HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
East Yorkshire UK
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
Alert
What has happened Mr. Lin?

Today I received my latest copy of "Quiet and Electric Flight International" and, as uaual, looked at the back page. BUT. No GWS full-page advert And, when I cast an eye over the list of advertisers - GWS was not listed

What has happened I think that GWS has to advertise, especially in this mag. I am sure it is distributed on the continent as well as the UK. I feel that you may lose a lot of business because of this

Cheers

Ian
molders is offline Find More Posts by molders
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2007, 06:00 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,694 Posts
I got my issue of BackYard Flyer yesterday and wondered the same thing when there was no GWS advert. Maybe they took a month off of advertising?

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Apr 20, 2007, 06:58 PM
'Riders fan.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Joined Mar 2004
1,165 Posts
My conspiracy theory of the day.

I know that a couple of my local hobby shops will not put any GWS advertising in their store, and at least two of them will not carry GWS product. Why?

Engrish.

They're really fed up with the poor quality of the grammar and spelling in the material.

My guess is that magazines may be starting to push back to have the ads redone with correct spellings and grammar. Printing an ad that is that poorly done reflects on GWS certainly, but it also reflects on the magazine.

Again, just my little theory.
David Winter is offline Find More Posts by David Winter
Old Apr 20, 2007, 07:03 PM
Minnesota
Joined Nov 2006
227 Posts
just my 2 cents but the engrish isnt all that bad...i mean atleast they have pictures...the worst engrish is the movie initial d omg ..they dont even spell it right
ChasetheACE is offline Find More Posts by ChasetheACE
Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:06 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
The USA sales managing staffs sugesstions and their own planning....

They are standing on their view point. They feel the cost performance are better in other ways? When art-work group always had done too many mistakes....
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:04 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
.................. When art-work group always had done too many mistakes....

You're right there!

Remember though that GWS gets next to no other exposure in the press in the UK - can't speak for anywhere else. Latest flight review in one of the UK magazines is the 262 - the CCLee version - just what you need when the GWS 262 - significantly less in price and significantly better in performance has just hit the shelves.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Apr 21, 2007, 03:03 PM
East Yorkshire UK
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
I heartily agree Roger. I was also thinking about the CC Lee 262 which is nowhere near the GWS, especially in looks. It is too long and thin and has a cross-section nothing like the GWS which, IMHO, is far superior and actually looks like a Schwalbe.
I also agree about the exposure given to GWS in the modelling press. Come to think of it, the only time I have seen GWS mentioned recently was in the articles about the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2007

Cheers

Ian
molders is offline Find More Posts by molders