HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2002, 02:01 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Is thisa Good sign or a Bad sign?

Ok Here i am setting up another Wing (VT) and My parents come into the the house thereis the Viper sitting on the work bench in full veiw(i was not supposed to get any new wingsor planes) and theyjust go about there buissness Now ussually when i get something new there are a few questions this time NOTHING Now thoughts running through my head were do they realize this is NEW? or do they think i am REPAIRING something old? Well I finished putting the Elevons on and quietly put it away in my bedroom . HMMMM Now is this a good sign or a bad sign. Havre i just got too many planes for them to realize it is new and is this good or bad? LOL!! I think this question is like the Chicken or the EGG .

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2002, 03:37 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
I'll let ya in on a little secret.....when you get married, it gets worse!

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Oct 21, 2002, 05:53 PM
Ceredigion, Wales.
Joined Oct 2000
349 Posts
Well Dave, speaking as a wife whose home has recently become the "Depron Centre of the Universe", I put the blame firmly at the door of Fiddlers Green, with some added input from Tyson

Since this amazing discovery, he has been like an alcoholic in a brewery, I've downloaded, resized, drawn up and stuck together umpteen bits of paper, and wielded my trusty packing tape dispenser to cover said depron prior to cutting out.

Am I complaining, no. Would I have things any different, no.

Mrs Arthur
Arthur is offline Find More Posts by Arthur
Old Oct 21, 2002, 05:54 PM
Oxford, MS
Joined Apr 2002
1,134 Posts
Maybe they've realized that trying to hold back a RC addict is useless.
Hopperfly22 is offline Find More Posts by Hopperfly22
Old Oct 21, 2002, 06:09 PM
Ceredigion, Wales.
Joined Oct 2000
349 Posts
I gave it up as a lost cause years ago, I also have my own addictive hobby ...............horses, which take up just as much time and are a tad more expensive!!

Mrs Arthur
Old Oct 21, 2002, 06:09 PM
the journey is the reward
Canada
Joined Apr 2002
1,535 Posts
There is no treatment! lol

HH

ps a good sign for sure.
Hammer Head is offline Find More Posts by Hammer Head
Old Oct 21, 2002, 06:24 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Mrs. Arthur, my wife is into horses as well. We have registered
Morgans that she shows. Of course, if I fly over the practice ring
when she is riding, she gets a bit terse!!!

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Oct 21, 2002, 08:20 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Well all I can say is it is better this than dope or boozing it up. Since becominga Para i and myfamily have seen alot of people in chairs head from those Two things post trauma sooooo I think they are quite happy to let me keep on spending...As longg as when one comes one goes.

Kush
Old Oct 21, 2002, 11:08 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,205 Posts
Ummmm, Mrs. Arthur?

If you ever get tired of Mr. Arthur...
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Oct 21, 2002, 11:11 PM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts
Re: Is thisa Good sign or a Bad sign?

Quote:
Originally posted by kushal_22
Ok Here i am setting up another Wing (VT) ... Now thoughts running through my head were do they realize this is NEW? or do they think i am REPAIRING something old?
Kush,

Reminds me of a gardening tip I once saw:

A gardener had problems with someone taking his garden hoses. Each time he'd buy a new one and leave it out in the yard, someone would soon steal it.

His gardening tip to stop this thievery was to put bands of electrical tape all over a new hose. Once the hose looked like it had cut up by the lawn mower, he found that the thieves didn't have any more interest in his hoses. Problem solved.

My suggestion would be to put tape and bandages all over the plane and the folks will pay it no mind. Pull the tape off to go fly your new plane and re-apply the tape before going home.
Gary Warner is offline Find More Posts by Gary Warner
Old Oct 22, 2002, 02:45 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
LOL!! Good thought! I found out they Just GAVE UP. I knew i could wear them down!! Now just to do that with My Fiance!!

Kush
Old Oct 22, 2002, 03:00 AM
Ceredigion, Wales.
Joined Oct 2000
349 Posts
Dave, please don't put ideas into his head, mind you I think he's well aware of the fact that if he tried a stunt like that he would probably have to have both plane and transmitter surgically removed. As I have a Quarter Horse, I don't think he'd get too far before I caught up with him

Mrs Arthur
Old Oct 22, 2002, 03:37 AM
Ceredigion, Wales.
Joined Oct 2000
349 Posts
Hi Kushal, simple answer, take her flying
But don't behave as Arthur did recently, I had misjudged the hand launch of his Mirage, catching my fingers in the carbon prop which broke on about the third hit. I stood there in the middle of the field dripping blood, where was Arthur ? Cradling his model in his arms complaining that I'd broken his prop

Mrs Arthur
Old Oct 22, 2002, 12:56 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
That does Hurt doesn`t it? I know i have been there! Mine was on a LAUNCH though and it was a APC (Steak Knife on a Blender) My Prop did not break though Just sliced up my hand.

Kush
Old Oct 22, 2002, 01:30 PM
EFlight=Fun,Big-T=BIG FUN
San Antonio, TX, USA
Joined Jan 2001
964 Posts
I have been there too - dripping blood wondering if I broke Wally.

My wife, you is the cause of our (father and son) addiction - she demanded we do something together outdoors and ACTUALLY - from her mouth, no prompting - suggested model airplanes. When I said that could be expensive, she handed me one of her paychecks!
Recently, we (Father and son) came home from an event with a kit under arm, she rolled her eyes and demanded "How much did that cost?".
My 10 year old replied with that condescending tone only a 10 year old can manage "Mom, we are being good boys. We are doing just what you said, outside together. We WON it!" I just gave her my best big, innocent “kid in a candy store” grin.
Bernard “Crash” Siegel
P.S. For 1 ½ years BEFORE she demanded we do something together outside, I had been leaving S&E Modeler, AMI, MAN, RCM, etc all over the house with little notes like “COOL!”. But she DID say the fateful words without prompting. SO IT’S ALL HER FAULT!
bjsiegel@texas.net is offline Find More Posts by bjsiegel@texas.net