HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:15 PM
Italians Do It Better! :)
Italy
Joined Mar 2004
203 Posts
Discussion
XPS 2,4ghz system and FDR..?

Hi, i'm going to switch my radio system to 2,4ghz anytime soon. I think i will buy the XPS product. I'm wondering if anyone already tested FDR systems (including Eagletree himself ) with 2,4ghz radios.
Bill, have you done some tests with those systems? If so, have you had any problems?
I must take a decision to buy it or not, and this feedback could be decisive.

Thanks to all who reply!
merengue is offline Find More Posts by merengue
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2007, 09:49 PM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,064 Posts
Why would the FDR affect the radio system? or vice-versa?
What I would like to see is being able to use the XPS's telemetry system and eagletree's FDR together, so you downlink all the data while airborne.

-Hugo
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Apr 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
Italians Do It Better! :)
Italy
Joined Mar 2004
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeone
Why would the FDR affect the radio system? or vice-versa?
What I would like to see is being able to use the XPS's telemetry system and eagletree's FDR together, so you downlink all the data while airborne.
Hi hugo. XPS system is bidirectional, thus both radio and rx are actually transmitters. Besides that, i mean i would like someone just test them and say "ok, i've done it. They works togheter". That's all! I would not mean they shouldn't work. Actually, i think they do, but none have tested yet afaik.

merengue is offline Find More Posts by merengue
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:33 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Merengue,

We have not yet done tests or seen test reports with XPS, but have lots of customers who use the various other 2,4ghz radios with our systems. Of course, a range check is always mandatory when combining/changing equipment.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2007, 06:41 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,492 Posts
Yesterday I flew at my club field. Only one other person was there, and he had a DX7.

I flew with my Pro Recorder and transmitter and asked for him to do a glitch check before either one of us flew.

No problems whatsoever.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp