HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 16, 2007, 08:17 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSuperSales-Net

SO any tips, hints, tricks, mods, or upgrades I should know about. How bout the wheels, can I upgrade those. Anything ALLErc.com sells I can get, like GWS, Hyperion and all that good plane stuff I have no clue about . The Airplane is basically ready to go. I am gonna throw my AR7000 in it until I put that in my swift and then I will put in the AR6100, my MP 2100Mah 11.1V 15c Li-Po and call it good. That sound okay? From what I can gather setting up the plane is pretty easy compared to a heli, am I right? Aileron, Elev, Rudder, adn Throttle correct? Well any help is greatly appreciated guys and I will let you know how it looks and how it fly's. I am just gonna get rid of these for cheap and keep one. See ya.

Hi Kyle !
I've bought my first plane...http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...ts/Taylor.html and have been following the thread...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748841 My build is basically complete...waiting on the motor (JGF 450XL). The build was pretty straight forward and no problems. All in all...an excellent ARF kit from E-flight ! From what I've read, it's gonna be S W E E T to fly

-Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Last edited by Lonelasso; Dec 16, 2007 at 08:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2007, 09:50 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Come on guys... get a SlowStick LOL
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Dec 16, 2007, 09:53 AM
V=IR
Virginia Beach, VA
Joined May 2005
786 Posts
Slow Stick COG...

Hey fellows, I heard you talk about putting the battery packs as far forward as you can on the SS. If you have to do that to balance, so be it, but if you can get the entire thing to balance with the battery pack centered on the COG, you are then free to switch out to lighter or heavier packs with no change in COG. Mine is setup so, and I can also mount other stuff at the same point. Note the Bomb dropper:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523884

Matt
mcsarge is offline Find More Posts by mcsarge
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:52 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Yeah, that's a good idea for sure.

Btw, a JGF 450XT is about to go into my SS.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:58 PM
All electric, all the time!
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Thought I would pop in and say hi. Edge5foamy told me about the thread and site, so I thought I would check it out

I sell online as well at quietrcflying.com and Edge5foamy recently did a review of our Hyperion Sniper. Thanks!

Like the Slow Sticks! I don't have one now but have flown them in the past. I will probably get another for flying at the park. My son is building one too, so we can fly together. I should add them to my website too.

Lonelasso,

I love that Taylorcraft 450 from E-flite. I would love to get one too!

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Old Dec 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Yeah, the motor I just put on the SS was actually the one out of the Sniper. I am fixing to put that motor back in the Sniper, and order one of these for the SS.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 01:31 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Yeah, the motor I just put on the SS was actually the one out of the Sniper. I am fixing to put that motor back in the Sniper, and order one of these for the SS.
If you like the crazy power, try one of these.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=2106

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 16, 2007, 02:08 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,032 Posts
Is it that good? I just had one delivered Friday...
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:16 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photohikedive
Is it that good? I just had one delivered Friday...
Well, I haven't compared it to many other motors, but it is my favorite SS motor for sure.

Diggs
Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:18 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Ok, I dont have the ailerons installed, but I got the blucor on the bottom of the wing done, and just got done flying it.

Flew good. I am thinking it should 3D very well after I get the ailerons on!
Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:30 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Well dangn't all you you guys. Talking about all these planes and stuff I decided what the hell, I may as well get one.

I picked up 4 of those Venom Park Fighters the Mustangs and I am keeping one for myself Of course I tell my wife, I have to test out the products. Hell all it needs is a Receiver and Battery. From what info I could find it sounds like an okay Deal. Check it out at Venom's Site: Mustang Park Fighter

What do you guys think? This dude who owns a few airplanes said it easily goes over 50! Sounds fun. I fifgured it would be a way to relax from flying the helis . I can fly airplanes no problem on a sim so i am thinking it shouldn't be to bad in real life. We'll have to see I guess.
Wow, seems like a great deal. Anywhere to check out the specs on it? I assume this is a foamy? Any idea of the wingspan? Looks like a good setup and an awesome price. Gotta love a plug n play And welcome to the world of fixed wings.

Quote:
SO any tips, hints, tricks, mods, or upgrades I should know about. How bout the wheels, can I upgrade those. Anything ALLErc.com sells I can get, like GWS, Hyperion and all that good plane stuff I have no clue about . The Airplane is basically ready to go. I am gonna throw my AR7000 in it until I put that in my swift and then I will put in the AR6100, my MP 2100Mah 11.1V 15c Li-Po and call it good. That sound okay? From what I can gather setting up the plane is pretty easy compared to a heli, am I right? Aileron, Elev, Rudder, adn Throttle correct? Well any help is greatly appreciated guys and I will let you know how it looks and how it fly's. I am just gonna get rid of these for cheap and keep one. See ya.

Don't really know enough about it to give advice on it. The 7000 is way more RX than it will need and the 6100 should be perfect. Setup is pretty simple on a plane. I would say it is easier than a heli anyday. Make sure your control surfaces are flat, and should move equal distances each direction. Aileron is the toughest. To get good axial rolls you want to make sure they move together evenly so one travels up the same distance the other travels down. Let us know how it does, I might pick one up since it is so cheap!

Quote:
Now I am gonna have to hear it from the guys at the heli club. Our club shirt say "Airplanes are for those who can't fly Helis!" Well hell, or how bout "Those who Can Fly, Fly Both" . Yeah I like that better. Maybe I'll make my own Club Kyle T-Shirt.
Haha, A plane is far more relaxing IMO. hopefully they won't give you the boot

Diggs
Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:31 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Ok, I dont have the ailerons installed, but I got the blucor on the bottom of the wing done, and just got done flying it.

Flew good. I am thinking it should 3D very well after I get the ailerons on!

Did you try to roll it? If you have enough throw on the rudder, it should do a slow one. Don't try it low

Diggs
Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:37 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Ok, did my first AP video today

also, got on the JGF 450XT data
Have yet to try to fly..hehe.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:53 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Did you try to roll it? If you have enough throw on the rudder, it should do a slow one. Don't try it low

Diggs

Actually, when I built a new rudder from blucor a few weeks ago, I think I made it too small, and I have very little throw.

Also, it has been blow15-25mph today, so I did not get it very high, or far away from me.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 05:03 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Ok, did my first AP video today

also, got on the JGF 450XT data
Have yet to try to fly..hehe.

Wow man, the camera does a nice job. Good quality on the vid. It almost made me motion sick

Diggs
Closed Thread