Shanghai
Joined Nov 2006
76 Posts
New Product
Hobby radio control sailboats Monsoon900

R/C SailBoat Series
"Surmount" and "Monsoon" are both our brands which body is made of
fiberglass(FRP) with reinforced plastics, it is more smoothly and
brightly. It has high strength and resist to be eroded.
Mast is made of high strength aluminum alloy and surface is
oxygenation treatment. Use professional whole assembly structure to
increase voyage performance and efficiency. It's very easy to assembly
or adjust by yourself.
The sail is made of high density terylene fabric less retractility and
the angles are strengthened. The deck is decorated with some plastic
fittings which is formed with body in one injection.
"Surmount" and "Mousoon" full of attractive of its size and weight,
they are good exhibits in the room or shopwindow. Clipper-built figure
has good voyage performance whatever from light wind to high wind or
from out door amusement to sports match. They will take you a lot of
voyage fun.

Monsoon 900 Specification:
1. Body: Fiberglass, Length: 900mm, With pretty decals -With full accessory;
2. Height: Mast height: 1300mm, total height: 1800mm;
3. Mast: Mast is made of high strength aluminum alloy and surface is oxygenation treatment;
4. Ballast: Environmental iron casting Molding, weight: 1.6kg;
5. Sail: high density terylene fabric, sail area: 0.38M2;
6. Net weight: 2.8kg;
7. Gross weight: 5.5kg;
8. Package Size:1000*250*200mm3.
9.Servo:2 servos that controls sail which enables real sailing Frequency: 27 mhz

Monsoon Net weights 2.8kg include ballast weights 1.6kg, So the ballast ratio 57.14%. The Monsoon's design dosen't copy any other famous brand and the boats level fit for hobby beginners.

http://stores.ebay.com/CHINA-RC-ZONE
Or you can directly visit our primely website http://www.rc-zone.cn and our online shop http://shopping.rc-zone.cn

They are all very good price for this level boats now. And we are trying to sale to foreign countries. I think the price will be rised when some foreign agents established.

The boats can be shipped to all over the world and delivery cost will changed according destination place. This price include servo, sail servo and radio control. You can play it at once and don't need to buy any other parts. Most of delivery serve will be on EMS.

If you want to buy it you can find it in Ebay or direct to contact me. I'm Caiser and my skypeID:caiserjiang . MSN:TJL110@HOTMAIL

Others, we will chose a lucky member from rcgroups to do testing of our sailboat. If you want it, please reply this topic.
caiserjiang is offline Find More Posts by caiserjiang
Last edited by caiserjiang; Jun 13, 2007 at 07:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Caiser Jiang, please don't take this as purely critical, but the English translation of both the general description and technical specifications is not to the same high standard as the boat itself.
e.g. Is the backstay really oxygen treated (anodised?) aluminium or is this for the mast?
Is the ballast really cast iron? Its size relative to the rest of the boat and weight make me wonder whether it may be lead.
Are there really two servos controlling the sails or is it just one with the other controlling the rudder?
What accounts for the 2.7 kg difference between nett and gross weights?
martin richards is offline Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
China Sailor
Shanghai
Joined Nov 2006
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
Caiser Jiang, please don't take this as purely critical, but the English translation of both the general description and technical specifications is not to the same high standard as the boat itself.
e.g. Is the backstay really oxygen treated (anodised?) aluminium or is this for the mast?
Is the ballast really cast iron? Its size relative to the rest of the boat and weight make me wonder whether it may be lead.
Are there really two servos controlling the sails or is it just one with the other controlling the rudder?
What accounts for the 2.7 kg difference between nett and gross weights?
I'm so sorry for my bad English( ) and thank you for attention my information.
Now I can reply your questions as below:
1. Mast is oxygen treated and aluminium. Backstay is aluminium. (you can find in pictures).
2. Ballast is really cast iron and not lead.
3.There are really two servos to control the sails and ruder not only one.
4.Gross weights = boat's body net weights + ballast + other accessory like radio control + package like carton.
Last edited by caiserjiang; Apr 26, 2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 02:45 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,062 Posts
Nice try Martin,

I guess the solution is for you to learn chinese and do the translation yourself...

