Closed Thread
Old Dec 21, 2007, 01:55 PM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
Kalispell Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY!
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
I just checked out the video on the site for these and they certainly look fast. However, I bet they are a bear to land They look tippy at low speed and I bet they have to be landed hot... But that is just a guess. They also are typical warbirds in flight. You can see the altitude drop on a roll, and the roll rate seems a bit pokey. Still, they appear to be speedy and cheap! So I will wait and try it out before I make a final judgment.

Diggs
If I rememeber correctly there is a guy on here who did a quick review and I think he said you do have to land hot. Yep here it is: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=venom+mustang. He said land at 20mph! Wow I bet I am gonna crash my first landing. Anyways i'll get the pics and stuff on the site and I think I am gonna order like 10-20 more for these prices I think they'll sell quick. See ya's.

Kyle
RcSuperSales-Net is offline Find More Posts by RcSuperSales-Net
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2007, 02:01 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Do I get a warranty?
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Dec 21, 2007, 02:09 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Do I get a warranty?
I predict Burke's special landing technique!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 21, 2007, 02:11 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Weeee!

lol, ah man it's Firday.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 02:18 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Hold on, he did update the info on his landing. Seems he didn't get the CG correct on the initial flights.

"The plane did nose up a bit when I flew it last time despite carefully setting the CG where I thought it should be... but I was wrong. I tried mounted the battery pack about 1" farther forward and it made a HUGE difference. The plane is now vastly easier to handle and stunningly precise. Even landing was effortless."

Once you get the CG set right, maybe even Burke can land it

Diggs
Old Dec 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Hold on, he did update the info on his landing. Seems he didn't get the CG correct on the initial flights.

"The plane did nose up a bit when I flew it last time despite carefully setting the CG where I thought it should be... but I was wrong. I tried mounted the battery pack about 1" farther forward and it made a HUGE difference. The plane is now vastly easier to handle and stunningly precise. Even landing was effortless."

Once you get the CG set right, maybe even Burke can land it

Diggs
he he, and hopefully me. Efforless landing sounds good . I do remember reading that now. So just make you chave good CG like on a heli right? What do you do rap a rop around the wings . What's the best way to check Cg on an Airplane, cause I really don't want to make a Weight and Balance sheet for my RC Airplane

Kyle
Old Dec 21, 2007, 02:40 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSuperSales-Net
. What's the best way to check Cg on an Airplane, cause I really don't want to make a Weight and Balance sheet for my RC Airplane

Kyle
I use the finger tip method!

Usually a plane will balance somewhere between the LE to the middle of the wing. Place the tip of your index fingers(one under each wing) and when you get it to balance right on your fingertips, that is where the CG is.
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Dec 21, 2007, 02:55 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Typically the manual will provide a distance from the leading edge which indicates the location of CG. I normally use a permanent marker and put a small dot on the location the manual suggests, then it makes it simple to balance properly. I use the finger tip method also, but you can buy a balancer which holds the plane for you while you move things around to adjust the CG.

Diggs
Old Dec 21, 2007, 03:14 PM
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah I guess if I looked in the manual it explains perfectly how to achieve a balanced plane. Good to know. i also found this, pretty good info http://www.rcplanetalk.com/trim.html. man Now I am gonna have to learn new stuff geez it is never ending. No more planes for me though, this is it, yeah right

Kyle
Old Dec 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Review of J-Team wood FP blades is up and posted.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:08 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Enjoyed the review GF ! JPC gave a thumbs up on the woodies as well when he flew my compy hybrid FP. Still not sure why you didnt notice the difference in headspeed because it's VERY noticeable on mine (M24s VS. woodies). That difference also translates into 'WoW...shoots up like a rocket'

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Thanks~
Yeah, I figure they should. I just need to get it "out and about".
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:41 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Did a second flight video
Click on the video in there. Then hit pause. let it spool up.
Full screen looks good.
Last edited by GFBurke; Dec 23, 2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:10 AM
Creme Filled Pirouette
Pomona, Ca
Joined Jul 2007
904 Posts
Great video Jamie. The quality is stunnning. I love it when you cut off the power and kust let it glide. All you can hear is wind and servos buzzing.

BTW nice landing
xeispen is offline Find More Posts by xeispen
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:57 AM
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Any of you guys know if it is cool to run the AR7000 wihtout the satellite receiver. I don't think it will matter but just want to make sure. I'm gonna throw it on the Mustang Diggs, for now until I get the AR6100.

Kyle
Closed Thread