HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2007, 07:04 PM
Joined May 2007
2 Posts
Help!
Receiver cut-off at half throttle

I bought a used walkera 35 z400 to learn on....I checked everything...pitch...servos...clearances, etc
My problem is...when it gets light on the skids at half throttle the receiver shuts all the way down...no servos...nothing.
I thought it was a receiver problem so I bought another TX,RX and servos.....same thing half throttle shut down....I have been over this heli 3 or 4 dozen times....installed a 400 motor...same thing.
So I got brave and bought a Century elite6 TX and the 5 in 1 receiver.
Rigged it up on the walkera....and unbelievable....did the same exact thing....the only thing I haven't changed out is the battery 11.1 1500 li-po...I did a voltage test while throttling up and it dropped to 11.5 volts when the RX cut off. Is it possible the battery is defective even though it's holding good voltage? and I'm still using the original servos..they seem to be ok..I'm at my wits end and my wallet is getting thinner.
Does anyone know what is going on with this heli?
I'm thinking about a big bonfire...lol
Thanks
Tcko is offline Find More Posts by Tcko
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2007, 07:09 PM
United States, NC, Dobson
Joined Jan 2007
1,217 Posts
I think your lipo is shot, It will hold voltage, but under that kind of load, it dont retain enough amps to fly.
RCHSF is offline Find More Posts by RCHSF
Old May 02, 2007, 07:26 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Dec 2002
5,428 Posts
In many speed controllers the battery eliminator circuitry will shut down from excessive power dissipation.

This is usually caused by excessive load (4 servos plus gyro and receiver) at too high a voltage (3 lipoly cells), especially if there is binding or one of the servos is stalled.
Martyn McKinney is offline Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney
Old May 02, 2007, 09:31 PM
Joined May 2007
2 Posts
Thanks Outback and Martyn
I just ordered a 11.1-2200 lipo and I'm going to change out the servos...maybe I'll get to try to fly soon.
Tcko is offline Find More Posts by Tcko
Old May 03, 2007, 09:38 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2005
408 Posts
Its most likely the ESC (speed controller) shutting down.

Bob
AirmanBob is offline Find More Posts by AirmanBob