Nice boat though, would be a nice base to modify into a Saphir companion.
Haven't been able to find it on eBay, if you (or anyone) have a link, please let me know.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Apr 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
China Sailor
Shanghai
Joined Nov 2006
76 Posts
ebay search link is "http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=Monsoon900"

Maybe you also interest "http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=surmount800"

Or "http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=triumph800"

They are all very good price for this level boats now. And we are trying to sale to foreign countries. I think the price will be rised when some foreign agents established.
Last edited by caiserjiang; Apr 26, 2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cedar Glen, CA
Joined Jan 2006
228 Posts
Ebay feedback score is just a bit too scarry for me
Bob
Bob Starr is offline Find More Posts by Bob Starr
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:03 PM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
967 Posts
Looks quite nice at first glance.

Paul.
mrfirkin is offline Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Old Apr 27, 2007, 07:43 AM
China Sailor
Shanghai
Joined Nov 2006
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Starr
Ebay feedback score is just a bit too scarry for me
Bob
Maybe I can send the boat to you first then you give me the money. I trust RCGROUPS' members.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 08:45 AM
Cedar Glen, CA
Joined Jan 2006
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caiserjiang
Maybe I can send the boat to you first then you give me the money. I trust RCGROUPS' members.
Very good answer, it is a good looking boat
Bob
Bob Starr is offline Find More Posts by Bob Starr
Old Apr 27, 2007, 09:24 AM
Broughty Ferry, Dundee, Scotland
Joined Feb 2006
127 Posts
Come on Guys, do the sums.

Monsoon 5.5kg gross 900mm OAL 0.38m2 sail area 1.6kg bulb, therefore ballast ratio 29.1%

IOM No2 rig 4.0kg gross 1000mmOAL 0.375m2 sailarea 2.5kg bulb therefore ballast ratio 62%

Who is kidding who? I would tend to think that it will be a bit if a slug.

Forget the aesthetics, think of the practicalities. A burping fish will blow it over.
Ralph
isisagoodun is offline Find More Posts by isisagoodun
Last edited by isisagoodun; Apr 27, 2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
That's why I asked for clarification about nett and gross weights. If the 2.8 kg nett weight is more or less ready to sail without electrics, then adding batteries, servos and a receiver should bring it up to 3.0 kg approx and the ballast ratio would be 53%. Obviously it's not going to be IOM class but may be a match for something like the Sea Queen, which it "resembles" somewhat.
The photo of it sailing, though, in a very light breeze, does show more angle of heel than might be expected.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:40 PM
Joined Feb 2006
127 Posts
I read that the net weight quoted, is without the ballast, electronics, batteries, etc. therefore my 'sums' will give a ballast ratio of 29% because Ballast ratio is Keel Weight devided by Gross weight. Ballast ratio is an indication of stiffness and righting ability. Ballast ie batteries,servo's etc, near the metacentre, (point at which the hull rotates when heeled), will not give very much righting moment, (leverage), and my 'sums' were only taking into account the ballast bulb, which on the Monsoon, looked about at the same draft as the bulb on an IOM, of which I have four, plus an old Marblehead.

Cheers

Ralph
Last edited by isisagoodun; Apr 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 01:21 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
There are obviously problems of understanding. I believed the gross weight to be the shipping weight of the whole box. Presumably, no-one is going to sail the boat with the packaging material/transmitter/instruction manual etc. on board
I reckon the ballast ratio will end up being similar to other kit boats and to try and compare them with IOM's, M's etc. is a tad pointless. After all, there are probably as many Victorias, Fairwinds, Micro-Magics, Nirvanas, Lasers, V-32's etc. as there are boats sailing the recognised racing classes.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
Joined Feb 2006
127 Posts
When I did Naval Architecture as part of my Marine Engineering 'Ticket', Gross Weight of a vessel was the Net Weight plus the cargo it was capable of carrying plus the onboard stores and fuel and water in its tanks, all of which 'brought it to its 'marks'. Now, that was many years ago and I will stand corrected if this is wrong. I can't remember any ship being delivered 'in a box', except if you can call a building dock, 'a box'! I've been in quite a few very large ones!!
Now on re reading the spec again I was astonished to find that the packaging WAS included in the builders Gross weight. even so when you add up the net hull, ballast weight and the electronice and batteries, the ballast ratio is still around 40% if you take 1.6kg as the keel righting force.

Cheers

Ralph
Last edited by isisagoodun; Apr 27, 2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Kit boats generally come in a box
What do you take the nett weight (2.6kg) to be: boat with or without ballast? Not what it should be in naval architecture, but what logic makes you think was meant here.