HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 09, 2008, 08:29 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Haha, that's awesome lex!

Should I paint mine before I stick all the parts together?
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2008, 09:27 PM
Farmington, NY
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
I glued it all together then painted/sharpied. First foam build. Hot glue rocks! Soldering iron melts the pockets for the servos great. My wife is a big fan of Smallville so had to do the "S". After all it is made by Superfly RC.
Hope to hit some fences, cows, lightposts and any other object this weekend.
lextek is offline Find More Posts by lextek
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:39 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Currently listining to EP #30

Diggs, you need a 3s 1300mah or something close in the Tribute.
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:52 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Currently listining to EP #30

Diggs, you need a 3s 1300mah or something close in the Tribute.

Got 3 of them over the holiday and now using only TP1320's on it. I love the plane and the last crash was due to problems with the gearbox. Had to bring it in with no power and stalled it yet again She will fly again though. I bought a replacement, but it is staying in the box till I kill this one.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:55 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Have you seen the thread on it? I killed mine(over wieght) before I found out about how much differince SFGs where making on these things. One day I will get another, and putSFGs on it along with the MicroDan motor.

Here is the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624642
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Jan 10, 2008, 02:05 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
So some mod has a God complex. I've modd'ed many forums in the past. There is not some massive thought process to see a larger picture when "giving out points". .. although, for this nameless, moderator 'black and white' exists. It seems that since we push all traffic back to RCG and promote RCG in every podcast we do - that isn't good enough. Forgive me if I link back to allthingsthatfly.com . But the full circle thought process is missing from this "mod".

Apparently, we are not welcome here at RCG any longer. That is ok, we have forums being built as I type this.

This post will probably be "pointed" and removed, but of course to our 5000 listeners a week - I will "say" it.

Hide behind your keyboard. It's what your good at.
Thanks for your time.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 04:10 PM
Ook!
New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
1,496 Posts
What's going on, Jamie? Are they modding out your URL?

LOL, is this RCG turning into RunRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
So some mod has a God complex. I've modd'ed many forums in the past. There is not some massive thought process to see a larger picture when "giving out points". .. although, for this nameless, moderator 'black and white' exists. It seems that since we push all traffic back to RCG and promote RCG in every podcast we do - that isn't good enough. Forgive me if I link back to allthingsthatfly.com . But the full circle thought process is missing from this "mod".

Apparently, we are not welcome here at RCG any longer. That is ok, we have forums being built as I type this.

This post will probably be "pointed" and removed, but of course to our 5000 listeners a week - I will "say" it.

Hide behind your keyboard. It's what your good at.
Thanks for your time.
skaffen is offline Find More Posts by skaffen
Old Jan 10, 2008, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
SNIPE_53 is offline Find More Posts by SNIPE_53
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:19 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
<-------- Look Gold Member

As of yesterday, I upgraded since my old bronze membership expired. If I would have known Jamie was getting harassed like this by the mods, I doubt I would have renewed at all. I also wanted to discuss advertising here on RCG to help increase our listener base, but I really have no desire now.

Nonsense.... Burke puts allthingsthatfly under his username and above his avatar and gets smacked down by a mod. I bet you would be hard pressed to find an episode where we don't mention something cool going on here on RCG. While we aren't a driving force in the RC world, we do reach lots of people in the hobby. I think RCG and ATTF have the same goal and mission. I think we would also be served well by helping each other out in that goal. y4B U h8'in (sorry Chris), trust me it was appropriate

Well, I paid my $$$ and now I have the membership, but unless they change their attitude and stop slamming on Burke, I will not be a repeat customer.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:25 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
Luckily we have the ATTF Forum. Im EDFjet on there by the way
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
Farmington, NY
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPE_53
Luckily we have the ATTF Forum. I
Where is this?
lextek is offline Find More Posts by lextek
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:44 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
PM Jamie and get him to send you the link
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:50 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
<-------- Look Gold Member

As of yesterday, I upgraded since my old bronze membership expired. If I would have known Jamie was getting harassed like this by the mods, I doubt I would have renewed at all. I also wanted to discuss advertising here on RCG to help increase our listener base, but I really have no desire now.

Nonsense.... Burke puts allthingsthatfly under his username and above his avatar and gets smacked down by a mod. I bet you would be hard pressed to find an episode where we don't mention something cool going on here on RCG. While we aren't a driving force in the RC world, we do reach lots of people in the hobby. I think RCG and ATTF have the same goal and mission. I think we would also be served well by helping each other out in that goal. y4B U h8'in (sorry Chris), trust me it was appropriate

Well, I paid my $$$ and now I have the membership, but unless they change their attitude and stop slamming on Burke, I will not be a repeat customer.

Diggs
As a newb and a recent convert to ATTF(been going through the shows this week).....i can confirm that RCG is always getting mentioned in a positive light....

GREAT SHOW BTW

could some one PM me the link to the forum
thanks
budgetbus is offline Find More Posts by budgetbus
Old Jan 10, 2008, 08:41 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
The forums in question has just been a "messing around" ground for a few people. We are in the works of the real forums and those will be up in a while. But as of now, no real reason to use the current one and have people join.

I Emailed Jim before I said anything and the lack of a response is all I needed..
Old Jan 10, 2008, 08:48 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,509 Posts
For what it's worth, Jim is a very busy guy. You (and everyone here) should PM all of the following fine folks and let them know that one of the mods is either very confused, or abusing power. NOBODY should get reported for posting a link to a vendor, unless it's the vendor himself and does it excessively. Here's the list, happy PM'ing:

jbourke, Jim T. Graham, Mike Kolesnikov, Dave Lauck, HaleyB, LisaSt, Angela H

The last thing we want to do is burn bridges here, but we also don't want this to turn into a place where nobody can speak freely.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Closed Thread