HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2007, 06:43 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
All you're get here is anecdotal information.
Talk to the manufacturers!
E-mail is preferable, for the hard copy.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2007, 06:46 PM
Flt 76..N.bound..feet dry
Baltic CT, USA
Joined Dec 2000
263 Posts
300 mw?

I also meant to ask where you got this power level for your ICD?

Allen S
AllenS is offline Find More Posts by AllenS
Last edited by AllenS; Apr 17, 2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 03:19 PM
NM2K
Ringgold, GA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
All you're get here is anecdotal information.
Talk to the manufacturers!
E-mail is preferable, for the hard copy.

------------

I agree. This is much to serious of an issue to rely on heresay.

Ed Cregger
Artisan is offline Find More Posts by Artisan
Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:35 AM
Ottawa, Ontario
Joined Apr 2007
19 Posts
Good luck on me getting a hard reply from the manufact... hard copy meens legal issue i we can all see were that would go.
I`m just trying to get some concrete info before i purchase any 2.4 GHZ radio systems
then i would be able to send radios to Medtronic...?
AS for power level for icd ...Question .. just assuming that if they say regular cell phone is ok 99.9% of cell phones run on 300 milliwatts

Thanx for the input guys

Will keep you updated

Getting icd install next week
Fuzzbuster is offline Find More Posts by Fuzzbuster
Last edited by Fuzzbuster; Apr 22, 2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spell
Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:46 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Actually, the newer digital cell phones run at variable power levels, but the maximum is somewhere around 300 mw for handheld units, used to be up to 3 watts, but it was decided those might not be very safe. With the number of cell towers in most cities, the power of a modern phone is probably under 100mw most of the time (speculation!).

The FCC documents for the XPS stuff say that it has a 100mw EIRP maximum! You can find this by slogging through the FCC website to find the OET ID lookup. Put OUR in the first box and -XBEEPRO in the second box and it will spit out the test and legal data. Send that to Medtronic and get their opinion. Then if they say that it might be OK and want to look at it, you can buy one and send it to them. They may look at the documents and say NO WAY! Which would cause you to lose money from the purchase. Heck just link them to this post and they can look up the info, they probably have that search form bookmarked on their computers. If you don't trust the FCC ID that I listed, just look at the pictures on the XPS site, the FCC ID is clearly shown in several pictures, just remember the "-" before the XBEEPRO or it will not work. I looked up the info yesterday at work and read through it. There is also a copy of most of that info on the XBEEPRO webpages from the manufacturer. XPS using XBEEPRO modules that they buy, and use the XBEEPRO FCC ID so that they don't have to pay for additional testing.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:49 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Here is the search form:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/c...ericSearch.cfm

First box: OUR
second box -XBEEPRO

This might link you to the detailed test and forms:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/c...R-XBEEPRO'

Then again it might not work which is why I kept the long form listed procedures. Send this to Medtronic and have them look it over! Then follow their suggestions for testing. When they are done, let everyone know what happens.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:03 AM
Baltic CT, USA
Joined Dec 2000
263 Posts
You have to be kidding ?

"Good luck on me getting a hard reply from the manufact... hard copy meens legal issue i we can all see were that would go."

The data I quoted you in a previous post (#30) was from a hard copy manual, I received from Medtronics particular to my device. My doctors were able to find out all the necessary information the day before the ICD was installed.

I can not speak for the other ICDs (manufacturers or models) As I recall I was given a Guident ICD manual to look at before hand, that raised the issue about safely using RC equipment. From the manufactures viewpoint they are concerned with the RF effecting the device programing

I really don't think your sending RC equipment to any manufacture will increase your odds of them actually testing it. Their agenda is not yours

Allen S
Old Apr 22, 2007, 01:40 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCheroske
Just wanna mention that all Futaba 2.4 transmitters have a "General/France" switch that reduces power output to 10 mw. It's a "French" thing. :shrug:
I think this switch actually disables some of the channels of the 2.4GHz band, which are occupied by other appliances in France.
Hence, the channel number is reduced, not the power, IMO.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Apr 23, 2007, 04:05 PM
Ottawa, Ontario
Joined Apr 2007
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenS
"Good luck on me getting a hard reply from the manufact... hard copy meens legal issue i we can all see were that would go."

The data I quoted you in a previous post (#30) was from a hard copy manual, I received from Medtronics particular to my device. My doctors were able to find out all the necessary information the day before the ICD was installed.

I can not speak for the other ICDs (manufacturers or models) As I recall I was given a Guident ICD manual to look at before hand, that raised the issue about safely using RC equipment. From the manufactures viewpoint they are concerned with the RF effecting the device programing

I really don't think your sending RC equipment to any manufacture will increase your odds of them actually testing it. Their agenda is not yours

Allen S

Manufacturers i ment spektrum or futaba...
and as for Medtronic they volunteered to test wichever radio i decide to purchase ...they are not aware of this new technology yet and were interested for obvious reasons... peoples hearts
i was just trying to make an informed discision before buying
Last edited by Fuzzbuster; Apr 23, 2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spell
Old Apr 23, 2007, 05:16 PM
Crowthorne, Berkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2002
211 Posts
Fuzzbuster
Firstly I sympathise with your search for definitive information, given your situation. All I can contribute is the following: Here in the UK, we are limited by law to using R/C equipment that has a transmitted output power of 100mW max. The 2.4GHz band was only made legally available to us in December 2006 at this power, prior to this we had (and still have) 27MHz (all models), 40MHz (surface vehicles, boats) and 35MHz (aircraft only). By some quirk of the regulations, we could also use the DX6 as this is limited to 10mW. As from December, the DX7 became legal so by inference, the DX6 is 10mW and the DX7 is 100mW. If you can't get info from the R/C manufacturer, you must have a radio frequency regulator body in Canada that should be able to tell you what the maximum allowable transmitted power is.

Good luck and good health

Trev
TrevC is offline Find More Posts by TrevC
Old Apr 23, 2007, 06:07 PM
Baltic CT, USA
Joined Dec 2000
263 Posts
That's good news

"and as for Medtronic they volunteered to test wichever radio i decide to purchase ...they are not aware of this new technology yet and were interested for obvious reasons... peoples hearts
i was just trying to make an informed discision before buying"

I'm obviously interested in what the testing results maybe.

Living with an ICD is not too difficult, but it does take getting used to. Airport inspections require getting frisked & I'm not supposed to linger around devices in stores that monitor purchased items (theft), & as far as I know I'm not supposed to lift more than 30 lbs with the arm thats on the side my ICD is on. This will limit the size plane I can pick up

So far my condition has been controlled by drugs and the ICD has not been required to pace or to defirulate.

Good luck

Allen S
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:50 PM
Ottawa, Ontario
Joined Apr 2007
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenS
"and as for Medtronic they volunteered to test wichever radio i decide to purchase ...they are not aware of this new technology yet and were interested for obvious reasons... peoples hearts
i was just trying to make an informed discision before buying"

I'm obviously interested in what the testing results maybe.

Living with an ICD is not too difficult, but it does take getting used to. Airport inspections require getting frisked & I'm not supposed to linger around devices in stores that monitor purchased items (theft), & as far as I know I'm not supposed to lift more than 30 lbs with the arm thats on the side my ICD is on. This will limit the size plane I can pick up

So far my condition has been controlled by drugs and the ICD has not been required to pace or to defirulate.

Good luck

Allen S

THX for the reply Allen

The drugs are supposed to control the condition as well for me but
really nervous for next Wed. for implant date...
woried about 2nd and third lead into the heart.

Soon as i get results from Spektrum/Medtronic i will post fore sure

THX again
Serge
36 years old with Conjestive Heart Failure (E.F. of 8% for those who care )

Still dont know output in milliwatts for DX-6 & DX-7 for sure
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:56 PM
Ottawa, Ontario
Joined Apr 2007
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevC
Fuzzbuster
Firstly I sympathise with your search for definitive information, given your situation. All I can contribute is the following: Here in the UK, we are limited by law to using R/C equipment that has a transmitted output power of 100mW max. The 2.4GHz band was only made legally available to us in December 2006 at this power, prior to this we had (and still have) 27MHz (all models), 40MHz (surface vehicles, boats) and 35MHz (aircraft only). By some quirk of the regulations, we could also use the DX6 as this is limited to 10mW. As from December, the DX7 became legal so by inference, the DX6 is 10mW and the DX7 is 100mW. If you can't get info from the R/C manufacturer, you must have a radio frequency regulator body in Canada that should be able to tell you what the maximum allowable transmitted power is.

Good luck and good health

Trev

Thanx for reply TREV C

We know in north america the max ouput ...1 watt/1000milliwatt
I`m maxed out for implant interference @ approx 300mw to 350 mw

Thats why i`ve been trying to get some straight answers from Spek. & Futaba

Will post my results... Decided to purchase DX-7 and Medtronic offered to test for me what true output would be.. Stay tuned for results

When I recover
Old Apr 27, 2007, 04:19 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
what a way to go.....

man ya gotta be kiddin me.....worried about dyin??? when its time, we all goin plain and simple......to die doing what you like , is priceless.....man just do what ya want, and dont worrie about it........
rjarois is offline Find More Posts by rjarois
Old Apr 27, 2007, 05:36 PM
Baltic CT, USA
Joined Dec 2000
263 Posts
3 lead devices

I also have a three lead ICD installed, most ICDs are two leaded. I don't think the degree of difficulty or danger in installing the extra lead is that much greater. I should talk mine is done. I think with your state of health the 3 leaded device will improve what activities etc that you will be able to enjoy

Best of luck on Wed
I'll keep you in my prayers
Allen S