HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2002, 05:59 PM
Seattle, Washington
Joined Sep 2002
759 Posts
Looking for a thread of very small triplane videos

Hi,
I am looking for a thread that I should have bookmarked. This thread had videos of a very very small tri-plane (I think it was silver in color). The videos of it had it flying around a bedroom and taking off from the bed etc. Anyone know which thread that was? Thanks.
Manchild is offline Find More Posts by Manchild
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2002, 07:41 PM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
There were a couple. Try these:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=55915
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=60174
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=57314

David Liu was the individual who designed and built the plan and is quite active in this forum.

Dan
DWE
www.smallrc.com
1-866-FLY-MICRO
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd
Old Oct 18, 2002, 07:15 PM
Living Room Aviator
Joined Jun 2002
269 Posts
The thread #60174 (middle link above) describes the final version of this plane. It's down to about 9.9 g AUW currently and is unlikely to go any lighter (especially since I'm working on an aileron biplane now).

-David
drliu is offline Find More Posts by drliu
Old Oct 19, 2002, 02:12 AM
Seattle, Washington
Joined Sep 2002
759 Posts
David. I must say, this is the most impressive plane I have ever seen. Incredible. Excellent job!
Manchild is offline Find More Posts by Manchild
Old Oct 19, 2002, 08:14 AM
Living Room Aviator
Joined Jun 2002
269 Posts
Thanks-- the Wisp takes one design parameter very far but I don't think it can be compared to some of the other tremendous efforts reported on this board. One of my longterm goals is to develop a way of making scale-like fuselages out of CF rod and mylar, especially after trading one of my Wisps for Chris3D's Pitts (the latter is every bit as beautiful in real life as it is in the pictures).

Also, like many newer planes the Wisp is a product of a lot of good advice and innovation by others in this hobby, especially Gordon, Nick Leichty, and Jean-Daniel Nicoud (of Didel).

-David
drliu is offline Find More Posts by drliu