HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2007, 04:39 PM
Heli novice
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
38 Posts
Discussion
I went brushless on my Blade CP Pro!!!

I finally got my brushless conversion done. All I can say is HOLY S**T, what a difference. I'm going to have to learn to fly my Blade CPP all over again. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes. The thing took off like a rocket, and fly's for almost 15 min on an 1100 pack. Best decision I ever made! I also scrapped the direct drive tail and did a dual tail motor mod. It holds great, and still gives me better controll than one motor. I can't wait until Friday, when I get my new HH gyro. I feel the same way I did when I first took it out of the box and gave it a spin. I was thinking about upgrading to a Trex, but that can wait. I'm in love all over again.

Brian
briherpman is offline Find More Posts by briherpman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
thats great news Brien. im also thinking of going brushless with my blade cp. but i gotta make my choice of iether going BL on my blade CP or getting a Belt CP man this hobby is adicting

Jakub
RC flight is offline Find More Posts by RC flight
Old Apr 25, 2007, 05:32 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Wich motor and stuff did you go with? I have a pro with all eflite stuff and i dont like how long that brushless 370 motor is, i have to hack the canopy up just to get it all to fit.

I kinda want a short can inrunner 370-380ish same power and stuff as the eflite but in a shorter can.

Do they make anything like this?
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Apr 25, 2007, 05:45 PM
Heli novice
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
38 Posts
I went with the E-flite park 370, a Castle Creations 20a ESC, the stock 9t pinion, and an 1100mh 3 cell lipo. I made my own Y harnesses because my lhs wanted almost $20.00 for both, and I had the parts so it cost me nothing. The 370 fits fine on mine. It's actually smaller than the stock motor. I' ve got a Telebee gryo on order, and will have it installed on Friday.

Brian
Old Apr 25, 2007, 05:50 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Well then what the hell is it that i have? mine is huge and i hate it.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 05:52 PM
Moorefield, WV
Joined Feb 2007
45 Posts
@ RC flight - Why not just do both at once? At Helidirect, they have the belt CP kits with motor, ESC, servos and gyro all in one package. I was seriously considering it but decided just to upgrade the tail to a GWS direct drive with a HH gyro, at least I'll have my gyro and Tx when I upgrade to something bigger.

EDIT:
Actually I am unsure about the Belt CP. Is it just an upgrade or a heli itself? It looks like it needs a lot to be remotely flyable. Do you know if it is possible to just use the CP's electronics in the Belt CP (of course using the included electronics also).
SinxarKnights is offline Find More Posts by SinxarKnights
Old Apr 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
The belt cp is a new heli altogether. It is bigger, mini size like the TRex. You really would need beefier servos on it to get cyclic right. Realistically you will need complete electronics and radio for this one. There simply is a lot of tuning needed.

To be honest, I'd go for a low model TRex rather than a Belt CP. That's where most people would head anyway when it comes to mini helis.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Apr 25, 2007, 06:12 PM
Moorefield, WV
Joined Feb 2007
45 Posts
Thanks for that info Gino CP. After reviewing that Belt CP kit that is what I was thinking. Ima just stick with my DD tail and HH gyro and continue to save up for that T-Rex.

Again, Thx a lot Gino.
SinxarKnights is offline Find More Posts by SinxarKnights
Old Apr 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
expert heli pilot wanabee
United States, CA, Los Banos
Joined Jul 2006
2,240 Posts
nice move sinxar i am selling almost all of my micro cp's ryt now cause i have flown a trex and the tail authority and how it flies is like night and day even on the cp pro with dd and hh gyro but im considering the esky king v2 its a belt drive. I think they still consider that as a micro
siryan is offline Find More Posts by siryan
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:02 PM
Heli novice
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
38 Posts
@ Bower...The first pic you have is an inrunner park 400. If I'm not mistaken, the third is an outrunner??? Is the middle pic a stock motor (it looks that way)? The Park 400 is a little bit bigger than the 370. Maybe that's why it won't fit well. Surely there's a way to cut down the canopy to makr it fit. Anyway, I'm loving brushless!!!

Brian
Old Apr 26, 2007, 02:59 AM
Keep'em Spinning High!
Miami Florida
Joined Feb 2007
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64
Well then what the hell is it that i have? mine is huge and i hate it.
The big tall motor is an E-flite Brushless 400 inrunner, probably a 4200kv motor.
The short stubby one looks like a 370 outrunner.
Without closer inspection it would be hard to tell.
DeliriousIntent is offline Find More Posts by DeliriousIntent
Old Apr 26, 2007, 03:09 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Whats the difference between the 370 and the 400? i need a link to read about these.

I like the size of the outrunner but i dont like the idea of the can spinning in ther eunder the canopy. I can just see it wearing the coating off a wire and it shorting out. A hard landing or a crash can reposition a wire or somthing and then it wears a cpot in the receiver or what ever.
Old May 21, 2007, 09:15 AM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
840 Posts
Can anyone direct me to a thread with detailed instruction on how to build the dual tail motor mod?
blade thrasher is offline Find More Posts by blade thrasher
Old May 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
Australia, SA, Para Hills
Joined Oct 2006
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade thrasher
Can anyone direct me to a thread with detailed instruction on how to build the dual tail motor mod?
I'm not sure anyone has done a detailed how-to guide, more of just a general discussion of different techniques.

There are a couple of photos of two solutions here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2&page=2&pp=30

The CP2 and Blade mods sticky thread at the top of the forum has lots of info, but requires a fair bit of reading. Start looking on page 4 and page 18.

Also try Tribologist's blog for a how to soldering the motors together:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=63085
Phos is online now Find More Posts by Phos