HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 24, 2007, 02:04 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
Should be fine. I just got my DX7 today SO happy. Where do you guys get ur RX's from?
SNIPE_53 is offline Find More Posts by SNIPE_53
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2007, 02:46 AM
Agoura Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2007
504 Posts
Hi, I get mine from Dave over at lightflightrc.com. Nice people, good prices.
Cheers,
Ed
eddo22 is offline Find More Posts by eddo22
Old Dec 24, 2007, 07:15 AM
Farmington, NY
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Great video! Super video quality. Best Buy was sold out of the Aipteks. Could you post a picture of they way you have the camera mounted on the Stick?
lextek is offline Find More Posts by lextek
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:09 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPE_53
Should be fine. I just got my DX7 today SO happy. Where do you guys get ur RX's from?

I have bought probably %50 of mine from here. The others I bought elsewhere before I found Todd's store.

http://www.toddsmodels.com/

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:10 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Did a second flight video
Click on the video in there. Then hit pause. let it spool up.
Full screen looks good.

Again, great video. That is really a nice cam you snagged!! I think I might have to go hunt one down in the near future.

Diggs
Old Dec 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lextek
Great video! Super video quality. Best Buy was sold out of the Aipteks. Could you post a picture of they way you have the camera mounted on the Stick?
Yeah, I did have to change the way it was mounted. No way to get front video unless it's going to be sideways. Cannot twist the optics.
Had to glue CF strips to the camera body. It dons't hurt or hinder it, just looks odd if it's not on the plane. But I don't care.
I'll get pics.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:35 PM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
Kalispell Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY!
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPE_53
From myself

Kyle
RcSuperSales-Net is offline Find More Posts by RcSuperSales-Net
Old Dec 24, 2007, 03:21 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSuperSales-Net
From myself

Kyle
hahahahah
SNIPE_53 is offline Find More Posts by SNIPE_53
Old Dec 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Did a second flight video
Click on the video in there. Then hit pause. let it spool up.
Full screen looks good.
Loved it ! I'm off looking at the Aiptek now. The video quality was very cool. I thought it was very clear and not at many movements - like you mentioned in your video notes. Most AP videos make me sea sick and this one was cool - and very clear. I spent 3/4 of the video trying to figure out where you were standing until I saw you on one of the dives into the field.

Nicely done ! Hope you don't mind if I link to it ?

PS: Experiment with the 11x5 apc prop - that's mostly what we use. It provides more thrust but you'll have to decide if it bogs or whether your 10x4.7 is more appropriate for your battery/esc. Certainly enough power and lots of fun. Makes me want to go out and fly my Slow Stick now.

I've done side video - but love the front video. Your camera angle looks perfect. Can you post the angle of it or a side photo ?

How are your neighbors ? None of mine have complained about my flying around the neighborhood.

Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Last edited by JustGoFly; Dec 24, 2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 06:24 PM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,883 Posts
Quote:
If I rememeber correctly there is a guy on here who did a quick review and I think he said you do have to land hot. Yep here it is: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=venom+mustang. He said land at 20mph! Wow I bet I am gonna crash my first landing. Anyways i'll get the pics and stuff on the site and I think I am gonna order like 10-20 more for these prices I think they'll sell quick. See ya's.

Kyle
Kyle - lots of warbirds will tip easily. Hold your elevator full up until the nose raises on take off, and pretty quickly but gradually after landing. My 51" likes tripod landings - I'll ask unsuspecting guys at the field - "Hey what do you call this" while pointing to the nose cone - he says "Nose cone" - I say "No - it's the brake !". Heh ! Practice the approach at a fair speed and slide it in rather than dropping it in, and you shouldnt have much problem.

Merry Xmas guys !
Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old Dec 24, 2007, 07:23 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Thanks bro. This 450xt just ownz man. I would step up the prop, but I think I am near the limit of the lipos. I'll do a test again to be sure on the wattmeter.

For sure, post her up man.
I'll get some pics on how I mounted this camera.
I'll also do this again when it's sunny outside.
neighborhood are cool, all seem to like to watch =- or don't care.
Last edited by GFBurke; Dec 24, 2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
Farmington, NY
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Merry Xmas guys !
Vinnie

Vinnie,
I just noticed your in Rochester, NY. I'm right down the road in Farmangton. Where do you fly?
lextek is offline Find More Posts by lextek
Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
Kalispell Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY!
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGoFly
Kyle - lots of warbirds will tip easily. Hold your elevator full up until the nose raises on take off, and pretty quickly but gradually after landing. My 51" likes tripod landings - I'll ask unsuspecting guys at the field - "Hey what do you call this" while pointing to the nose cone - he says "Nose cone" - I say "No - it's the brake !". Heh ! Practice the approach at a fair speed and slide it in rather than dropping it in, and you shouldnt have much problem.

Merry Xmas guys !
Vinnie
Thanks for the advice Vinnie. Since this will really be my first plane besides the Aerobird or whatever it is called, I can use any advice I can get. Planes are very different from heli's and I am not thinking in any way I will be able to just fly this thing like I can fly my heli's now. But I guess I'll see.

Another question for you guys I just want to make sure I mounted this prop correctly. I take it it is kind of like a FP helicopter's blades. You mount it so the rounded part is away from the airplane and the positive pitch of the prop is spinning. Am I correct? It looks correct to me and makes sense. Just want to double check on here so I am not out flying and someone comes up to me and says, "well your prop is on backwards." Right Diggs ha ha ha, i busted up laughing when I heard you say that on the podcast. Sounded like something I would do. Merry Christmas Guys!

Kyle
RcSuperSales-Net is offline Find More Posts by RcSuperSales-Net
Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:53 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Ok, here is how I mounted the camera to the SS.
-CAed some CF strips to the camera. Just cosmetics, nothing els effected.
-That foam on the plane is more like permanent. That's what gives the angle down a bit.
-Two large zip ties. One under the main lens. One under the two back CF strips. CF is there so they don't slip off easy.
-Then a bag I made to velcro on. This holds the camera on (in case the ties came off) but also add padding. (and water protection in my case )

You can make a cage out of CF if you don't want to glue CF to the camera and use velcro strips. I may, ... so I quit wasting zip ties each time it comes off and goes on..
Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Just want to double check on here so I am not out flying and someone comes up to me and says, "well your prop is on backwards." Right Diggs ha ha ha, i busted up laughing when I heard you say that on the podcast. Sounded like something I would do. Merry Christmas Guys!

Kyle

Kyle,

The way I check my prop is to make sure the writing on the prop is facing forward, the direction the plane will fly. Since the war bird is a typical pull type setup, you will want to see the marking for the prop size out front. If the markings are on the backside of the prop and facing the fuse then it is backwards. For a pusher, you want the markings to face towards the front of the plane, so looking at the plane from the rear, you wouldn't be able to see the markings. With your stang facing you head on like it was going to fly into you, the marking should be visible. Hope that helps!!

OH and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Diggs
Closed Thread