HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Chino Tom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:04 PM
Chino, CA
Joined Dec 2006
140 Posts
Discussion
The end

This Spitfire flys better than I do. My lack of experience is pretty obvious. Glad I never fly my RV this way! Again a foggy morning and an imaginary FW 190 was on my tail. The low level roll with a pitch up. He must of missed the tree, I didn't. There is no way I was close to that tree, right? These fly so nice I'm ordering another one.
Chino Tom is offline Find More Posts by Chino Tom
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:11 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss and the missed opportunity with the bogie.

Will
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old May 01, 2007, 12:18 AM
Chino, CA
Joined Dec 2006
140 Posts
Thanks! Spit out of stock for a replacement. Going to be the bogie soon. Ordering a FW 190 tomorrow!

Tom
Old May 01, 2007, 12:40 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,104 Posts
Did you get it out of the tree?
If not you can use a slingshot to get it down. Here is how I did it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669986
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old May 03, 2007, 05:13 PM
I fly therefore I crash
Torrance, CA
Joined Sep 2006
919 Posts
Tom, You are going to get it right? I'm sure your thinking the same thing. Don't let that thing go. Every now and again this happens at my flying field and some guys from the city go up and get it with their ladder truck. Also the slingshot works wonders. Any and all means, any and all means

Fletch
fletchace is offline Find More Posts by fletchace
Old May 05, 2007, 09:50 PM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
Fishing rod and a bunch of lead weights and some patience will get that down! I wouldnt walk away from that beautiful spit! How about a horsehoe tied to a line and swung classic slingshot style. Get it in the right branch and give her a good shake. You can get it down!

I once caught my old slow stick in a tree about 40' up. A neighbor with a good football arm knocked it out eventually.
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
Old May 06, 2007, 09:55 AM
Chino, CA
Joined Dec 2006
140 Posts
it is still up there. The house that the tree is in is now vacant. I think I'll try the fishing line and weights. Thanks.
Old May 11, 2007, 08:48 PM
Joined May 2004
371 Posts
I've heard a lot of suggestions when I got my Super Star stuck HIGH, HIGH in a tree. Your best bet if those other ideas don't work, b/c they probably won't...is hire a tree climber. I called around and a guy came and climbed the tree (he is a professional climber/arborist) and got it right out with no harm to the plane. He charged me $25. Not bad. He had all the equipment and went right up the tree no problems and the branches were thin, much smaller looking than the tree your plane is stuck in. So hopefully this helps. Now go get that plane! Because if you give up on it, let me know...I'll drive over there and see if I can get it out...if I get to keep it of course! LOL!

Nick
Nickerz is offline Find More Posts by Nickerz