56 AM
Birmingham / England
Joined Feb 2003
483 Posts
Images won't display. - tried changing gif, file to a jpg, Anyway, I got them from 'eduardos' page at: http://members.fortunecity.com/inedesca/
Graham Smith is offline Find More Posts by Graham Smith
Old Nov 10, 2005, 08:57 AM
south shields. England
Joined May 2004
962 Posts
The full size "sky-van" has a super-efficient ultra-narrow chord wing, BUT!!! please avoid in micro model form!!. It really is a place in which you would not like to be!!! ( I speak from humbling experience!!

Brutal but true advice i'm afraid!!!

Peter
peter frostick is offline Find More Posts by peter frostick