HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2001, 03:22 PM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan
Mississippi 31 years , Now Kotzebue , Alaska 12
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
ep concept up grades

Hi, just wondering if there is anyone out there that did this to there concept, its a Gas-powered heli's mixing arm and swash plate and heres what you order
List of required parts

Kyosho Concept46/30: H3307 :mixing lever (D) (1800yen=about15USD)

Kyosho Concept46/30: H3304 :mixing base (1800yen)

Kyosho Concept46/30: H3103 :4 bearings * 2sets (2200yen*2)

Kyosho EP Concept : EH-39 neway shaft.

Thunder Tiger Rapter: a swash plate

In addition, a metric pipe (length 15mm/ inner diameter 7mm /outer diameter 8mm) and some linkage rods with appropriate length.

Tony

misskimo is offline Find More Posts by misskimo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2001, 05:41 PM
Columbus, MS, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,291 Posts
Gonna do it... maybe?

So, I'm talking with a local who has these parts used for a reasonable price. Anyone else done this mod? What improvements did you get?

I'm interested in it to improve the precision of the mechanism... the stock washout unit seems to have a LOT of slop... I have to reset the blade tracking at the beginning of every flying session.

TIA!

Greg in Minneapolis

P.S. Here's more info on it:

http://www.dokidoki.ne.jp/home2/tohr...-3/mixarm.html

P.P.S. Tony, I already have the aluminum tube to adapt it... let me know if you want a piece to do this yourself.
gstew is online now Find More Posts by gstew
Last edited by gstew; Dec 25, 2001 at 06:09 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2001, 10:56 AM
Canton, Michigan, United States
Joined Nov 2000
334 Posts
The new Concept EP SS

Have any of you heard of the newer "SS" model?

It is supposed to have a better motor and some upgraded parts. I have the basic model on my bench right now and was wondering if anyone knows what they did to upgrade it and is it worth it or should I do the upgrade Misskimo did?
Frankenator is offline Find More Posts by Frankenator
Old Dec 28, 2001, 11:45 AM
Columbus, MS, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,291 Posts
Frank,

SS stands for 'seesaw' as in seesaw head. That and a more powerful motor are it's main upgrades.

Here's a link to a little discussion about that head:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=21344

Greg in Minneapolis
Old Dec 30, 2001, 08:57 PM
Columbus, MS, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,291 Posts
I DID IT!

I got the last piece I needed, the EH-39, by borrowing one from an EP Concept that's owned by one of the LHS's. They let me pull the part and order a replacement.

It all went in well... needed to resize links going onto the metal balls of the washout unit and swash, then just a little adjustment of the links to the blade grips to get the mid-stick pitch about 0.

The hardest part, as alluded to by Tohru's webpage (referenced above), was drilling the hole in the washout base for the pitch slide rod. That took all of 10 minutes... I did it by hand and drilled one on either side and used the one that looked to be the most exact.

The mech's move really smooth and have a substantial and sturdy feel that is missing in the stock washout unit and swash.

I won't post pictures... it looks the same as the pic on Tohru's site. I do hope to fly it tomorrow... our local indoor site is supposed to have some free time in the early afternoon before they close for New Year's. With luck, my need to re-track most every flying session is now gone! Gawd, that was almost as annoying as waiting for my Piccoboard to arm when I had a Piccolo!

Report tomorrow!

Greg in Minneapolis
Last edited by gstew; Dec 30, 2001 at 09:03 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 10:38 PM
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey

cool , Now I need to get the upgrades , yeh , can you send a piece of that tube , enough to do the swash too , cool , man I need to break out my concept , I have a spair bl motor laying around , the borchert with a kontronics speed controller , Tony
Old Dec 30, 2001, 10:47 PM
Columbus, MS, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,291 Posts
Got yer address

I checked and I still have your address from when I was gonna buy your Eco (guy who bought it still doesn't have it ready to fly... man, he's slow. I even lent him an old mech gyro I had around and gave him a 10 tooth pinion to get it going!)

I'll try to get it out tomorrow, but if not, then Wednesday. I'll precut you a piece just ready to go.

I hope it'll fly as good as it looks. Then I'll put on some MS Composit CF blades!

Later!

Greg
Old Jan 02, 2002, 12:53 PM
ohio, youngstown
Joined Sep 2001
329 Posts
GREG & TONY,
I was also looking into this mod. I am extremly sick of retracking every flight, its even worse because of using different battery packs 1700 -2400 the weight really throws off the tracking.
Please post your flight reports.

and greg thanks for the gear they seem to work ok, we now have snow on the ground so I now have another problem to deal with. I got some good flights this past weekend but got caught in some wind gusts and am now on my last set of rotor blades.

Jon
jschick is offline Find More Posts by jschick
Old Jan 02, 2002, 09:32 PM
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey

man , Jschick . I never had any problems with the blades before as for out of track , did you try the woodies ?
Old Jan 03, 2002, 08:48 AM
ohio, youngstown
Joined Sep 2001
329 Posts
haven't tried the woodies yet but will be ordering a set this weekend, when I got the heli I ordered 3 sets of the foams and I am on the last set. I understand it is a different heli on the woodies, but that mod is really good from what i have read.

thanks
JOn
Old Jan 03, 2002, 09:14 AM
South Whitley, IN
Joined Nov 2001
25 Posts
jschick>>

Please tell me where you are getting the woodies along with the part number.

Last week I cut down some old 30 size and man, what a mistake. The head broke apart and the other blade shattered my composite boom. I don't see the composite boom listed anymore

Fred
squirrel is offline Find More Posts by squirrel
Old Jan 03, 2002, 01:35 PM
ohio, youngstown
Joined Sep 2001
329 Posts
Fred,
well i checked with tower and the partnumber i had is discontinued lxw643 or eh-83??? I know their are other placed to get them, but do a search here. I will probably get them from www.ishiimokei.com
Old Jan 03, 2002, 01:54 PM
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey

yeh , he has everything and also cyberheli has then too Tony