HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2007, 05:49 PM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Joined Jul 2002
24,049 Posts
Dek ... underwater ... I kinda' know how you feel ... Hope the Queen is more generous with repairs than King George...
Can't you get a program to print your own plans at home (or work ) much less dear than the print shops...???
MS ...40" ???
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:55 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Yeah Gpw. I can print them but then I have to tape them together, and tapes expensive here...!
I usually make 2 plans, 1 to cut up for templates and 1 to stare at..!!
Our queen isn't any more generous than your president. The govenment is even encouraging developers to build where it floods. But I think you also know all about corruption.
dekan is offline Find More Posts by dekan
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:25 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
...But I think you also know all about corruption.

How dare you insult our politicians like that! Especially Louisiana politicians!

heh
msmith is offline Find More Posts by msmith
Old Jul 23, 2007, 05:48 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Joined Jul 2002
24,049 Posts
Dek...Tape is expensive ??? How about gluing them together??? Is that expensive too ??? Overlaps on the tiled sheets should make that possible...

Politicians ... no need to go there again , you all know(by now)how I feel about them ...
Developers... they're just "scum " ... responsible for most of our problems here... both flooding and "cultural"... no need to explain , it's OBVIOUS...!!!!
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Jul 23, 2007, 07:51 AM
Build 2 Bounce!
Birmingham, UK
Joined Jul 2006
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
What do you use to cut the slot for CF rods in EPP?
I'm sure there are loads of different methods, but I used to use a ruler and a soldering iron to melt a channel in the foam. It's not ideal, cos the fumes are nasty so i've just treated myself to one of these : http://www.dremel-direct.com/acatalog/Dremel_Tile.html and a 3.2mm high speed cutting bit :http://www.dremel-direct.com/acatalo...ed_Cutter.html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith
A 30" w/ a 1700KV Blue (grey) wonder would also be cool
How about trying one of the higher Kv UK versions, maybe a 2500 or a 4000 Have you tested either of them yet? I still haven't found a cool use for mine yet.
firetrappe is offline Find More Posts by firetrappe
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2007, 08:45 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetrappe
...How about trying one of the higher Kv UK versions, maybe a 2500 or a 4000 Have you tested either of them yet? I still haven't found a cool use for mine yet.
Oooh... I forgot about those... I've read somewhere though that the 4000kv ran up to 17 or 20 amps on a 4x4 prop... I was going to test mine, but if it was too hot then I was going to rewind it w/ 9 or 10 winds of single strand... Just gotta see how it turns out. The 2500kv however is a DEFINITE candidate... on the other hand, I've got a nice 12 CDROM motor that would really do this nicely.

-ms

***Edit: On the other hand (or OTOH for you geeks ) We've experienced some issues with pushing epp profile foamies 'too fast' (see the Skyray thread). If I build this one out of epp, then I may have to go ahead and 'take it easy'. If I use the green guard (my favorite for fast, profile planes) then I think it would take just about any motor I could throw at it... FB (flying buddy) G's 'Green' Albacorde did 68mph w/out any negative 'speed' issues.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 09:14 AM
Build 2 Bounce!
Birmingham, UK
Joined Jul 2006
1,660 Posts
MS - It might be the data that I posted about the 4000kv that you remember. Those readings were running them in pairs though, a single would pull half the amps.

Here's another EPP cutlass type model that you might like, it's called the EPP Rocket V2 (sounds good don't it ).

Check out the video here : http://www.indoorpylon.de/videos/epprocketv2.wmv

The little bugger lives up to its name
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetrappe
MS - It might be the data that I posted about the 4000kv that you remember. Those readings were running them in pairs though, a single would pull half the amps.

Here's another EPP cutlass type model that you might like, it's called the EPP Rocket V2 (sounds good don't it ).

Check out the video here : http://www.indoorpylon.de/videos/epprocketv2.wmv

The little bugger lives up to its name
on the motor data... I truly don't remember where I saw it... Just remember that I saw something approaching 20 amps on a 'more or less' cdrom motor and it just wasn't worth my time... I'll definitely test it before I rewind it though... If it stays under 13amps on a 4x4 then I'll keep it as is...

on the 'epp rocket'... I didn't realize from the picture how small it really is!
50cm or just under 20 inches... in the video (for those of you who wouldn't normally bother to go view...) the pilot takes off w/ no landing gear from the floor (indoor gym / basketball court). Just gives it the gas, starts to slide along, and eventually hops up... very cool...

-ms
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:18 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Thanks for the info Si. I have a dremel fret saw, its about 20years old, I gave it to a friend when I quit modelling about 18years ago.
He gave it back to me when he quit about 5years ago....!
I may have invest in a dremel handtool any recommendations?
Like the indoor Cutlass
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:35 PM
Build 2 Bounce!
Birmingham, UK
Joined Jul 2006
1,660 Posts
dek, I managed to pick up a bargain earlier in the year. If you're very lucky you might find one of these in stock near you : http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...atalogId=10651

I think a lot of the Dremel gear is overpriced, but the B&D range are compatible with all the Dremel accessories and are usually cheaper.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:26 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Thanks Si. I have looked on the Argos web site.... no stock . I have emailed you the delta info.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:40 PM
Build 2 Bounce!
Birmingham, UK
Joined Jul 2006
1,660 Posts
I thought it would be a long-shot if Argos had any left. I just got your email, Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:45 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Ok Si, I hope the wing center chord info makes sense
Old Jul 24, 2007, 09:31 AM
Slow is beautiful
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2004
174 Posts
This is one nice looking plane! I do love big speed envelopes.... especially the slow end

Any start point for the CG? doen's seem to be in the plans...

Thanks!

Alex.
Alex Slowfly is offline Find More Posts by Alex Slowfly
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:45 PM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
448 Posts
COG is 11 1/4" from tip of nose. I am using 3 cell 650 packs.

This was a windy day flight. With weak old battery and different prop.
It can fly real fast and as you see it can slow down to a crawl.
There are some more videos on You tube.

EPP Cutlass RC Parkflyer 3 (3 min 54 sec)
tomcor is online now Find More Posts by tomcor
Last edited by tomcor; Jul 26, 2007 at 11:51 PM.