SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2001, 03:25 PM
Dro
Langhorne, PA, USA
Joined Apr 2001
1 Posts
Yet another newbie wondering what to buy...

Okay folks, here's one I can see has come up a million times, but I'm gonna' ask regardless.... Bottom line: I want an electric heli. I've never flown one, and I've only flown planes about 5 times. Granted I feel confident in my flying abilities, but I have no idea what to buy. I like the idea of a micro-electric (especially the 4-channel radio part). I've narrowed it down to the Piccolo, the Hornet and the LMH. I've heard the Pic is strong, but not so great to fly, I've heard the Hornet flies great, but it's a pain to repair, and I've heard the LMH is strong and great to fly, but all I see on the website is a Gas version, no electric. Can someone PLEASE help me sort this out?
Dro is offline Find More Posts by Dro
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2001, 03:54 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
I have it on good authority that www.velocitymodels.com will soon have a conversion kit for the LMH and an Aveox motor. This would be a great setup for you. The way everyone converts it now is to use the Aveox motor and directions from the article here on the ezone, you can find the conversion article in the review section.

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Apr 26, 2001, 04:03 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
Read the thread below on the same subject!
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk