HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2002, 10:28 AM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Joined Jan 2001
1,104 Posts
Looking for plans for an aerobatic indoor depron plane (Minsai or similar maybe?)

Iīm looking to build something new in depron as the indoor season begun today with the first meeting. As usual everyone thought my old And Now had real stunning performance as they are used to Picosticks and similar planes. I however want to build someting new.

I have seen Martin Müllerīs Minsai planes and would love to build something like that in moulded depron. I basicallt want something that looks somewhat like a real airplane and has good performance (it definately has to be able to prophang), preferable with a fully symmetrical airfoil.

Iīve seen plenty of nice depron planes with "real" (not the stick-type) fuselages but havenīt found any plans at all.

/Erik
Erik Johansson is offline Find More Posts by Erik Johansson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2002, 10:52 AM
Schipperskerk, The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2001
374 Posts
Erik we in Holland have modified the And_Now. We enlarged it by 1.1 and added a longer fuselage. The fuselage is made of 5 mm carbon tube. The wing is still from Depron and the ailerons are flexed up a little bit. We are also using a mechanical mixer to let the ailerons work to gether with the stabilizer. As engine/gearbox we use a speed 300 with a 5.5:1 gearboxand a 9x4,7 or a 10x4,7 orange GWS prop. With this combo we can do almost unlimmited aerobatics. (no knife edge possible)
Theo coenen is offline Find More Posts by Theo coenen
Old Oct 19, 2002, 10:58 AM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Joined Jan 2001
1,104 Posts
My And Now is just slightly modified. I made the fuselage 50mm longer because I thought it was way too short

Itīs working well but I want to prophang

Also Iīd like something that looks a little more like an airplane.

/Erik
Erik Johansson is offline Find More Posts by Erik Johansson
Old Oct 19, 2002, 01:17 PM
oroville CA USA
Joined Apr 2001
101 Posts
Hi Erik,check out my post for the paper 300 in this forum.It would be an interesting project for indoor.Mike
kitbasher is offline Find More Posts by kitbasher