HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Chino Tom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 05:13 PM
Chino, CA
Joined Dec 2006
140 Posts
Discussion
Flight mishap

Still learning the "alfa toss" it seems. Flight two resulted in an immediate crash. Not enough power or too wimpy of a toss. Anyway, 10 yards and then boom. Thought i was going to find a mess, but only a cracked wing.
The spar seemed intact so a little foam safe CA (finally had to buy some) and a little touch up paint. Which by the way, Testor's Model Master is not a close match to the Alfa paint, it is much darker. i also added a 3/8 inch wide piece of clear tape to the inboard leading edge. You can just see it it the pics. The next flight was a lot better. I've dialed back the expo on the airlerons to 35% and increased the d/r to 85%. The roll was just to sluggish with the initial setup. At speed there is plenty of elevator authority so I left that alone for now. Once I figure this thing out, I'll buy another one that I can try and keep perfect. I really like the flat finish suggested by Dora 9 although I had issues (paint crinkling) when i sprayed it.
Chino Tom is offline Find More Posts by Chino Tom
Last edited by Chino Tom; Apr 27, 2007 at 05:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts