Thanks
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:19 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
554 Posts
Chris, Excellent pod cast..
Okay I'll ask here, but maybe I should go to the dev thread, how does blade length affect the calculator? or does it at all?
Scott
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old Jun 23, 2007, 04:14 AM
0 Carbon fp? don't breed!
www.dhrc.rchomepage.com Gloucester/Cheltenham Gloucester, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Oct 2004
2,161 Posts
No worries, I posted for you in the dev thread here
DarkHorse is offline Find More Posts by DarkHorse
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:34 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
New mini Show!! Finless episodes

We have an exciting announcement!
Finless Bob will be doing "mini episodes" for InsideHeli.

Check out the first one and let us know what you think!

Thanks
Jamie~
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:24 PM
Heli AV8R
Illinois
Joined May 2007
54 Posts
could you interview some of the heli pro's like alan szabo?
Auron is offline Find More Posts by Auron
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:10 AM
0 Carbon fp? don't breed!
www.dhrc.rchomepage.com Gloucester/Cheltenham Gloucester, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Oct 2004
2,161 Posts
> Finless Bob will be doing "mini episodes" for InsideHeli.
Bottom line: COOL
DarkHorse is offline Find More Posts by DarkHorse
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Interview these guys for your next podcast!!!

http://www.airthunder.com/
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2007, 02:16 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Ep #9 is up!

Introduction to InsidePlane!
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:56 PM
Redmond, WA
Joined May 2007
41 Posts
Hey Chris and GF Burke, I just found your podcast a few days ago and have been having fun listening to them in my car to and from work. Great job!! Only problem was when I burned them to CD the order got all screwed up, so I'm not listening to them in order.

Anyways, on one podcast Chris mentioned he was looking at buying a larger heli and mentioned the Hurricane 550. I'm also considering that heli, so I was hoping to hear more about it. But the next episode I listened to (whichever one that happened to be), Chris said he had purchased a Swift.

Just curious what changed your mind? I'm not regularly on this forum, do you have a thread about your thoughts and reasons for going with the swift?

The Hurricane first intrigued me because it can use 2 of my Trex batteries, but after reading more about it the past couple days, it looks like that might be for very basic flying only.

I guess I'm just looking for options to bump up to the next size. I've been flying my Trex 450 for about 3 months and progressing along nicely into simple 3D stuff. I considered the Trex 600, but I think it might be a bit big for the local field I fly near my house. The Hurricane 550 (or similar) looks like the perfect size for me, I'm just having problems figuring out which heli, and with what options (specifically motor and battery combos). I don't need to do crazy 3D or anything, just relaxing sport flying, with some easy 3D thrown in to keep things interesting.

Maybe you could do a show comparing the 550 size heli's, and pros and cons as best you know?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
WhirlingBladesOf is offline Find More Posts by WhirlingBladesOf
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
554 Posts
Keep'm coming guys, Just bought a coffee
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
Hey, thanks for the kind words!

Ultimately I chose the Swift because it was more of a "known quantity" with a more solid network of parts suppliers.

As time goes by, it looks like the Hurricane 550 may end up with quite a few dealers as well, but at the time I purchased the Swift, there weren't very many. Amazing what can change in one month!

From what I've read and seen, the Hurri will do the kind of flying you describe, right out of the box, even with your T-Rex packs. The Swift should have crazy power the way I'm setting mine up (Z30-1100 motor, 6S 4000 packs).

I guess the final push for me towards the Swift was the fact that the Approach Engineering Cobra scale fuselage was designed around the Swift mechanics, and I really want to have one of those bad boys.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Jul 03, 2007, 10:16 AM
North Carolina
Joined Apr 2007
115 Posts
Chris ,jamie I love the podcast it has helped alot can't wait until next episode
Jonasj828 is offline Find More Posts by Jonasj828
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:09 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Ep #10 is up.

J-Team interview.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:57 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
Hey, thanks for the kind words!

Ultimately I chose the Swift because it was more of a "known quantity" with a more solid network of parts suppliers.

As time goes by, it looks like the Hurricane 550 may end up with quite a few dealers as well, but at the time I purchased the Swift, there weren't very many. Amazing what can change in one month!

From what I've read and seen, the Hurri will do the kind of flying you describe, right out of the box, even with your T-Rex packs. The Swift should have crazy power the way I'm setting mine up (Z30-1100 motor, 6S 4000 packs).

I guess the final push for me towards the Swift was the fact that the Approach Engineering Cobra scale fuselage was designed around the Swift mechanics, and I really want to have one of those bad boys.

-Chris
Hiya Chris !

Was wondering if you've started the Swift build ? Where did you find the Cobra fuselage ? Really enjoyed the interview with J-Team !! Excited to hear the 5 mm shaft is being considered and the options that'll be available to everyone that has/had a Compy !

Hope it's ok to post recent pics of my MX ?

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:14 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Thats one sexy bird man!
Closed Thread