HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2007, 08:17 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,435 Posts
Discussion
What a Day - Club 40 Pylon Racing can be so tiring!

We do Club 40 two pole pylon racing with WM Sky Raider Mach 2 and LA Racers - .40 size engines (see attachment).

Our first "offical" race was scheduled for 7 Apr but nasty weather rescehduled for 14 Apr - Today!
Winds steady about 20mph, gusts to 30mph and straight down the runway - the WRONG way! Temps in the 60's with a nasty wind chill. 19 folks showed anyway and we did the race thing. It was fun.

Only 1 plane went swimming in the stock tank (VERY full after all the rain!). The pilot had an injuried hand (prop kick back/bite) but had to fly ONE MORE TIME! Stalled at low altitude and a gust finished it. We did have a small inflatable boat so recovery was not an issue.

Keeping the pylons up was an issue! The wind put pylon 2 in the water (recovered, shortened, and braced) before the race started. And pylon 1 when over just before starting (shortened, tied it down).

I didn't fly since I don't have any gas engines. Did the drinks provider, cut judge, lap counter, time entry (NMPRA program) thing all day. And had fun. And I'm burned. And the wind chill darn near froze my face off while cut judging the safety line (3 cut judges - pylon 1, pylon 2, safety line "the fence").

You know what? It was a great day!
Crash
P.S. wuld help if I attached the attachment...
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel
to remove ads between posts