SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
I know man, I got a bit woozy. I need to get it up higher. Now I will with the new motor and larger prop.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
wow, what are you using for a camera? the quality is awesome.

you have some interesting neighbors. I noticed the round fenced in area with all the cars, and then the guy with the circular things all over his yard? Looks like round tiles ranging in size, but most looked like two feet across.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:37 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
I am working on getting the Jet review posted as we speak!
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:34 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Just flew the SS, with the flat bottom wing, and aileron mod! It is awsome! I highly recommend it.

I have not found out how it is inverted, cause it is dark, and I could just fly around where the street light is out back.

I was scared at first that it would not slow down as well, since the was not as much lift in the wing, but actually if you run flaperons, you can slow it down slower than what the stock wing would!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:45 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Ok guys the jet review is posted!
There a still a few other pictures(along with the video) which I will load over the next few days.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:14 PM
All electric, all the time!
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Ok guys the jet review is posted!
There a still a few other pictures(along with the video) which I will load over the next few days.
Very nice and the retracts look great!

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:56 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
Lonelasso,

I love that Taylorcraft 450 from E-flite. I would love to get one too!

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Chris,
Trying to decide if I want a spinner...what size would I need for a 11x5.5 APC on a 3mm collet ?

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:20 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Someone asked what my next plane would be earlier. Well, I went a little crazy this weekend and found a good deal from one of the local guys. The Pulse was not part of that deal, but I just finished programming it into the DX7 and tweaking the throws. Need to setup the dual rates and expo. The Tribute is ready. Just need to put her in the air and trim it out during the maiden. The Freedom 3D just has a motor and prop.

The BD-5 is airframe only at this point. Have 5 days off for the upcoming Christmas Holiday. So once I figure out the spinner and adapter needed for the Freedom, I should have all the parts I need. I will dig around the shop and see what I have for the BD-5. Should just need 2 Servos and ESC, Motor and RX. Going with a Mega 16/15/3 and a CC 45 to start. See how that does

So, there is your answer on the "next" plane. The Pulse and Tribute should both see the field this weekend.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:26 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
got ur patten ship yet?
SNIPE_53 is offline Find More Posts by SNIPE_53
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:30 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Nope... That is coming soon

Diggs
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
You are going to love the Tribute! What motor ya putting in it?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:33 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,413 Posts
Mini Pulse XT, Freedom 3D, Tribute FX, Cermark BD-5

My GWS Tigermoth 400 turned up in the mail today

yay
SNIPE_53 is offline Find More Posts by SNIPE_53
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:42 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
You are going to love the Tribute! What motor ya putting in it?

It came with the motor. It is a Razor 2500 on what appears to be a MPI gearbox. Also has HS55's and HS56HBs in it. I put one of Don's RC 30 amp ESCs in it and an AR6100. Static testing at half throttle says it is a bear. I think it will hover at just above half throttle. And at full throttle I was worried I would crunch the fuse because my grip was so tight. It has massive thrust!

Not sure what pack to fly in it though. Will test 1320's and 2070 TP packs. The guy I bought it from suggested 1320's, but I just don't see getting much flight time out of it with that. Need to slap the Wattsup! on it and get an idea of the current draw.

Diggs
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:52 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
It came with the motor. It is a Razor 2500 on what appears to be a MPI gearbox. Also has HS55's and HS56HBs in it. I put one of Don's RC 30 amp ESCs in it and an AR6100. Static testing at half throttle says it is a bear. I think it will hover at just above half throttle. And at full throttle I was worried I would crunch the fuse because my grip was so tight. It has massive thrust!

Not sure what pack to fly in it though. Will test 1320's and 2070 TP packs. The guy I bought it from suggested 1320's, but I just don't see getting much flight time out of it with that. Need to slap the Wattsup! on it and get an idea of the current draw.

Diggs
Well, if you ever feel like changing out motors, put a MicroDan 2510 3D in it!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:58 PM
All electric, all the time!
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelasso
Chris,
Trying to decide if I want a spinner...what size would I need for a 11x5.5 APC on a 3mm collet ?

-Dave
Our Hyperion's should work with a 3mm collet and in that size we would probably do the 32mm, but I don't think the collor would match and would probably look a little large on there. I would look for something like this, but it would need a longer shaft as this won't do a prop that thick: http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...ctid=3MMPADAPT

I noticed E-Flite makes a 3mm like this, but don't know how long it is. It does not specify.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Last edited by QuietRCFly; Dec 18, 2007 at 12:03 AM.
Closed Thread