HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:03 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,646 Posts
Discussion
The wind returns!

I've seen it windy here before, but oh boy, this is nuts.

Virtually all of inland Southern California is under a wind advisory. Needless to say, I probably won't be doing any flying in the foreseeable future.

On the bright side, I've just about finished converting a spare bedroom into a hobby paradise, due in no small part to the generosity of my sister and brother-in-law. They gave my wife and I a truckload of near-new furniture and accessories that wouldn't go with the new furnishings in their new home. Worth every dime I spent on a 17' U-Haul truck. I cannot thank them enough.

One of the things I was lucky enough to get was a beautiful European-style workstation that once served as my nephew's homework desk and which must have cost a small fortune. I've been using it a lot and I have to say that I'm one lucky sonofagun since I don't make that kind of bread. Been careful, too. Don't want to scratch it.

This also gives me a suitable workplace to put the HPI Savage back together. Yup, still nothing more than a rolling chassis awaiting the new engine. Oh, well.

One thing's for sure: I'm going to lay out some newspaper on that workstation when I'm ready to hit the wrenches and install that mill.

Getting back to the wind issue, all I can say is "nuts." After sixteen months, countless repairs and a whole lot of simulator time, I am finally at the point where I'm wearing out more parts than I'm breaking on the Blade CP! It's doing exactly what I want it to do. Only mishaps as of late were mechanical failures of the tail motor (surprise!) and of the aluminum swashplate.

I am now thinking "Align T-Rex."

Might have to save my sheckels.

Until next time, have fun!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts