HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2007, 12:08 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaFly
Thanks! I saw the first one but the second link is a good one also. I've been doing some stunts that I have not seen described - maybe only Bug-type planes can do them.
There are a lot more links here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38079
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2007, 10:13 PM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
I hear ya,I sometimes get some altitude and give full throttle then just throw the sticks to full detent randomly! Tumble,Spin,Loops and rolls all thrown together! Recovery is so fast and easy,just release stick! Love the thing more every day.Only thing I would do differently is put a couple degrees of right thrust in,When hovering I have to balance with rudder whitch makes it more difficult.I had never flown an aerobatic plane until 2 weeks ago. Could never imagined my skills haveng improved so in such a short time.I do wonder if Im learning properly though,without an experienced instructor/mentor.Of course I probably will never fly competitvley.
rhondaward is offline Find More Posts by rhondaward
Last edited by rhondaward; May 13, 2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:40 AM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_S.
Thanks Citafly! If I keep the landing pads I'm gonna glue some CF strap on the bottom of them. The CF strap is so hard to get, can't get the LHS to get any in.
These guys are a very good source for cf material - Dragon Plate

What's nice is you can get 48" lengths - my lhs does not get material this long nor do they get the selection you can get on-line.
CitaFly is offline Find More Posts by CitaFly
Old May 14, 2007, 08:45 AM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
I hear ya,I sometimes get some altitude and give full throttle then just throw the sticks to full detent randomly! Tumble,Spin,Loops and rolls all thrown together! Recovery is so fast and easy,just release stick! Love the thing more every day.Only thing I would do differently is put a couple degrees of right thrust in,When hovering I have to balance with rudder whitch makes it more difficult.I had never flown an aerobatic plane until 2 weeks ago. Could never imagined my skills haveng improved so in such a short time.I do wonder if Im learning properly though,without an experienced instructor/mentor.Of course I probably will never fly competitvley.
Glad to see I'm not the only one to go "spaz" with the Bug! I too will not fly competitively - my kicks alone are enough for me. Maybe we need to start a "Bug Flying Manual"!
Old May 14, 2007, 11:49 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaFly
Maybe we need to start a "Bug Flying Manual"!
It will only need one line.... "Get Crazy the Bug loves it!"
boomer
Old May 14, 2007, 10:53 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerace
It will only need one line.... "Get Crazy the Bug loves it!"
boomer
i want one! where to get it?
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old May 14, 2007, 11:09 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz
i want one! where to get it?
www.lightflite.com

boomer
Old May 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
In The Sorrano Triangle
El Dorado Hills, Calif
Joined Mar 2005
1,023 Posts
bye
BOZINATOR is offline Find More Posts by BOZINATOR
Last edited by BOZINATOR; May 22, 2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:46 PM
In The Sorrano Triangle
El Dorado Hills, Calif
Joined Mar 2005
1,023 Posts
bye
BOZINATOR is offline Find More Posts by BOZINATOR
Last edited by BOZINATOR; May 22, 2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old May 15, 2007, 01:25 PM
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
Looks interesting! Cheap enough to try out or make up - it must scream with an E-flite 400! Performance from the videos is very Bug-like; I would guess that Bug type planes will have similar performance patterns.
Old May 15, 2007, 02:08 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
I ordered one to try. (A Blackwing) I have 2 Bugs!
boomer
Last edited by boomerace; May 15, 2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old May 15, 2007, 02:16 PM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
Man,Ill bet Ron has recieved a bunch of orders lately! Get to try mine inside a dome for the first time tonight,I cant wait to see the looks on the IFO guys faces when I rip on it!
Old May 15, 2007, 02:32 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
Man,Ill bet Ron has recieved a bunch of orders lately! Get to try mine inside a dome for the first time tonight,I cant wait to see the looks on the IFO guys faces when I rip on it!
Let us know how it goes! I'm going to put a LG on my Blackwing either like the IFO type I designed or the Bug type.
boomer
Old May 15, 2007, 02:40 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZINATOR
When do you think we will see the MINI and MICRO bugs forsale?
Thanks
JIM
Not out yet. Ron received so many orders including 4 for RTF that all he has been doing is shipping and building planes!
BTW I think the Micro Bug will fly much like the Video of the Micro IFO I designed. www.boomerseflight.com (I sold it for $280 right after shooting the video!)
boomer
Old May 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
Im stupider than you!
Pekin Illinois
Joined Aug 2006
1,722 Posts
WOW,What a great time indoors! Yep the IFO guys looked a little "green" There happened to be a guy there that was like a 3d guru,after watching my attempts to hold a hover he offered to help.He showed me tricks to adjust trim and most importantly BALANCE,turns out the reason I was having to use so much rudder was the weight of the battery being on the left side.We balanced it by moving the batt. to other side along with the rx. Now it "locks in" in a hover!!! I had him timing with a stop watch and managed one 47 sec. hover,with very little movement! Sure helps to have an experienced mentor. I know Ron is getting another 3 orders tonight(yep all IFO flyers) Look ma,No Tuck.
Last edited by rhondaward; May 15, 2007 at 11:04 PM.