HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2007, 03:53 PM
Joined Apr 2007
35 Posts
Discussion
Does Eflite transmitter work with FMS???

Hello, I have a Blade CX2 heli and so I wanted to use the remote with FMS. I downloaded Smartpropoplus so that I can use a mic cable to hook it up to the PC. Since the transmitter has the channels mixed is there a way to unmix them so that it works for planes in the sim?? Thanks for any help..

Mike
bobafet1 is offline Find More Posts by bobafet1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2007, 04:07 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Have a look at the Smartpropoplus website ( http://www.smartpropoplus.com/BlueAndGrey/default.asp ) it mentions the two versions of ccpm mixed encoding that it can handle. I have no idea of the protocol the Blade TX uses, but if there is no means on the TX to switch out the embedded eccpm mixing and the protocol is not supported by the virtual joystick software then you're out of luck I'm afraid.

Edit: - just did a quick search and there are several posts where people are using the USB interface for this type of TX and FMS ( http://www.milehighwings.com/usb_cables.htm ) -
Quote:
The new third generation interface adds support for CCPM transmitters shipped with E-flite Blade CP and ESky HoneyBee CP helicopters:

* Our proprietary "un-mixing" algorithm implemented in the new microchip firmware un-couples CCPM-mixed channels and yields the true control deflections, understood by any flight simulator. This CCPM mode can be turned on or off, so that the same interface can be used with any supported transmitter listed below (an additional cable adapter is required to use the interface with a transmitter with different trainer plug).

The latest, 3.2, version of the interface also supports 6-channels Walkera transmitters sold with Dragonfly helicopters (please read this information regarding compatibility of different Walkera models) as well as E-flite Blade CX-2 transmitter (LP5DSM).
Looks like your only option is to spend $40 !
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Last edited by Malc C; Apr 22, 2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
Joined Apr 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C
Have a look at the Smartpropoplus website ( http://www.smartpropoplus.com/BlueAndGrey/default.asp ) it mentions the two versions of ccpm mixed encoding that it can handle. I have no idea of the protocol the Blade TX uses, but if there is no means on the TX to switch out the embedded eccpm mixing and the protocol is not supported by the virtual joystick software then you're out of luck I'm afraid.

Edit: - just did a quick search and there are several posts where people are using the USB interface for this type of TX and FMS ( http://www.milehighwings.com/usb_cables.htm ) -

Looks like your only option is to spend $40 !
Thanks for the info..
Old Apr 22, 2007, 05:10 PM
Joined Apr 2007
35 Posts
ok, back to the first problem I was having then. I have a cable that I bought 3 years ago to hook up my hitec tx to FMS. Now that I found the cable and I tried hooking it up but I can't calibrate the tx..none of the bars move at all. My cable is a 15 pin pc connector that plugs in my tx with the hitec adapter. Does anyone know how to get this to work??? thanks
Old Apr 22, 2007, 06:17 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
OK now I'm confused, are you trying to use the Blade TX with the three year old interface, or are you using your old Hitec TX as well ?

In a nutshell:
Traditional transmitters send the stick positions out of the trainer port as a series of pulses. These pulses are between 1ms and 2ms in duration depending on the position of the stick for each channel. This pulse train is repeated every 20ms as can be seen in the trace from my JR TX below

On the more expensive mainstream TX's you set up any channel mixing in the transmitter. By default all channels are seperate so that when you apply collective on a heli only a servo connected to CH6 will move. You therefore have to set the TX up so that when you move the collective stick the pitch, elevator and ailerion servos all move as one to move the swashplate and thus increase / decrease the pitch. On these TX's that get bundled with these so called ARTF helis from the far east, the ccpm mixing generally is pre set in the tx and you can't disable it, this is why you are having problems calibrating it

Most sims like to receive pure seperate PPM data from the TX ( like that that would of been transmitted from the Hitec TX) rather than a mixed signal, mainly as you can then calibrate each channel and then map it to what ever action you want in the sim. If you can't take out the mixing in the TX then you have very little chance of calibrating the TX in the simulator.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 08:49 PM
Joined Apr 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C
OK now I'm confused, are you trying to use the Blade TX with the three year old interface, or are you using your old Hitec TX as well ?

In a nutshell:
Traditional transmitters send the stick positions out of the trainer port as a series of pulses. These pulses are between 1ms and 2ms in duration depending on the position of the stick for each channel. This pulse train is repeated every 20ms as can be seen in the trace from my JR TX below

On the more expensive mainstream TX's you set up any channel mixing in the transmitter. By default all channels are seperate so that when you apply collective on a heli only a servo connected to CH6 will move. You therefore have to set the TX up so that when you move the collective stick the pitch, elevator and ailerion servos all move as one to move the swashplate and thus increase / decrease the pitch. On these TX's that get bundled with these so called ARTF helis from the far east, the ccpm mixing generally is pre set in the tx and you can't disable it, this is why you are having problems calibrating it

Most sims like to receive pure seperate PPM data from the TX ( like that that would of been transmitted from the Hitec TX) rather than a mixed signal, mainly as you can then calibrate each channel and then map it to what ever action you want in the sim. If you can't take out the mixing in the TX then you have very little chance of calibrating the TX in the simulator.
thanks for the tech tid bit...it was very informative...I was first trying to use the Blade TX but then switched to the Hitec. I read your other response just now on the other thread I posted. So, I think Im going to get a new cable or make one.

thanks
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Have a look on the DIY Electronics section if you want to make your own controller. If you have access to a PIC programmer then check out then sticky in that forum
Old Apr 23, 2007, 01:01 PM
MD, US
Joined Nov 2000
80 Posts
GWS USB FMS Cable****Retail $10.00

Do the search in RCGroups...
Can't beat that price ...
My .2
Jim
RCJimmy is offline Find More Posts by RCJimmy