HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2002, 07:24 PM
Columbus, Indiana
Joined Dec 2001
287 Posts
F22 Raptor Flys Inverted, into trees...

Must be losing my depth vision, I could have swore I was in front of the trees. Anyway, I wiped out the entire rear end, both stabilators, the pylons that hold/support the stabilators, verticle fins, etc.

My question is has anyone tried to cut the ailerons out on the wings and use them as elevons instead of using the stabilators for control surfaces? Really isnt much wing area to begin with. (I think they are the same wings used in the Wattage Mirrage)

Or, make it an aileron and elevator controled craft? there are enough pieces left to fashion a make shift elevator out of the old stabilators.

Any suggestions or sympathy will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick
rtucker is offline Find More Posts by rtucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2002, 09:46 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
I had mine modded up to run ailerons as elevons. 2 HS-55
servos. I also epoxied the stabilators on and used a speed 400 direct motor. It flew okay in this setup.

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Oct 22, 2002, 09:48 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
PICS PLEASE. Lets see the Carnage! if we were to see what you have to work with....You knowthersaying a picture is worth.....

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Oct 23, 2002, 10:10 AM
Columbus, Indiana
Joined Dec 2001
287 Posts
Dave

Thanks for the info, the modd's are in process!

Kush

You sick-o... lol.... I wish I would have had my camera, the craft was lying on its back in some branches about 20 ft off the ground. I tried to get it down by powering up the Hacker but a branch was in front of the stearable nose gear and the craft would not move. It sure was making the branches sway though. Using some throttle managment and a 20 ft pole, I was able to free the poor little F22 from its perch, unfortunately, I missed catching it on the way down. Did I mention that I will also be reshaping the nose of the craft...

Thanks Again,
Rick
rtucker is offline Find More Posts by rtucker
Old Oct 23, 2002, 10:15 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Don`tya just hate it when you miss The out of the "Treecatch"?

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22