HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:36 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
Im starting to be concerned,I ordered over 2 days ago,Seems hes ignoring my e-mails,no responce,no order confirmation,nothing.But my cc was charged!
You need not worry, Ron is at the Toledo Show which starts tomorrow.
Ron is tops on communications and will answer every call or email.
Scott_S. is offline Find More Posts by Scott_S.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:59 PM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
AAAh,Thanks for the info! You suppose this means my order wont ship until he returns?
rhondaward is offline Find More Posts by rhondaward
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:25 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
AAAh,Thanks for the info! You suppose this means my order wont ship until he returns?
That would be my guess. I'm sure he has a laptop, if so you may just hear from him this weekend.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:45 PM
Severna Park, MD
Joined Jan 2006
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_S.
Yes, exactly, and if I move the rudder by hand to the right, the rubber tube will bend *without* moving the servo at all, thus while the plane is sitting on the ground and I'm waiting for the wind to die down, the wind will blow the rudder to the right, and left but left takes a bit stronger wind.
Will yours not move at all without moving the servo?
I had a similar situation. The problem was that the anchoring glue had loosened (after a crash) where the CF rod enters the rudder. After solidifying the joint, it has flown well - no loose rudder.
Dave Smith is offline Find More Posts by Dave Smith
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:57 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Smith
I had a similar situation. The problem was that the anchoring glue had loosened (after a crash) where the CF rod enters the rudder. After solidifying the joint, it has flown well - no loose rudder.
Hey thanks Dave! I'll check that out as soon as I get home. For the most part these foamie types are so easy to repair. Gotta love that!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:49 AM
USA, IL, Barrington
Joined Feb 2001
1,944 Posts
MKH, you mean there is one smaller than 17"? I like the video on the mini. Slow, fast and acrobatic. Didn't look twitchy in the video.

Pete
peterv is online now Find More Posts by peterv
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:07 PM
MKH
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv
MKH, you mean there is one smaller than 17"? I like the video on the mini. Slow, fast and acrobatic. Didn't look twitchy in the video.

Pete
Yep, a 12" micro-bug. It's mentioned on the website, and has a video link.
MKH
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Well heck I checked and she's good and solid. I can hold the plane up and
just blow on the rudder and it will move a good 1/2 inch, all looks good and
well connected too. The play is in a combination of servo flex on the foam,servo plastic arm flex, carbon fiber rod flex, but most is in the rubber
tube where both carbon fiber rods slip into right by the rudder hinge.
I just won't fly in wind.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:33 PM
Severna Park, MD
Joined Jan 2006
179 Posts
Quote:
The play is in a combination of servo flex on the foam,servo plastic arm flex, carbon fiber rod flex, but most is in the rubber
tube where both carbon fiber rods slip into right by the rudder hinge.
I checked my linkage again, with your problem in mind. If I push on the rudder, the whole plane moves - it's rigid. There is no flex of the servo on the foam, nor flex in the servo plastic arm, nor flex in the carbon rod, nor flex in the rubber tube, nor flex in the spot where the final rod glues into the rudder.
The whole assembly moves as one piece, with the intended flex in the rubber tube as the rudder deflects to one side or the other when the servo moves it.

You might want to check all those places that contribute to your combination of flexes. It sounds like one or more of them is too loose.
Dave Smith is offline Find More Posts by Dave Smith
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:52 PM
Joined Oct 2006
192 Posts
Yes the "12 inch is my goal here. I have the Micro brushless system assembled and ready, micro invent minor waiting in the wings, all I need is the kit. Anyone else seen this little beast in person? Perhaps at a show? Yes, I saw the video I just want more info! Durable micro 3D is finally within my grasp!
lightflight is offline Find More Posts by lightflight
Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:11 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
I checked my linkage again, with your problem in mind. If I push on the rudder, the whole plane moves - it's rigid. There is no flex of the servo on the foam, nor flex in the servo plastic arm, nor flex in the carbon rod, nor flex in the rubber tube, nor flex in the spot where the final rod glues into the rudder.
The whole assembly moves as one piece, with the intended flex in the rubber tube as the rudder deflects to one side or the other when the servo moves it.

You might want to check all those places that contribute to your combination of flexes. It sounds like one or more of them is too loose.
Well thanks for checking on it for me. After reading your post I checked mine again and most of the movement, like 90%, is in fact the little white plastic servo arm. The very end of the arm will move a little over 1/16 of an inch as I just barely move the rudder, not forcing anything, just moving till normal resistance is felt. I had some healthy low level but fast crashes, I may have
stripped a gear. Not sure yet. But it acts like a tooth or two may be missing.
Thanks again!
Old Apr 16, 2007, 02:41 PM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
Hey guys - does this look familiar?

Details here:

BeeGee EPP Foam Build

You can see it's lineage to the Bug.
CitaFly is offline Find More Posts by CitaFly
Old Apr 17, 2007, 02:52 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaFly
Hey guys - does this look familiar?

Details here:

BeeGee EPP Foam Build

You can see it's lineage to the Bug.
I like it.....a lot! I'm thinking of one without a rudder, just keep the fuse
running straight on it. Just a thought.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2005
1,752 Posts
Quote:
I like it.....a lot! I'm thinking of one without a rudder, just keep the fuse
running straight on it. Just a thought.

You will want/need a rudder. This is one of the most important aspects of a light plane such as this and seperates the bug from its competion in flight performance.
lammy1000 is offline Find More Posts by lammy1000
Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:52 PM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
Curious about your comments on the rudder - can you elaborate?
CitaFly is offline Find More Posts by CitaFly