SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2002, 11:44 PM
Joined Sep 2002
7 Posts
Discussion
Dumas Bonanza Model 35, kit# 318.

I plan to build the Dumas Bonanza Model 35, kit# 318 as an electric RC with six (6) channel control - Yes, six! Four channels for the tail and wing surfaces, plus micro retracts and throttle. And, yes, I am using a computer radio to do this.

Before I begin construction I thought I'd toss this ambitious plan out here for some feedback. So please share your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Craig
Crash-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Crash-N-Burn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2002, 12:10 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
You sound rather sure of yourself. I guess you must know what you are doing then. What kind of comments are you looking for? I guess all I would say is that if you are a very skilled modeller then you might just pull it off. If you are a beginner then god help you because it certainly will be a challenge.
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Oct 21, 2002, 10:57 PM
Joined Sep 2002
7 Posts
Gerald,

I'm looking for a challenge and as you observed, this should be it.

What kind of comments am I looking for, you ask? I'm not going to say because that would taint the comments I might get. I'm glad you took the time to share your opinion about my ambitions, and because yours is the only comment posted so far, then that makes it also the best comment I have - Thanks!

Craig
Crash-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Crash-N-Burn
Old Oct 22, 2002, 01:46 AM
Happy happy, joy joy!
Portland, Oregon, USA
Joined Jun 2001
623 Posts
OK I'll bite

Some might consider that choice of username in poor taste...

But anyway the Dumas kits are very nice. I don't have the Bonanza, but I built a Mr. Mulligan that came out great. I powered it with a GWS drive and LiPolys, I don't think that would work for your project though. I went for as light as I could get. If you can get 5 HS-50s (lightest "normal" servo I can think of), then you're going to have a pretty high wingloading.

The Bonanza is about the same wingspan. You'll have to do some beefing up of the structure if you're going to fly it with a stronger motor (and beefier batteries). It would need to scoot to stay airborne.

Sounds fun though... let us know how it turns out.

-Todd
Goge is offline Find More Posts by Goge