Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 16, 2007, 09:50 PM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
Boomer speaks the truth! A range check is always a good idea on a new plane. And never a bad idea on any plane!
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:56 PM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
My plane rolled slightly easier one way also, until a 3d guru showed me how to balance it, laterally and axialy. Makes an unbelievable difference in holding a hover also, I moved all gear to left side and batt. on the right. Well wonders never cease, I actually won the monthly drawing at our club! And its a E-Flite Extra 260 Foamie! Think a Bug motor will do? I read someone on this thread say it seems to pull about the same as the recommended park 300. ????????????????
rhondaward is offline Find More Posts by rhondaward
Last edited by rhondaward; Jun 17, 2007 at 05:44 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 03:54 AM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987tc
I have a dx6 so all I have is a couple of little bitty antennas and I let them dangle.
You could use some blenderm to tape it to the wing.
Arent the simplest ways always the best ;-) blenderm it is then.
rcsoaringhk is offline Find More Posts by rcsoaringhk
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:00 AM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
My plane rolled slightly easier one way also, until a 3d guru showed me how to balance it laterally and axialy. Makes an unbelievable difference in holding a hover also, I moved all gear to left side and batt. on the right.
Cool idea, i'll put my batt on the right for now, next time i have to repair something i'll move the other elec's over to the left side, i was trying to figure this out all night, but i gave up, so went with stock instruc's again.

Congrats on your win.......what goes around, comes around!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:30 AM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
The stock motor has a red/black/yellow cable set,
The stock esc as a yell/yell/yell cable set:
Am i right in assuming the yellow is the middle cable and the black and red are the outer cables?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:46 AM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
Dosent matter,like we said, plug em all in,if it runs backwards switch any two.
rhondaward is offline Find More Posts by rhondaward
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:20 AM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
[QUOTE=rhondaward I actually won the monthly drawing at our club! And its a E-Flite Extra 260 Foamie! Think a Bug motor will do? I read someone on this thread say it seems to pull about the same as the recommended park 300. ????????????????[/QUOTE]

I'm using the Park 300 on the Bug and it pulls less than the CD ROM motor with 2 cells and about the same with 3 cells; however, with three cells and a 10x3.8 prop, the Park 300 gets quite warm during a "workout" while the CD ROM never got that hot.

I think you should be fine with it.

I'm thinking of trying a Scorpion next - cheaper than E-flites and the magnets are rated for higher temps.
CitaFly is offline Find More Posts by CitaFly
Old Jun 17, 2007, 02:22 PM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
[QUOTE=rhondaward] I moved all gear to left side and batt. on the right. /QUOTE]

I thought what the hell and did as you, I put my rx/esc and all the wiring on the bottom right, and the batt with the rudder servo on the top left.

It looks alot better, gives it a smooth side fusalage to look at too ;-)

What do you think of recessing the rudder servo into the foam instead of stuck onto it, would it affect the fualage strenth?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 02:33 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
Any time you cut a hole in a surface you will lose some strength. I don't think that it will hurt anything really. I don't think you will really gain anything either.
But keep in mind that instead of seeing the servo on one side of the fuselage you would then see it on both sides.
Also it would make it a little harder to remove the rudder servo arm if you would need to.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2007, 03:14 PM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
Good points, nothing really gained. See what you mean.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:16 PM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
All is installed on my Bug now, charging my tx overnight and switching her on for the first time in the morning, to set up the tx.
Without a maiden yet all i can say is, could'nt be happier, is a beautiful plane.
Weight without batt is 5oz, so BIG smiles all round.

I just have that feel'in........!
Last edited by rcsoaringhk; Jun 17, 2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: scales were not zeroed..duh
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
You will love the way it flies! It is a blast to fly and durable. Just take it easy on the controls till you get used to it. Then you can start working up to full throw and really turn and burn!
Good luck on the maiden flight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:43 PM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987tc
Just take it easy on the controls till you get used to it. Then you can start working up to full throw and really turn and burn!
Good luck on the maiden flight.
Im VERY VERY new to throttle control, mostly on reflex.
90% of my powered planes in the past have been flown engine on full or off, not much useage in between, so this will be fun ;-)

So dont fear, i'll fly her like a kitten in a box of styrofoam balls....!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
HongKong
Joined Jun 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
I trimmed a slot for it..
Any chance of a photo of the slot for the rudder cf rod?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:07 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
Just remember that a little goes a long way on this plane. I fly 99% of my flights around 50% throttle or a tiny bit more.
And of course with more throttle comes quicker control response with increased airflow.

When you try new things with it just take it up higher to experiment. It is a tough plane but it can be broken!
RCG Plus Member