Old Apr 16, 2007, 04:13 AM
Your user title is suggestive,
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Apr 2006
1,805 Posts
Help!
Bad Servo or Bad Head

Hi, I have a problem.

First off, I have a Honeybee CP2 with an Optic 5 radio and a fairly generic RX. The RX plugs into 3 HS55 servos and the ESKY 3-in-1. I have a brushless ESC connected to CH5 slaved to CH3.

I have done the stick-collective fix of moving the stepped washers.

I also did the "flip the grips" mod and reversed the SWASH setting to compensate for that.

From a hover, every 10~15 seconds the heli will jump up and right.

When I bench-test the heli, everything seems okay.

The consistent up/right movement leads me to think a servo is bad. But I can't confirm that. It could also be a bad RX maybe. Or maybe something in the head.

What do you guys think?
Xptical is offline Find More Posts by Xptical
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:14 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Swap servo positions. If direction of jump changes, you have a bad servo.

Also check tx for a dirty pot. Move offending trimall the way to one side. Compensate while flying. If "glitch" is gone, you have a dirty pot.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:57 AM
Your user title is suggestive,
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Apr 2006
1,805 Posts
I use the TX to fly several helis. But that's a good suggestion.
Xptical is offline Find More Posts by Xptical
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:30 AM
Muskego, Wisconsin
Joined Jan 2007
417 Posts
I think you should check your feathering shaft.
If you put the whole head on a drill with the blades and spin it, then work the collective through the swash plate by hand.
you'll feel that a straight shaft pulls the swash plate nice and smooth, up and down on the head, silky.
Now with even a little bend, the blade will pivot in the grips , and feel balanced out , but while spinning it in the drill, and trying to hold the swash plate , and work the collective pitch, that little bend will try to pull the swash plate right out of your hand.
And thats what is happening when you bird jumps, the force overcomes the servos,
and you get a hop, then you leave off, servo's can hold it again, and then another little hop,
Took longer to write this then it takes to check the shaft.
And the shaft is easy to straighten.
Cheers
Jimbo40 is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo40