HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Dukester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:13 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
541 Posts
Rant
Trader feedback ratings

Decided to drop the rant.
Dukester is offline Find More Posts by Dukester
Last edited by Dukester; Jul 28, 2009 at 04:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2007, 04:40 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
...hence the message on the feedback page that says something like "Take with a grain of salt..." or something like that. If it's an aberration in your feedback, it can easily be explained to prospective buyers or sellers.

Still, if you've done no wrong, it sucks that you have a poor feedback response now.
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
stevo
monster maryland
Joined Feb 2007
498 Posts
that sucks but some people are just jerks
spitzelder40 is offline Find More Posts by spitzelder40
Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:02 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
541 Posts
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. But my reputation, even a virtual one, is very important to me.

In an online community like this, I would argue that your reputation is the most valuable commodity you have here.

Duke
Dukester is offline Find More Posts by Dukester
Old May 03, 2007, 10:14 AM
TRP
United States, CA, Morgan Hill
Joined Jun 2002
3,688 Posts
I think that 60 votes of positive feedback speaks for itself. I think it'd be a much different situation of you had a feed back of 2, and one of them was negative. You've been an active member since you started with the group in 2003 and this is the only negative feedback? - again that says WAAAAY more than one retaliatory comment from one seller.

This is how I look at it - When I see that someone has one negative vote in a long string of positive votes I check the original For Sale thread to see what went wrong. In this case it's clear that you felt there was a problem with the original item and the buyer (you) tried to resolve the issue before leaving feedback. After a suitable amount of time without resolution - you had to resort to telling it like it was in your user feedback. When I see something like this I just write off the negative feedback as retaliation from the original seller. This may not be the case, but it can also fall into the category of you can't please everyone.

Just my dos pesos,
Ted
TRP is offline Find More Posts by TRP