SOmeone say SIZE DOESN`T MATTER !
meatbomber is offline Find More Posts by meatbomber
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2007, 01:10 PM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
Just stumbled onto this bird, linked from your blog. Very cool looking Waterplane. I've been wanting to build a waterbird for a while. This looks like the one for me. Saved all the files and hope to start soon. Do you have any video of it in flight?
Water Boy is offline Find More Posts by Water Boy
Old Jul 31, 2007, 01:18 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,342 Posts
nope sorry... i had trouble recrouting a photographer so video was out of the question maybe next week when i`m back in klatovy... usually almost every 2nd skydiver has a camera so it should be no problem to get one
Old Jul 31, 2007, 01:21 PM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
Printing the pages for the 66% version as I type. Unfortunatly Depron is not readily avail. here in the States. So I'm going with blucor foam, its roughly 6mm thick and works very on curves.
Water Boy is offline Find More Posts by Water Boy
Old Jul 31, 2007, 01:41 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,342 Posts
if i could give you an advice... i would build the full size first.. it`s still pretty small but it flies very well ! The small one needs to be built very very light i don`t know if it`ll work in 6mm blucor..
Old Aug 06, 2007, 05:15 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,342 Posts
some update on the Puddle 200... or the Puddle Monster which seems more appropriate as a name
so far now i have all the bits and pieces ready and am installing the RC components. all up weight without the landing gear (it`ll have retractable landing gear... at least that`s in the planning ) i`m at 1390g with 3S2P 2200 mAh pack (3S 4400mAh) that`s pretty cool, puts it right at the same wing loading as the original Puddle Twin.

i hope to be flying tomorrow or day after tomorrow lates !

Cheers
MB
Old Aug 06, 2007, 05:44 PM
B'ham UK
Joined Oct 2005
2,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbomber
some update on the Puddle 200... or the Puddle Monster which seems more appropriate as a name
so far now i have all the bits and pieces ready and am installing the RC components. all up weight without the landing gear (it`ll have retractable landing gear... at least that`s in the planning ) i`m at 1390g with 3S2P 2200 mAh pack (3S 4400mAh) that`s pretty cool, puts it right at the same wing loading as the original Puddle Twin.

i hope to be flying tomorrow or day after tomorrow lates !

Cheers
MB
Next step is a Pond....Duck, Mill -Twin...............take your pick
Great idea she should fly even better than the original Congrats!
Airboatflyingshp is offline Find More Posts by Airboatflyingshp
Old Aug 07, 2007, 08:48 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,342 Posts
it flies !

Super super slow, power is awesome, full throttle takeoffs are out of teh water in about 5 feet, slow scale takeoffs are nicer thou

Loops can be done from level flight. The wing is supe stall resistant. The current Config with 1 3S 2200mAh pack weights 1300g approximately and flies for a good 15 mins.
Old Aug 07, 2007, 01:02 PM
United States, WV, Martinsburg
Joined Dec 2005
358 Posts
Grats on the maiden flight, now you have the complete set
Good going
habutti is offline Find More Posts by habutti
Old Aug 07, 2007, 06:30 PM
e-powered foam
swiss watch makers area
Joined Dec 2002
812 Posts
Cool MB, congratulaions !
Love that look and with those flying qualities it may become the plane to teach my son !

rawy
rawy is offline Find More Posts by rawy
Old Aug 08, 2007, 07:00 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,342 Posts
thes is certainly a great training plane ! the big one flies at just abit faster than walking speed
i'm thinking about cutting ailerons into the wing, it loops very nice and even flies inverted but rolls are not possible, ailerons would make crosswind landings easier too, as with the big side area it tends to crab a lot into the wind and you have to be carefull of waterloops if you do high speed touch and goes

i went to GWS 8x4 props now and it still flies with authority, it won`t climb vertical but can hang on the props for quite some time. Unfortunately the ESCs still get VERY hot even tho the motrs and battery stay luke warm.
Old Aug 08, 2007, 07:09 AM
United States, WV, Martinsburg
Joined Dec 2005
358 Posts
Let us know how it flies with ailerons
habutti is offline Find More Posts by habutti
Old Aug 08, 2007, 07:25 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,342 Posts
hmm i`ve been thinking about the ailerons... but i don`t see any easy way to incorporate differntial throttle and ailerons at the same time with the TX i have.. maybe i`ll stick with no ailerons for a little longer.. i`ll see when i install the tail wheel, maybe it`s enough to have it work like a water rudder and i won`t need a differential throttle then.
Old Aug 08, 2007, 07:41 PM
New to Electric RC
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2007
9 Posts
Hey MB,

Very nice plane. I'm interested to build one. I'm very new to RC and have just built (and now repairing) my first attempt, a Hyperion chipmunk on floats. Steep learning curve huh ! Are you a jump pilot by chance for your day job ?

Nev.
littlepilot is offline Find More Posts by littlepilot
Old Aug 09, 2007, 03:08 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,342 Posts
I can remember when i started float flying with a GWS beaver and yea it IS a steep learning curve, on floats more so than with a flying boat!

And yes i'm jump pilot, i use teh bad weather days on our tour through europe to build the Puddle twins, on the go so to say.
This is my office