HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2007, 06:26 PM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
My bug would be done,if I could figure out the tx programming JR XF421EX,Has Delta tail,V-tail mixing,which one do I use? Anyone familiar with this radio?
rhondaward is offline Find More Posts by rhondaward
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2007, 06:47 PM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
I have a Dx6 and I used the Delta mix. Works for me!
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phone number change.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:41 AM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
Well,Im missing something,I can get mix to work,I dont know how to adjust the mix,been trying travel adjust which has some effect,HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 29, 2007, 03:09 AM
Joined Feb 2006
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFO FLYER
Wrugen

Where did you get the 9mm epp foam ? I have a bug and just ordered a second one. I would like to make a 1.5 x bug but I do not know where I can get the foam.

thanks
ifoflyer
Epp can be purchased at www.slofly.com
wrugen is offline Find More Posts by wrugen
Old Apr 29, 2007, 06:55 AM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
My bug would be done,if I could figure out the tx programming JR XF421EX,Has Delta tail,V-tail mixing,which one do I use? Anyone familiar with this radio?
rhonda, with the DX6 you just turn "on" the Delta mix. V-tail is turned "off".

I would ask this down in the "radio" forum too. Or start doing some web searches on your model number and the words delta mix, you might get lucky.
Scott_S. is offline Find More Posts by Scott_S.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 06:57 AM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
Well,Im missing something,I can get mix to work,I dont know how to adjust the mix,been trying travel adjust which has some effect,HELP!!!!!!!!!
To make it easy, set travel at 100%, then work on expo.
Scott_S. is offline Find More Posts by Scott_S.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:02 PM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
Here's a video I shot this AM:

Bug Video

This was with LOW rates - I still have to graduate to high rates!
CitaFly is offline Find More Posts by CitaFly
Last edited by CitaFly; Apr 30, 2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added Audio
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:58 PM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
I figured out how to turn on delta,but how do I adjust the mix? Is it all or nothing? Also cant figure out how to adjust travel on the mixed channels.I found the owners manual on the web,but it just shows how to activate delta,no info on adjustment.Man I hope Im not going to have to buy a fancier tx yet too.This one dosent have expo. either,I was hopeing to "wing it" by limiting travels.I fly helis without expo.????????
Old May 01, 2007, 12:13 AM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
I have a dx6 not a Jr. But If I am n ot mistaken a lot of the Dx6 is jr.
So anyway on my radio I can still adjust the elevator and aileron functions just as before.
I have my ailerons function at 125% on high rates. But will LOTS of expo!
Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phone number change.
Old May 01, 2007, 12:22 AM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
Can you just tell me what channels on the Corona rx,go to which servos? I have 2 switched wrong,Right stick left and right makes the elevators work and up and down makes the aielerons work I have tried every combination and cant get it right ch1 is throttle,ch2 goes to the right hand elevon servo,ch3 other elevon servo,ch4 rudder.Whats wrong with this picture? Sorry,this is my first elevon plane and first time useing this tx.
Old May 01, 2007, 01:24 AM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
I got it!,,Maiden tomorrow
Old May 01, 2007, 01:40 AM
Joined Dec 2006
14 Posts
hey Ronda, I got the same Rx but didn't even ask for a crystal. What crystal are you using? will a berg work? has anybody else tried?
OnTheMoment is offline Find More Posts by OnTheMoment
Old May 01, 2007, 02:48 AM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
Same here,I got a GWS,Yes I think the berg micro crystal will work,shift dosent matter.I believe its called a UM3 size.
Old May 01, 2007, 02:55 AM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
Mine is ready I guess. I have the rates cranked way down,Im useing a 3s 340mah,Man oh Man Im kinda sckeered of it! Other than helis and 1/4 scale high and mid wings Im a total noob Never flown anything like this before.Any and all advice welcome.Should I hand launch over tall grass,or attempt rog,over pavement? Ill probably cartwheel it within 3 feet! It seems a little tricky to keep straight taxiing,but seems like it will take off in about 2 feet! Not shure what Ive gotten myself into here. EDIT I almost forgot,I do have another concern,I got one servo that dosent center and is slow,Tried it on different channels and its defenitly the servo,they seem to be $10 servos LOL,I was expecting QUALITY D** IT!
Last edited by rhondaward; May 01, 2007 at 03:08 AM.
Old May 01, 2007, 09:36 AM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
First, make sure that when the system is powered that all the control surfaces are absolutely flat, especially the ailerons. Do whatever you have to as this is critical.

I always hand launch - I would not maiden over pavement, grass is much more forgiving. Don't spin it up to full throttle - hold it and advance the throttle until you feel a good tug on the Bug, then a nice level toss should do it. I normally launch at about 60% throtttle.

Do not over-control! Small movements on the stick. Get the Bug up to about 50 feet, then throttle back a bit to keep it level and trim as needed - a few clicks should do it.

For your first flight, just practice keeping it level and go back and forth in wide elliptical orbits.

Landing is a snap, throttle back and let it float down slowly - when about a foot off the ground, cut the throttle and pull up - it should plop down to land.
CitaFly is offline Find More Posts by CitaFly