Old May 02, 2007, 11:04 AM
Freezes when panicking
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Mar 2007
261 Posts
Discussion
Blue Arrow 5ch Nano Rx & Esky 8g Nano Servos

Hello fellas,

I'm thinking of purchasing the above Rx & servos to use in my EP parkflyer, the ArtTech Wingdragon and the GWS SlowStick. has anyone used this Rx & servos before? any thoughts/experiences/reviews? are they any good?

here's the linkies:

Rx: http://ozhobby.com/applications/cata...beed2c6896933b

Servos:
http://www.twf-sz.com/english/products.asp?prodid=0102

would appreciate any feedback given. TQ!
daniirwan is offline Find More Posts by daniirwan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2007, 11:47 AM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
I have had good results with the Blue Arrow receiver.

You have to remember that it is a single conversion, short range receiver and can have interference issues when flying close to other transmitters. Generally keeping thge model 20 ft or more from other people's transmitters prevents the close range interference issues.

It has plenty of range for a true park flyer... that means a small model that you won't even think of flying more than 300 ft from yourself.

The ESky servos that come with the HoneyBee CP2 and HoneyBee FP helis are OK. I have other cheaper ESky servos which you will not want. The bad ones are SLOW taking appx 1 second for full travel. That makes them useful only for actuating lights or something that is not a flight control.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old May 02, 2007, 11:29 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,574 Posts
I had two blue arrow receivers that I purchased from Hobby-lobbby. They were so bad I had to return them. Glitching was terible and they would absolutely loose signal around 300 feet.

I returned them for an excellent receiver, the Hitec Micro 5S

Sorry, but that was my experience.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old May 02, 2007, 11:45 PM
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
actually... sounds like the RX worked as designed... its really meant for use under 250 ft. Fly a slow Stick in a baseball diamond infield with it... that sort of thing.
Old May 03, 2007, 03:11 AM
Freezes when panicking
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Mar 2007
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhuber506771
I have had good results with the Blue Arrow receiver.

You have to remember that it is a single conversion, short range receiver and can have interference issues when flying close to other transmitters. Generally keeping thge model 20 ft or more from other people's transmitters prevents the close range interference issues.

It has plenty of range for a true park flyer... that means a small model that you won't even think of flying more than 300 ft from yourself.

The ESky servos that come with the HoneyBee CP2 and HoneyBee FP helis are OK. I have other cheaper ESky servos which you will not want. The bad ones are SLOW taking appx 1 second for full travel. That makes them useful only for actuating lights or something that is not a flight control.
Thanx for the feedback fhhuber hmm, i didnt' know about the 300ft range limitation on the Blue Arrow Rx. think i'll skip on it since I ultimately plan to make my SlowStick/Wing Dragon into aerial video platforms.

may i know which model of the Esky servos comes with the HoneyBee CP2? is it the same one as in the link in my post?
daniirwan is offline Find More Posts by daniirwan
Old May 03, 2007, 05:10 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhuber506771
actually... sounds like the RX worked as designed... its really meant for use under 250 ft. Fly a slow Stick in a baseball diamond infield with it... that sort of thing.
Sorry but that is not the case.

Hobby-Lobby advertises these receivers as 700 feet minimum, so I would have to disagree. While I think 700 feet would have been more than adequate for my plane, 300 is not.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/receiver.htm

Glitching should not be part of any receiver's design.

I did not mention it but they are supposed to be auto shift as well, but I was never able to get that to work on one of them.

If you do a search of Blue Arrow, you will find lots of posts documenting very poor results from these. I can not recommend them.

While I don't generally use GWS receivers due to their short range, the GWS 4 channel I had in a pico tiger moth worked fine and never gave me any trouble. I would choose the GWS over the Blue Arrow any day.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; May 03, 2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old May 03, 2007, 12:07 PM
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
my GWS and blue arrow RX's behave identically... Same max range. Same issue of glitching when too near to other people's transmitters.

I use Blue Arrow crystals in the Blue arrow RX and GWS crystals in the GWS RX's